Hatchback or Sedan? Budget Rs.7.5 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Hello Experts,

We had earlier planned to buy a second hand sedan link- but my dad was against it. After going with the majority and a month and a half of circus [lol]. We finally rather hopefully settled on Fiat Linea Classic(P).

We are planning to buy Fiat Linea Classic(P) within this or early next month. Getting a great deal as well, will disclose once bought.

I have few doubts which needs to cleared.

What mileage can i expect from a car of that size?

How good is the OE head unit with OE speakers?

Performance of the A/C.

As the petrol version only comes with black colored ORVM and door handles planning to buy the car in black color.

Planning to buy alloy wheels, SE guy told me that adding aftermarket alloys would affect lowerarms is it true?

Stock version comes with 14 inch wheels can it be upgraded to 16 inchers? Provided that new Linea comes with 16.

Re: Planning To Buy Fiat Linea Classic

Hello Experts,

We had earlier planned to buy a second hand sedan link- but my dad was against it. After going with the majority and a month and a half of circus [lol]. We finally rather hopefully settled on Fiat Linea Classic(P).

We are planning to buy Fiat Linea Classic(P) within this or early next month. Getting a great deal as well, will disclose once bought.

I have few doubts which needs to cleared.

What mileage can i expect from a car of that size?

How good is the OE head unit with OE speakers?

Performance of the A/C.

As the petrol version only comes with black colored ORVM and door handles planning to buy the car in black color.

Planning to buy alloy wheels, SE guy told me that adding aftermarket alloys would affect lowerarms is it true?

Stock version comes with 14 inch wheels can it be upgraded to 16 inchers? Provided that new Linea comes with 16.
Hi sunjay nagaraj,
if you have finalize the Fiat Linea Classic(P) then
1) it will give you 09-10 km/pl in city & 11-12 on the highways.

2) OE head unit with OE speakers has a mediocre sound quality. If you are a music enthusiastic you are not gonna satisfy with its output

3) You can do the body colored ORVM and door handles job at the dealer's level. Ask your SE for that and only for this reason you dont need to opt a Black colored car (IMO).

Linea Classic is a good car but in Petrol do not expect FE of anything more than 8-10 kmpl in Bangalore.

1) What mileage can i expect from a car of that size?
2) How good is the OE head unit with OE speakers?
3) Performance of the A/C.
4) As the petrol version only comes with black colored ORVM and door handles planning to buy the car in black color.
5) Planning to buy alloy wheels, SE guy told me that adding aftermarket alloys would affect lowerarms is it true?
6) Stock version comes with 14 inch wheels can it be upgraded to 16 inchers? Provided that new Linea comes with 16.
1) As said by other members, around 10kmpl in city driving, 12~14kmpl on highways depending on your driving pattern.
2) Below average performance I should say
3) Good (saying this with experience from my Linea MJD, not sure about the Classic version)
4) Not necessary. You can get them painted to body color. That shouldn't cost you much
5) Adding aftermarket alloys of OE spec (PCD, offset, width & dia) shouldn't affect
6) Yes, compromising a bit of ride characteristics

I would suggest to go for Linea 2014 rather than Classic variant. Now what the new Linea offers is modified suspension quality for comfort ride and lesser body roll, the finely tuned TJET petrol engine and the improved aesthetics.

Mileage consistency has been improved in Linea 2014 as you go with TJET and not the FIRE engine.

If you planning to buy Linea 2014 Emotion will come with 16" alloys. As per I know lower arms may not be designed separately for lower and higher variant. So you can go with 16" upgrade, but warranty may void.

@sn, why you want to disclose the very good deal after you buy the car? I t is no secret, Fiat is known for heavy discounts for the car manufactured for more than 6 months ago.

Thread Starter #8

@sn, why you want to disclose the very good deal after you buy the car? I t is no secret, Fiat is known for heavy discounts for the car manufactured for more than 6 months ago.
@Tornado, the dealer offered me 45K cash discount, free 0dep Insurance, 6k corporate discount, OEM audio unit, 4-5 yr extended warranty . I dint meant to hide anything, but i once had disclosed the offer and the whole deal was called off. And i do not know about 6 months thing.

Hi sunjay nagaraj,
if you have finalize the Fiat Linea Classic(P) then
1) it will give you 09-10 km/pl in city & 11-12 on the highways.

2) OE head unit with OE speakers has a mediocre sound quality. If you are a music enthusiastic you are not gonna satisfy with its output

3) You can do the body colored ORVM and door handles job at the dealer's level. Ask your SE for that and only for this reason you dont need to opt a Black colored car (IMO).
1) As said by other members, around 10kmpl in city driving, 12~14kmpl on highways depending on your driving pattern.
2) Below average performance I should say
3) Good (saying this with experience from my Linea MJD, not sure about the Classic version)
4) Not necessary. You can get them painted to body color. That shouldn't cost you much
5) Adding aftermarket alloys of OE spec (PCD, offset, width & dia) shouldn't affect
6) Yes, compromising a bit of ride characteristics
Linea Classic is a good car but in Petrol do not expect FE of anything more than 8-10 kmpl in Bangalore.
I would suggest to go for Linea 2014 rather than Classic variant. Now what the new Linea offers is modified suspension quality for comfort ride and lesser body roll, the finely tuned TJET petrol engine and the improved aesthetics.

Mileage consistency has been improved in Linea 2014 as you go with TJET and not the FIRE engine.

If you planning to buy Linea 2014 Emotion will come with 16" alloys. As per I know lower arms may not be designed separately for lower and higher variant. So you can go with 16" upgrade, but warranty may void.
Good choice, If budget permits.

If the spec remains same, there shouldn't be any issues with warranty.
Thanks for your valuable feedback.

I think we might have to drop the planning to buy Linea. As according to a friend who works in fiat. Linea is being archived and there is whole new segment ready to get in about mid 2015. What should we expect from an archived car with regards to the ASS considering the fact that this company is no maruti or tata and has limited dealerships 3 to be very precise, the closest one being about 40km from my place and all dealers who could not arrange a petrol TD vehicle.

I am opening up a new request now, we have a budget of 7.5 Lakhs max and ready to buy an hatchback as well but the vehicle has to be top-end variant. What would you guys suggest me.

Thread Starter #9

Dear Moderator,
Please Change the thread name to "Hatchback or Sedan Budget 7.5Lakhs".
Thanks in advance
Sanjay Nagaraj

AMG

Suspended

I am opening up a new request now, we have a budget of 7.5 Lakhs max and ready to buy an hatchback as well but the vehicle has to be top-end variant. What would you guys suggest me.
Fuel type?
Monthly running?
Preferred manufacturers?
Usage? (city/highway etc)
Any other? (loads of features, good build qualtity etc etc)

If you are looking for compact sedans there are few choices between Maruti's Dzire, Hyundai's Xcent, honda's Amaze and tata's Zest.
So test drive all the four cars and see which one suits your needs better.

Top Bottom