Small Car Suggestion Required

Thread Starter #1
We are looking for a small car - to be used as a city primarily and have seen (not TDed) the following. Comfortable, no-nonsense car is the objective.

- Ritz - Bigger engine, decent space for 5.7 and below and Mumbai on road of 4.77 lac for Vxi without music offered. Discount is higher with exchange of 40+35K as the model is under phase out by Maruti

- Wagon R - Standard tall design, smaller engine, better mileage, has it share of space constraints and engine noise in cabin - Mumbai on road of 4.32 lacs offered for Vxi

- Celerio - new model, no discount, design is good, space is decent, on road is around 4.85 lacs

- Grand i10 - More space than the above 3 and costlier too

- i20 - Biggest of the lot and much snazzy - cost is 6.2 on road for mid variant

given the above we were thinking if it makes sense to keep it at 4.75 on road and get the best out of it. So thoughts are welcome and info around which dealer given max in Mumbai and if outgoing model like Ritz can get higher discount on their inventory etc., is helpful.

Thanks for objective inputs towards the above

Sir,How about the new Chevrolet Beat ? It looks awesome,Cool and Funky.It has better Interior Space and Much better Safety than the Ritz and it is not going to be Phased out anywhere in atleast for another 3 years.It is also much more safer than the Wagon R and It is a segment higher than the Wagon R.I have some Pictures
beatxulfi.jpg

Chevrolet-Beat-Interiors.jpg

Again,You can consider the Chevy Sail UVA.It may not be as much a looker like the i20 but has much more Interior and Bootspace than the i20 and also Lesser Maintainence and also Most importantly the Spare parts are much more cheaper.

Sail-HB_MOVP-Masthead.jpg

chevrolet-india-sail-hb-2014-movp-2-Side-interior.jpg

I strongly recommend you to consider both these cars
Sad to know many buyers leave Chevy off their Options.They are very good Guys !

Thank you

Thread Starter #3
Both of them are above the price point of 4.75 lacs for the decent features required?

Also is the Beat internal space not lesser than ritz?

No not like that ! They are great cars but They are heavily Under-rated.Nope,The Beat's Interior space is bigger than the Ritz.Why would you want a very Unsafe car that is also going to be Phased out soon >

Thread Starter #5
What is the onroad for Beat - would you know?

Why would you say Ritz is unsafe?

Sure,Sir.On-road for Which City and for Petrol or Diesel Sir ?

The Ciaz and Ertiga are the Only Cars from Maruti that has passed the safety test meaning no Injury or Death incase of Loss of Control and Crash Test.The Ritz has failed the test because of it's Very Weak Structural Design and Structural Rigidity.Nobody can say that "Ritz failed because it had very little Crumple Zones".Then How did the Old Matiz become the First Car in India to Pass every Test in Safety with 5 Stars on 5 when the Santro and ZEN failed and even in note,It had even more Smaller Crumple Zones than the Beat and Ritz ?

Only Because of the Structural Design and Rigidity.The Beat and Spark is based on Matiz.So Safety is nothing to worry about as all the 3 Generations has passed the Safety test Very Well.

Thank you

We are looking for a small car - to be used as a city primarily and have seen (not TDed) the following. Comfortable, no-nonsense car is the objective.

- Ritz - Bigger engine, decent space for 5.7 and below and Mumbai on road of 4.77 lac for Vxi without music offered. Discount is higher with exchange of 40+35K as the model is under phase out by Maruti

- Wagon R - Standard tall design, smaller engine, better mileage, has it share of space constraints and engine noise in cabin - Mumbai on road of 4.32 lacs offered for Vxi

- Celerio - new model, no discount, design is good, space is decent, on road is around 4.85 lacs

- Grand i10 - More space than the above 3 and costlier too

- i20 - Biggest of the lot and much snazzy - cost is 6.2 on road for mid variant

given the above we were thinking if it makes sense to keep it at 4.75 on road and get the best out of it. So thoughts are welcome and info around which dealer given max in Mumbai and if outgoing model like Ritz can get higher discount on their inventory etc., is helpful.

