So Much Confusion: Ford Fiesta or Honda City or Fiat Linea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
hi first of all i am new here..so please bear in mind some mistakes be me. [:D]

ok i am a government medical officer.

daily driving almost 30km..and if i have emergancy in night then 30 plus on that single trip..but that happen only 10 or 12 days average.

two meeting every month almost 150km each and every 15 days go to ahmedabad 150km.

so my monthly traveling is 1000 to 1200km.

i have test driven following car(i am almost 6 feet tall with wify and no childern)

1..xuv 500

like:

solid built quality

great engine

feel like king of the road

dislike:not suited for my profession and city drivability is poor for me.

2.renault duster.

like: very good handling in city plus powerful engine.

will be suited for my profession too

great ground clearance.

dislike: felt like compact sedan hardly bear 5 person.

cheap interior

3. ford fiesta

like: one word brilliant in every aspect

very enthusiastic car and great mileage 25kpl

dislike: A.S.S and i haven't seen a single ford fiesta in ahmedabad, gujarat???? strange.

need some long term owenership review and maintance cost.

4.fiat linea multi jet

like: great car same as fiesta but not more spacious then ford

dislike: low end torque,pain to drive in city

low average

A.S.S

now i have almost made up my mind for ford but then i suddenly realised that i haven't TD both city and verna fluidic and last but not least swift dzire

i have accent and is running on cng and i felt its kinda limiting my driving experience.

so i am very much confused now.

please advise me.

decision must be made in 10 days

budget 12 lacs can stretch up to 1 lac.

car must be future proof and will keep it for next 7 to 8 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

AMG

Suspended
Re: so much confusion..which car ford fiesta vs city vs linea?

Maruti Ciaz is the car for you.

Yours is a profession that will surely blend well with a status(or class) car. In this segment, the Honda City enjoys distinct status and fan-following. It is also a brilliant package in terms of space, design, looks etc. Other than it, I will recommend the Renault Duster to you if you are okay with less features but then it offers superb ride quality this side of 50 lakhs. Or, if your heart is set on the Fiesta, go for it eyes closed! The reason you have not spotted any so far is because Ford had killed the pre-facelift version with the pricing and when the new facelifted version was launched it was launched when the City was selling like hot cake. Moreover, it only comes in a deisel engine option.

I would suggest you to go with City diesel. But if you are okay with hatchback, then Elite i20 is a nice premium hatch. Just TD both and check for yourself. If you insist on sedan, it is City.

Sirji, why don't you consider the Tata Zest? It's a fantastic compact sedan and better than the Dzire. I have driven it.
Also if you are considering the Verna, why not the VW Vento or Skoda Rapid?
2014 City is too flimsy and has lots of cost cuttings and lack of quality.
Verna has good equipment list and interior quality, but rear seats not so comfortable and ride/handling is just average.

Thread Starter #7
no hatch back..sorry.
tata i out of my flavour idk but it just doesnt appeal me too much..
i have now found one skoda octavia 2008 model 62k odo and quating 4 lac..
i have had thoroughly inspected it by my trusted mechanics and he said its well and good car..
what should i do?
saving money right now and then after 3 or 4 years look for new premium???
as my yearly run is not more then 12k km this skoda deal looks like dealbreaker...

welcome to TAI.

You may go with Honda City which will best to you. Look for different Honda City 2014 Ownership Review. Have a look on my Honda City Ownership review.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/17969-vasantha-ashtra-honda-city-i-dtec-2014-golden-brown.html

I took the test drive of Ford Fiesta. And compared against my Honda City.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/official-road-tests/17735-ford-fiesta-2014-review-test-drive-pictures-13.html#post401547

You may also consider new Volkswagen Vento
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/18172-volkswagen-vento-konekt-limited-edition.html

Another good Competitor is Fiat Linea.

I hope Verna will have face-lift soon. So I Ignored.

Have a look of this thread also.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-shopper/17542-fiat-linea-volkswagen-vento-honda-city.html

1000 km per month doesnt warrant diesel. Test drive the Linea TJet petrol. You will be zapped.
Absolutely rock solid performance..sustains 3-digit speeds in a brilliant manner.

Thread Starter #10
1000 km per month doesnt warrant diesel. Test drive the Linea TJet petrol. You will be zapped.
Absolutely rock solid performance..sustains 3-digit speeds in a brilliant manner.
but then diffference will be 1400rs per month if we calculate them and more interest for exta diesel car cost approx 1 lac..
btw..t jet introduced in 2013 or 14?
can i get discount on t jet???as they have quoted my 2010 model accent for 2.20 lac without 30k exchange offer which is only available for multijet.....

after all deduction t jet emotion costing me 7.82 lac and multijet dynamic costing me 7 lac

TJet over MJD- all disc brakes, 205 R16 wheels (fatter tyres), better acceleration.
MJD over TJEt- better fuel efficiency, more resale value
Both have equal high speed (80kph plus) dynamics.

Thread Starter #13
guys i have sidelined skoda octavia..
but now i want to ask a question..
my back is aching while driving my accent for almost 1 hour..
is this normal?not happend before but recently
becoming tiring on long drive...
so is there any car that is tireless for atleast 2 hour long drive??moslty in highway and 30%in city?
or am i asking too much from a car?
also how about used honda civic AT 1.8??GOOD OR BAD?
also i want to consider automatic sedan (hatchback)with some good mileage 15kmpl atleast....

Last edited:
Surely your hand are itching to handle a new car .But let me tell you automatic transmission are prone to fail at about at 60 to 80k kms and there is no different story with civic .
I think you should test drive zest once being a new car in the segment with both variants but for the brand tata i am also equally reluctant like you.

Thread Starter #15
zest..hmmmm..i will try it..
but what about a car give me tireless long drive experience..?/
any list?
is it wise to wait for duster facelift about in 5 months?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom