Ritz ZXi or Swift VXi or Something Else?

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post/ thread on TAI and I need suggestions from everyone.

I have been driving a 2007 Esteem Vxi (87k kms) for the last years, which I enjoyed thoroughly. I sadly let go of the car last week and am currently using a 2008 Alto which was my previous car and currently given to my mom.

I had booked a Ritz Zxi on 10th September through company lease and was hoping I would get the car fast enough before the Durga Pujas at least. However the car is still not yet dispatched. My mom wants the Alto back since she being a journalist requires it time and again.

Based on the interactions with the dealer it seems it will be near/past Diwali till I get the car which is an issue for my daily commute to office specially since its still raining in Kolkata. I do have a wonderful landlord who have offered their 3.5 year, only 7k kms run Wagon R to me to use however I want to avoid that obligation and taking advantage of their nicety.

Now I am a really impatient guy when it comes to cars and at two minds to change the booking to a Swift Vxi which is exactly the same OTR of around 5.6L. Though my head says to wait for the Ritz (and I want to) however the ready availability of the Swift is pulling me towards it. Other cars like Gi10 Sportz and Honda Brio VMT is also readily available however no one other than the Ritz has safety features at this price. I cannot increase the amount since its 100% under company lease and thats the amount which has been approved by my payroll.

Please advice. My main criteria is highway performance and fun like I had in the esteem. No compromises on that.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Ritz Zxi or Swift Vxi or something else ?

What's the otr for brio vx mt ? Model above vmt. Have you asked honda for discounts ? Since your running will mostly be on highways i'll say go for the safety features like abs and airbags.

Vxmt is 5.20 lakhs and grand i10 abs plus airbags is 5.5 lakhs ex showroom which will be out of budget.

Either get the vxmt and add the extra amount from your side or try the ritz from some other showroom.

When you are more inclined towards Ritz, I would say don't compromise. Even if you could get another car with same / similar spec, in future your own heart / mind will blame you for not getting Ritz.

You are left with the below options,
1) Try getting Ritz from other showroom who could deliver ASAP (if possible)
2) Push the current dealer for speedy delivery and wait for it
2a) Use your land lords car as low as possible (when ever Alto is free, use it)
2b) Rent a cab (expensive comparing with own car, but will give you piece of mind)

PS: Never knew Ritz has such a long waiting period.

Altocumulus,

Did you test drive the Ritz ZXI ? If yes then no problem & ok for you -> Go ahead & stick with your decision.

I will say Swift ZXI but if it not possible Swift VXI also good when come to self driving and driving around or in & out Kolkata, but Highway run wider tyre & ABS must though.

Last edited:

I will say Swift ZXI but if it not possible Swift VXI also good when come to self driving and driving around or in & out Kolkata, but Highway run wider tyre & ABS must though.
@ Arijitb,then you already drove Swift? Pl share your driving experience.[clap]

I would very strongly recommend you to stick on to Ritz ZXI. The ZXI variant has ABS(with EBD), 2 Airbags, Music system, Rear washer and wiper, rear de-fogger,5 alloy wheels, keyless entry . Barring the keyless entry, these features are surely missing in Swift VXI. And I have come across complaints on poor brakes in lower variants of Swift on other forum. The wait maybe little longer, but definitely worth it.

Ritz is fun to drive .Road behavior and highway performance is also great for this vehicle.The ZXi variant is a good option and would suggest you stick to it. Little waiting period is nothing in comparison to making any knee jerk decision and repent later.

I would suggest RITZ ZXi as you get
same engine,
same built quality
ABS + EBD
Dual Airbag at almost the same price.
The space on rear seat in Ritz is inches or two more than SWIFT.
A little tall body in RITZ as compared to SWIFT.

What you miss is
the SWIFT tag,
15" alloys if you go with Swift ZXi,
lesser boot space.