Thanks for objective inputs towards the above
Hello rsrs i would suggest that you take a look the the Toyota Liva. The car is a no nonsense car with good features and a four star safety rating. It doesn't cost to much. If your priority is safety then go for the GD variant. If u like features then straightaway go for the VXD variant.( all variants are diesel) I recommend going for the diesel as it is a good engine for the city and offers adequate power for the highway as well. The petrol on Liva is a sluggish engine with bad drivability. I you want i can share more insights because I have a 2012 Toyota Etios GD. Feel free to ask me anything about it.

Thread Starter #8
I am getting white color Sail UVA petrol (LT with ABS and Driver Airbag) at a 50K discount The differences with the refresh are more cosmetic in nature.

Is this a good vehicle for city and less frequent highway travel? Without much hassles

I am getting white color Sail UVA petrol (LT with ABS and Driver Airbag) at a 50K discount The differences with the refresh are more cosmetic in nature.

Is this a good vehicle for city and less frequent highway travel? Without much hassles
Good discounts there for Sail UVA. It is good car and has few stand out things like Ride Quality, Space. But it's interiors were a disappointment like. But Chevrolet did correct them recently. The thing which severely strikes me is low sales, poor resale, ASS experience. One of my friend had a Sail Sedan LS Petrol in Harmony Beige color and he used it for 8 months and has exchanged for Hyundai Xcent. The reason being the above cons. He feared he might not get support in long term and hence he traded it.

Now if you want a car for city runs and boot isn't essential, Honda Brio is IMO the best car out there. It is compact, turning radius is small, visibility is great, seats are comfortable, and its engine is a gem. Boot is small, while rear headroom is tight for tall people. Apart from this I haven't found any fault in my 1.5 years of ownership, in fact it is has been the most reliable car I have owned till now, followed by Swift. If you do want boot, I would suggest Polo, Elite i20. You can also look at Compact sedans. But the Sail doesn't have that factor which makes it better then rivals.

Sir,Chevy ain't that bad as my Dad Owns an 04" Optra LS 1.6 and things were good from the start and it has improved up for Chevy since then ! He hasn't encountered any big issues with the Car other than Routine servicing for all these 6 Years (Yup,It was a Used Car).He goes to the Chevy A.S.S very rarely and He goes to his old Nexia Mechanic and he does a Superb job.One big problem is Chevy,Atleast in India is Hugely Under-rated and Under-appriciated.Same in Australia.People talk crap about them even without knowing things about them.There are many Chevy Owners in TAI and we guys will definitly help you out.The Sail UVA has the Best Interior Space,Boot Space and Ride Quality in it's Segment.It is a good deal ! Go for it !

Thread Starter #11
Planning to progress with petrol Sail UVA with ABS and driver airbag - working on the discounts with the dealer. This is 2014 manufacture and dealer is giving some discount as the refresh is already out.

Congrats Mr.RSRS_in,Are you getting the New Facelift or the Older one with lot of Discounts ? Mr.Baker,The Facelift for the Sail and Sail UVA was just released a Week ago ! Well,Most of the Improvements are in the Interiors.It was clearly a very good and Important move for Chevy.It drastically improved the looks of the Car.

Congrats Mr.RSRS_in,Are you getting the New Facelift or the Older one with lot of Discounts ? Mr.Baker,The Facelift for the Sail and Sail UVA was just released a Week ago ! Well,Most of the Improvements are in the Interiors.It was clearly a very good and Important move for Chevy.It drastically improved the looks of the Car.
Ya i saw that , and i just checked the price for the sail hatchback , in bangalore for 6L we are getting higher end model which has driver airbag and ABS.

That was quite surprise for me , it looks more valuable than many in that segement.

is there any ownership for sail here...?

Top Bottom