What Car To Buy in Rs.5 Lakh On-Road Budget?

Thread Starter #1
> Your Budget: 4 to 5.5 lakhs onroad

> New or Used: New

> Your Location: surat, gujarat

> Top Five Priorities: Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, entertainment

> Monthly Running: Between 400 to 600 km

> Type of Fuel: only petrol

> For What Purpose: Regular Use

> Seating Capacity: Maximum 5 Adults

> Type of Segment: hatchback already having hyundai accent executive

main question, having another 2008 chevy spark ls model, want to exchange it to a new hatch for daily routine.

I'm getting festive offer of around 80000 in chevy spark LT n one lakh for my old spark. should i go for spark again with this deal.

or should i buy other car. like datsun go t, hyundai i10 sportz or grand i10 magna, maruti swift lxi or any other?

Please suggest soon. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: which car to buy in bugdet of 5 lakhs onroad....

If you are ok with Chevy then I will suggest to upgrade to Beat. Otherwise Wagon R or I 10 sems to be a good option.
Take a detailed TD for booking. Also with festive season you shall get a good deals on each cars as well. Do a detailed analysis on Cost of Car along with maintenance cost for next 3 years.

Well, Grand i10 Magna is a good deal. It will be well suited for your budget and get an decent aftermarket ICE or the one in your chevvy and you are good to go.

Swift LXi is good, but considering only city runs, Grand i10 gives you the luxury, comfort which swift lacks.

If you increase your budget a little bit, go for Sportz version, with this you have in-built ICE and it will leave you with no upgrades required and it will fulfill your other criteria, Entertainment.

The other car, which is suitable for you is, Celerio ZXi(O) @ 4.7L(ex-showroom) is a nice deal. Well, the interiors are decent, ride is good, and ICE is better than Grand i10.

Overall, you can have Celerio for - Mileage, Low maintanence, Peppy K10B Engine.
For Grand i10 - Premium interiors, a big feature list, rev-happy VTVT, and good looks.

Regarding A.S.S, both of them are having wide-spread, and cost wise Hyundai will be on little upper side. Now it all depends on you.

As Mr.Macsvin Suggested,I also recommend you the Chevrolet Beat-Powerful Pick-up in 1.2 Lit, 80 BHP, Automatic Climate Control, Loaded Car with Maximum City Driving Comfort & Features along with Low Turning Radius.And Also the New Beat looks Awesome ! Thank you

Thread Starter #5
thanks for replies.
chevy beat LT is overbugdet as it costs 581000. so i prefer spark LT instead of beat LS model.
now i didnt got any discount on grand petrol n getting less than lakh for my chevy..
so bit confused bout it..
about celerio dont know much about its performance with 1000 cc n its a new car so wouldnt suggest. im getting deal only in chevloret as its provide xchange 25000, loyalty 25000, cash discount 32000. plus accessories..
tried for honda brio smt but no deals going on cost me 5.3 so suggest me what to do
thank you.

AMG

Suspended
Well, Grand i10 Magna is a good deal. It will be well suited for your budget and get an decent aftermarket ICE or the one in your chevvy and you are good to go.

Swift LXi is good, but considering only city runs, Grand i10 gives you the luxury, comfort which swift lacks.

If you increase your budget a little bit, go for Sportz version, with this you have in-built ICE and it will leave you with no upgrades required and it will fulfill your other criteria, Entertainment.

The other car, which is suitable for you is, Celerio ZXi(O) @ 4.7L(ex-showroom) is a nice deal. Well, the interiors are decent, ride is good, and ICE is better than Grand i10.

Overall, you can have Celerio for - Mileage, Low maintanence, Peppy K10B Engine.
For Grand i10 - Premium interiors, a big feature list, rev-happy VTVT, and good looks.

Regarding A.S.S, both of them are having wide-spread, and cost wise Hyundai will be on little upper side. Now it all depends on you.

So according to you, Grand i10 is better than the swift on the highway?

So according to you, Grand i10 is better than the swift on the highway?
Dude, I clearly mentioned it is good for City ride. Highway performance, obviously Swift have upper hand.

how is hyundai i 10 sportz. can i take old model as now market captures by grand all over..is it a good car for commute purpose
Yes you can. But considering the comfort and space Grand offers, it will make more sense to go for it.

And regarding Celerio, yes it is 1L, but if you are not going to take it for open roads(since you have an accent), for city ride, this is more than enough and for the mileage it is giving, it is worth a shot. And yes, it is new, but pretty much discovered platform so nothing to worry. Last but not least, you will get ABS, Airbags with ZXi(O) trim, which is under your budget, which no other car will give.

One more option will be Ritz, if you can live with that rear looks.

Thread Starter #11
thanks bro... you are right about it maruti tag is what considered for celerio. n its a good point to have all safety feature in an all with tis budget. worth thinking. and yes if i have to go for hyundai brand its worth go for grand i10 magna model.. than i10 sportz. thank u

As Mr.Macsvin Suggested,I also recommend you the Chevrolet Beat-Powerful Pick-up in 1.2 Lit, 80 BHP, Automatic Climate Control, Loaded Car with Maximum City Driving Comfort & Features along with Low Turning Radius.And Also the New Beat looks Awesome ! Thank you
Just a small correction - New Beat model does not have Auto climate control. They have removed this feature since Aug 2013 [frustration]

thanks for replies.
chevy beat LT is overbugdet as it costs 581000. so i prefer spark LT instead of beat LS model.
now i didnt got any discount on grand petrol n getting less than lakh for my chevy..
so bit confused bout it..
about celerio dont know much about its performance with 1000 cc n its a new car so wouldnt suggest. im getting deal only in chevloret as its provide xchange 25000, loyalty 25000, cash discount 32000. plus accessories..
tried for honda brio smt but no deals going on cost me 5.3 so suggest me what to do
thank you.
Are you referring to Petrol or Diesel Beat? I had purcahsed last Year Beat LT Petrol at 4.85 on road & few months back one of my friend got it at 5.15. He didn't get any exchange bonus. I would suggest to recheck the final qutation after all discounts.
You can also check on my detailed review at below link
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/14472-my-white-beat-lt-petrol.html

@vick3186,
Since you're looking for small car, there are many choices but sadly, you won't get ABS & Airbags in these cars especially the lower versions.

There are number of choices, but here's my Top 5 pick

1. Honda Brio
2. Hyundai Grand i10
3. Maruti Swift
4. Maruti Celerio
5. Chevrolet Beat

Each of these cars offer distinct characteristics which make them unique. The Brio has the best engine of the lot, while Grand i10 has most features, Swift has best dynamics, Celerio is cheapest in price, Beat has Trendy Style. Since you're mainly going to use in city, I suggest you to consider Engine Response, Clutch Lightness, Progressive Steering, Short Turning Radius, Good Visibility all around.

Brio and Grand i10 tick these points easily. Celerio is a good car but that K10 engine feels strained as speed builds and when AC is switched on. Swift is again proven car, its larger then others and it is also slightly higher priced.

Another option you can consider is Ford Figo which is very cheap starting around Rs.3.xx lakhs. We have one in family which brother uses, its petrol top end and it hasn't troubled since 4 years. The only criticism is the low FE. He gets about 11 kmpl with AC.

Thread Starter #14
Thanks all for responding. if I will increase my budget to 50000. Which car would come in 5.5 lakhs on road. my choices would be maruti suzuki swift, hyundai grand i10, honda amaze, or any other cars. pls suggest me with some. thank you.

Top Bottom