@ Arijitb,then you already drove Swift? Pl share your driving experience.[clap]
My comment here in this thread may seems misleading in my previous post but I'm concrened about high mounting clutch pedal in all Ritz model and this is a big minus I found in Ritz during bumper to bumper crawling city (Kolkata) traffic. (As of now 1800km approx. drove in crawling city traffic on my Ritz V trim)

Where ofcourse Swift I have to mange with big bonnet, muscle bumper comparing Ritz & yes I drove a swift very brief period of moment (I know thats not proved anything) in my congested loaclity where I live but didn't find as high mounting clutch comparing Ritz and I can drive the Swift by any foot wear , but in Ritz I forcefully need to wear Black Boot to cope up with it's high mounting clutch leaver no matter what the ocession or where I'm going. (And yes the reason I'm giving is looks funny and stupid but believe me it's bit irritating when need to do it again & again)

To the thread owner - Go Ritz ZXI (if you already test drive it) you can't get ABS + EBD and Airbags anyway later (and it is a huge Safety concern ) if you choose between Swift VXI.

N.B: - Please note this my experinced and it may not be applicable for others.

Last edited:

I'm concrened about high mounting clutch pedal in all Ritz model and this is a big minus I found in Ritz during bumper to bumper crawling city (Kolkata) traffic. (As of now 1800km approx. drove in crawling city traffic on my Ritz V trim)

Where ofcourse Swift I have to mange with big bonnet, muscle bumper comparing Ritz & yes I drove a swift very brief period of moment (I know thats not proved anything) in my congested loaclity where I live but didn't find as high mounting clutch comparing Ritz and I can drive the Swift by any foot wear , but in Ritz I forcefully need to wear Black Boot to cope up with it's high mounting clutch leaver
It is true Ritz's clutch pedal is high, at least compared to WagonR.I thought all 4 cylinder cars have this feature.But from you, I learn it is not true. But I can't understand why you need to wear Black Boot only? What is the specialty of this colour?[:)] I use thick heel shoes and chappals,so that resting of foot on heel can be easier.

Thread Starter #12

What's the otr for brio vx mt ? Model above vmt. Have you asked honda for discounts ? Since your running will mostly be on highways i'll say go for the safety features like abs and airbags.

Vxmt is 5.20 lakhs and grand i10 abs plus airbags is 5.5 lakhs ex showroom which will be out of budget.

Either get the vxmt and add the extra amount from your side or try the ritz from some other showroom.
Brio Vx MT and Grand i10 Asta (O) is out of budget. The reason I was considering them was
1. I personally like the Brio and the features in Gi10 Sportz
2. If I am going for a car without safety features, I might as well have more features in the same or lesser price bracket.

When you are more inclined towards Ritz, I would say don't compromise. Even if you could get another car with same / similar spec, in future your own heart / mind will blame you for not getting Ritz.

You are left with the below options,
1) Try getting Ritz from other showroom who could deliver ASAP (if possible)
2) Push the current dealer for speedy delivery and wait for it
2a) Use your land lords car as low as possible (when ever Alto is free, use it)
2b) Rent a cab (expensive comparing with own car, but will give you piece of mind)

PS: Never knew Ritz has such a long waiting period.
Called each and every dealer in Kolkata. None of them have the colors I want viz. White, Breeze Blue and Silver in order of preference. Bhandari Motors do have white but in their go-down in Kharagpur which is a good 250 kms from Kolkata. They said they can drive the car down if I want, but I was a strict no.

Can't use the Alto because I stay in one side of Kolkata and mom diagonally opposite around 25 kms away.

I would very strongly recommend you to stick on to Ritz ZXI. The ZXI variant has ABS(with EBD), 2 Airbags, Music system, Rear washer and wiper, rear de-fogger,5 alloy wheels, keyless entry . Barring the keyless entry, these features are surely missing in Swift VXI. And I have come across complaints on poor brakes in lower variants of Swift on other forum. The wait maybe little longer, but definitely worth it.
Ritz is fun to drive .Road behavior and highway performance is also great for this vehicle.The ZXi variant is a good option and would suggest you stick to it. Little waiting period is nothing in comparison to making any knee jerk decision and repent later.
I would suggest RITZ ZXi as you get
same engine,
same built quality
ABS + EBD
Dual Airbag at almost the same price.
The space on rear seat in Ritz is inches or two more than SWIFT.
A little tall body in RITZ as compared to SWIFT.

