Best German in class

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
I am looking out to buy our first luxury car[clap],
I have short listed
  • Mercedes Benz E250 CDI
  • BMW 5-Series 520d Moden Line
  • Audi A6 TFSI Technology Pack
I Am very Confused, I want to buy a car till Diwali and its not like I buy a car and its all over.
The Basics are that the car should have atleast these things
  1. Occupy 5 Passengers in confront
  2. Easy to maintain
  3. Should have good overall service
  4. Better resale Value
  5. Loaded with features
  6. Look good in white and only white( as my dad prefers it)
  7. additions accessories should not be over pricied
  8. the ride quality should be suitable for indian road
Please Help me in this..

All these can seat 5 in comfort as well as carry decent feature set but its all boils down to only one thing for me : whether it should be a self driven / chauffeur driven. If it is self driven then its obvious that 520 is the choice if it is going to be chauffeur driven then its E250. If ride quality is your primary criteria then go ahead and book E250 not only it scores high in ride quality but also its the only new gen vehicle compared to others where others are due for the new one and also the current 5 is just a facelifted one.

AMG

Suspended
And if you want a compromise between the two, its the Audi a6 with your eyes closed.

How can you even say no to a quattro.

I cannot claim to afford any of them but I can give you some experiences. A customer asked me to try out his 3 month old E class. The ride was comparable to a Tata Sumo. When Mercedes was questioned about this they advised him to purchase a new set of rims and tyres with a different profile obviously at his cost and their profit. Mercedes has also carried out a questionable drive using all possible tactics which they would never dare to do in their own country to stop others from servicing Mercedes cars. Luckily the authorities have woken up and are taking countermeasures to ensure a level playing field. BMW I believe has advised certain car owners not to use their cars when there's heavy rainfall if the water level rises more than a few inches.

Thread Starter #8
I think i am more confused after reading all of you guys comments. and somewhat thinking of taking back my decision...[confused]

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you consider the Jaguar XF and a Volvo in the range too? Is brand image important? Volvo's can give these cars a run for their money when it comes to ride comfort and safety! Do you plan to self drive the car or chauffeur driven? The Vehicle depends very much whether it is going to self driven or chauffeur driven.

if i would be in your situation i would prefer to go with Merc bcoz it covers all ur points very well and is the newest in segment i:e i guess next facelift is too far as compared to bmw 520d and audi a6

Last edited:
While I also put in a huge disclaimer of not being in the league of affording these cars, purely as an enthusiast and some international experience:
1) The Merc is likely to have the better engine/transmission reliability of the lot.
2) The BMW would have the better ride quality
3) The Audi carries a lot of bling value- but has been reported to have reliability issues in India. Check out the sorrows of owners in various forums/threads.
As suggested by people, you can look at other options as well.

Thread Starter #13
Why don't you consider the Jaguar XF and a Volvo in the range too? Is brand image important? Volvo's can give these cars a run for their money when it comes to ride comfort and safety! Do you plan to self drive the car or chauffeur driven? The Vehicle depends very much whether it is going to self driven or chauffeur driven.
i feel that the jaguar xf has now been in the market for too long and is getting pretty old now. and as far as Volvo is concerned in terms of styling they are way behind the lot..

Top Bottom