Which Car? Hyundai Verna 1.6 Petrol or VW Vento Highline Petrol

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

I am looking to buy a sedan and confused between Verna 1.6 Petrol and Vento Petrol.

Vento: I heard about Vento's high speed stability and I like the build quality too. I am though worried about the reliability issues and bad ownership experience on various forums from Volkswagen.

Verna: Loaded to the gills. Sporty looking. Quality cannot match German cars. Good Customer Service experience (I own a santro xing).

I am looking to book the car tomorrow. Suggestions please [confused]

Re: Which Car? - Verna 1.6 Petrol or Vento Highline Petrol

What about your usage pattern? If you like the vento then go for it, forget the After sales and enjoy the experience. It is a good car and also their A$$ is improving, talk with some other customers about their experience with the dealership. Else go for the Verna. Why not the Fiat Linea T-jet and the Honda City?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

The new verna has better suspensions so handling and comfort is improved but yes vento is still better in this department.

New verna will be coming soon in 2015 , you can check the internet for images.

I own a verna petrol 1.6 vtvt.

1st free service cost - 0 rupees (2 months)
2nd free service cost - 1055 rupees (1 year) (engine oil , oil filter)
3rd free service cost - 1255 rupees (2 years) (engine oil , oil filter , air filter)
4th paid service cost(estimated) - 3000 rupees(3 years)(engine oil , oil filter , air filter and labor)

Mileage i get,

Summers -
heavy traffic 100% Ac - 8-10 kmpl.
Moderate traffic 100% Ac - 9-11 kmpl.

Winters 0% Ac - 12-14 kmpl
Highway - 100% Ac - 14-16 kmpl (max i got was 14kmpl with bad roads)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

What about your usage pattern? If you like the vento then go for it, forget the After sales and enjoy the experience. It is a good car and also their A$$ is improving, talk with some other customers about their experience with the dealership. Else go for the Verna. Why not the Fiat Linea T-jet and the Honda City?
I have 3 cars and all of them run for around 8000 in a year. So not much. Also the initial cost of Diesel vehicle and reducing gap between Petrol and Diesel makes sense for me to go for petrol. My family is sold on either Verna or Vento. Between the 2 it is Vento because of the build quality.

Thread Starter #6
Vento - are you considering 1.6L or 1.2TSI? If it the later, I vote for Vento, else go for Verna (if your choice is only between Verna & Vento. Do suggest to consider T-Jet & City as suggested by Rollerdude aswell)
It will be 1.6 L. It will be a family vehicle so not looking at the Fun to Drive factor. Also I like the sudden rush provided by Turbo engines after the Turbo Lag. I have a Quanto and that helps satisfy my craving for Turbo drives. [:D]

Thread Starter #7

Thanks Rollerdude. Never considered City because of the thin sheet metal usage. I tested Linea as well but After Sales is still in initial stages. Somehow I and my family are sold on the Build Quality of the Vento.

I own a Verna, its about 1 year old now and I'm very disappointed of its suspension , so I never suggest Verna to anyone. But I heard, recently suspension is improved, if it is true then I think overall Verna is better than Vento.

Last edited:
I own a Verna, its about 1 year old now and I'm very disappointed of its suspension , so I never suggest Verna to anyone. But I heard, recently suspension is improved, if it is true then I think overall Verna is better than Vento.
When did you buy..?? Which month, because Hyundai Verna with Suspension revision was launched in May 2013. If you're version is SX, check whether it has Diamond Cut Alloys or regular alloys. If you have former, its a updated version.

@daliparthysuman,

If you're keen on Vento go for 1.2 TSI as it is better then 1.6 in terms of performance, fuel economy. The Vento Petrol sold in little numbers until the 1.2 was launched.

Honda City is lightly build, because its a Japanese car, but it has done well in crash test. So that should clear you're doubt. The thing which makes this a beauty is the Engine, its the finest engine you'll ever get in a mid size sedan. The engine and Reliability along with Brand Image were the big reasons why City has been so successful since its launch.

Test Drive the City Petrol and then decide. It has very good equipment list along with excellent space in the cabin. What more do you need, if I wanted a sedan in 8-12 lakhs segment, I would have bought the City with my eyes closed. But I have Rapid as I wanted a Diesel Sedan.

Top Bottom