What you miss is
the SWIFT tag,
15" alloys if you go with Swift ZXi,
lesser boot space.
Ritz ZXi is the one to go for out of the two. Full stop.
Being patient seems to be the only logical solution.

My comment here in this thread may seems misleading in my previous post but I'm concrened about high mounting clutch pedal in all Ritz model and this is a big minus I found in Ritz during bumper to bumper crawling city (Kolkata) traffic. (As of now 1800km approx. drove in crawling city traffic on my Ritz V trim)

To the thread owner - Go Ritz ZXI (if you already test drive it) you can't get ABS + EBD and Airbags anyway later (and it is a huge Safety concern ) if you choose between Swift VXI.

N.B: - Please note this my experienced and it may not be applicable for others.
Thanks for the heads up. I have taken a test drive and I can relate to what you are saying. There are quite a few forums where others have mentioned it as well. Its not only high mounted but comparatively harder as well. However there are many people who bought the Z trims have been able to sort that by adjusting the seat height supposedly. So lets see if the same works for me. The safety features are one of the main reasons I am going for the Ritz, apart from performance, ground clearance and supposedly it has arguably the best build quality amongst all Marutis since it was co-created with Opel and sold as Opel Agila in European markets. My highway runs will include Kolkata-Siliguri-Kolkata every six months and then sprinkled with trips to Dooars, Darjeeling or Sikkim from there every time so the need for safety features.

Thanks everyone for the inputs. You all just helped me reiterate my decision of going for the Ritz.

Last edited:

Brio Vx MT and Grand i10 Asta (O) is out of budget. The reason I was considering them was
1. I personally like the Brio and the features in Gi10 Sportz
2. If I am going for a car without safety features, I might as well have more features in the same or lesser price bracket.
Thanks for the heads up. I have taken a test drive and I can relate to what you are saying. There are quite a few forums where others have mentioned it as well. Its not only high mounted but comparatively harder as well. However there are many people who bought the Z trims have been able to sort that by adjusting the seat height supposedly. So lets see if the same works for me. The safety features are one of the main reasons I am going for the Ritz, apart from performance, ground clearance and supposedly it has arguably the best build quality amongst all Marutis since it was co-created with Opel and sold as Opel Agila in European markets. My highway runs will include Kolkata-Siliguri-Kolkata every six months and then sprinkled with trips to Dooars, Darjeeling or Sikkim from there every time so the need for safety features.

Thanks everyone for the inputs. You all just helped me reiterate my decision of going for the Ritz.
I agree on your points above, but just reminding you that Ritz is the only tall boy design, in the cars you considered and it is not designed for highway usuage. But in other way this design could give you more space inside compared to others.

I had driven Ritz LDI & ZDI, more than clutch, it is the A piller made me difficulties in turnings.

but just reminding you that Ritz is the only tall boy design, in the cars you considered and it is not designed for highway usuage.
A piller made me difficulties in turnings.
@Releesh,would you please discuss what are the difficulties in driving Ritz on highway? I never drove it in highway,though had a plan to do. A-pillar do poses some problem in sharp bends but do you think that is alarming on highways?[confused]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
If in case the decision is yet to be made, I would give my vote to Swift Vxi. Reasons that go in it's favor are:

1) Compared to Ritz, Swift is bigger in dimensions.

2) The road grip of Ritz is a issue on speeds above 80kmph where as Swift holds on well on roads.

3) The cabin is more spacious than Ritz.

4) The most modification friendly hatchback.

5) Face lift to be launched soon.

Some negative points of Swift

1) Ingress and Egress are a issue with Swift.

2) Boot space is compromised

Coming to the Ritz

Points that are positive

1) Tall boy design, so ingress and Egress is not a issue.

2) Takes less space than a Swift.

3) Decent Cabin space

Negative points

1) Banged hatch design

2) Obsolete design (No major face-lift like Swift)

3) Rear passenger seat lacks thigh support.

4) The protruding Tacho meter

5) Road Grip on highways is a issue.

I have driven in both of them on NH24 for a 550km round trip.

Best of luck!!

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom