For your budget (5-6 OTR) I would also ask you check out few more options!
Ritz , New Wagon R, Beat & Figo
Your queries answered
Originally Posted by aks_hyd
• Which Hatchback will be the best suited to my requirements above ? No Hatchback is best, One Car's + will be other Car's - You can opt for i10, i20, Wagon R or Figo
• How much driver seat height adjustment is usable ? Its just by few cms, not much useful in hatch backs. May be it is helpful in low lying sedans.
• Not sure of whether I need safety features like ABS
, Air Bags , Immobiliser etc. Its pretty important, but for this budget, getting everything is tough.
• Fuel Choice: Petrol or Diesel ????? With the rates souring high every month, I would say Diesel. But still its your first car, Petrol will give you trouble & hassle free ownership.
My few cents on all above cars. Hyundai i10
- Best Economy Hatch & why not try for Asta variant which includes all safety features which you asked for ? Best FE of the segment (Haven't included Alto KB10) Hyundai i20
- You can opt for Magna / SPortz variant which is in your budget. Premium seller & worth every penny! VW Polo
- Best built hatch. Maintence & service on higher side. Nissan Micra
- New entrant & have to wait for some more time to check out the service & maintanence sector. Maruti Ritz
- Booking period is higher & not really worth waiting [This doesn't mean that Ritz is a bad car. According to me, Cars should be decided & bought within a week. May be I can wait for Lambo or Maybach!] Maruti Wagon R
- If you can get the car delivered with in a Month's time, this is worth the buy. Chevy Beat
- Beat is a great car, BUt just the brand GM doesn't make a great impression in India Ford Figo
- This car is making history in India, grab one if you can :-)
My final verdict would be out of these three
Hyundai i10, Hyundai i20 & Ford Figo.
Which ever suits your budget & style, you can go for it & you will not regret for it !!