Buying Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) Over Elite i20?

Thread Starter #1
HI how are you all, well i have a question and want to thank you all in advance. So i am not an experienced driver and i was planning to buy Grand i10 Asta (o), but then i saw Hyundai's i20 elite which was just 50k more with same safety features, so my question is why a person will buy grand i10 asta (o) when with adding 50k more he can get i20 elite?

Last edited:
Grand i10 Asta(O) MT - 5.47L ex-showroom
Elite i20 Asta MT - 6.47L ex-showroom

The price difference of top end petrol MT version is 1L(source:carwale) and i20 is a "premium hatch", whereas G-i10 is just "hatchback". Some features are carried over from i10 to E-i20, but the price difference of 1L means, it is intended for different category.

Also, E-i20 backseat comfort is a lot better among the two.

And FYI, Hyundai eliminated 6 air-bags and rear disks in E-i20 so there is no Asta(O) trim. So, if you can pay for this difference, then E-i20 is not a bad buy. But if you are strict on budget, G-i10 makes sense.

Thread Starter #3
I was talking about the difference between Elite i20 Sports Cost 675000 Rs on Road and Grand i10 Asta(o) cost on road 622000 Rs. ABS and Airbag is present in both with EBD as added advantage in Elite i20.Hyundai should maintain a reasonable difference in price or features otherwise their Grand i10 Asta (o) will be very difficult to sell

350Z

Core Team
I was talking about the difference between Elite i20 Sports Cost 675000 Rs on Road and Grand i10 Asta(o) cost on road 622000 Rs. ABS and Airbag is present in both with EBD as added advantage in Elite i20.Hyundai should maintain a reasonable difference in price or features otherwise their Grand i10 Asta (o) will be very difficult to sell
I don't think it has as serious threat of cannibalization as Maruti Suzuki cars which have price difference of merely a few grands. 50K difference is substantial enough for a new car buyer having limited budget. However, if your budget permits then there's no question why Elite i20 should not be considered. But remember that Elite i20 Sportz (O) has only one airbag compared to two on Grand i10 Asta (O). Though there various other useful features in i20 including reverse parking camera, auto climate control etc. Following are the links to our official reviews on both. Hope it helps.

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...dai-elite-i20-review-test-drive-pictures.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...nd-i10-diesel-review-test-drive-pictures.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Except for someone who has to have an automatic or just the cheapest Hyundai hatchback (but not the Eon), it makes no sense to buy the Grand i10 over the Elite i20. I don’t think Hyundai would mind it very much if most customers who are shopping in the Grand i10 price range end up buying the Elite i20 instead.

Top Bottom