Used XUV 500 AWD or Used Fortuner 4x4

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Need an honest and urgent suggestion on buying
a used XUV 500 AWD (1700 kms and 2014 model) @ around 13L or
Used Fortuner 4x4 (2009-2010) @ 14L

Hi guys needs your advice on the above mentioned cars,
XUV is in mint condition and is as good as new and T fort is used around 70K and also in decent condition.
XUV will give me full 5 years 1.5L warranty and there is no warranty on T fort.

Usage: Leh and Spiti valley trips coming in next 6 months and occassional weekend trips otherwise daily Delhi Gurgaon travel and once in week site visits with clients in Gurgaon or Noida or Neemrana Bhiwadi area.

Note: How do you transfer a car from one state to another like from Noida (UP 16 to Delhi) and what amount of tax implications are there. At present Noida has 8% tax and Delhi has 12.5% tax. Kindly help

Thanks a lot in advance.

The XUV deal seems awesome. Just go for it. It is just as new. I saw 2012-2013 models going for 13L in Delhi so this is an awesome price. Just go for it. No matter how much of a manly SUV the fortuner is, the XUV is the fresher one (2014 model), done lesser kms and I guess a little more comfortable than the Fortuner (do not want to start debates)

Two different horses with different attitude to talk about. As archit said xuv 500 is like brand new with warranty on hand so go for it without doubt.

Hi All,

Need an honest and urgent suggestion on buying
a used XUV 500 AWD (1700 kms and 2014 model) @ around 13L or
Used Fortuner 4x4 (2009-2010) @ 14L
My choice is clear - XUV 500 AWD

* 2014 model, so almost all warranty years are pending
* 2014 model is almost niggle free as compared to earlier years model. XUV is improving every year.
* much more safety features & electronics & comfort features
* Mahindra maintenance is cheaper
* FE better with XUV500 (can confirm with owner)

However more depends on
* car look preference (TF had butch while XUV500 had aggressive front appearance)
* color & interior likings of yours is satisfied in which car
* how much serious off roading is gonna be done by you (TF is serious off roader)
* how many seats capacity is required ( TF 3rd row is little better and adjustable due to sliding 2nd row seats in TF)
* side step to enter car is must for TF while optional in XUV500
* boot capacity required with 6-7-8 seats occupied (TF had better boot capacity)
* prefer absolute niggle free reliable car with minimal features (TF) or feature rich/richer/richest car & like to enjoy all futuristic features / comfort / safety with few more visits to ASS (XUV500)

In short, first define your primary & secondary requirements, take multiple TD one after another - along with evaluating all advises & comments given here - take final decision. Except almost similar prices, both cars belong to different class & taste.

Last edited:
I agree with all, this is chalk and cheese dilemma! Very different characters!

Personally i wouldn't worry about warranty in a T-Fort unless the owner has been very very abusive and there is no service history. The T-Fort needs no warranty and if maintained well 70k is not a big deal.

you might want to ask yourself a few questions :-

1) From a longer term ownership does FE matter to you ?

2) Do you prefer a dynamic or sporty drive - aka driving pleasure or do you prefer a locomotive which can off-road as well ?

3) How much would you really offroad, would this be minor skirmishes or regular medium affair ?

Hi Tornado. XUV 500 is a better option as its new but also find out the reason for sale. I mean it's just 1600km. check the last service report if there is any accident history.
Well personally I like fortuner when compared to XUV but it also depends on the age of the vehicle. A new vehicle always has a different charm. So get to know the exact details and go for the best option.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks a lot guys
Sorry for late reply, thanks a lot for your honest suggestions, I chose xuv awd due to the positive mentioned above but there is an issue now as noida authority has stopped registration on the basis of rent agreement and hence my pre approved loan is not sanctioned due to issues in HP.
So iam just waiting for it get resolved or else I hv to look for delhi number vehicle.

The reason for selling is that the owner has been shifted to dubai.
Thanks guys

Thread Starter #8
Dear All,

Now iam in no confusion as the XUV AWD is gone due to the Noida Authority Glitch and also iam in no mood to get a car outside Delhi number, so here are my options:

1.) Used 2009 Silver Fortuner (65K run) 1st owner (from Toyota U trust) at around 13.7L
2.) Used 2010 White Fortuner (56K run) 2 nd owner (mint condition) at around 13.5L

Which one is a sensible buy, 2010 white colour looks as good as new, whereas 2009 silver looks a bit dated and driver seat is also wear out.

Guys help, what are the things to look into while buying second hand car, is there is any checklist?

Thread Starter #10
HI All

Thanks a lot everyone, as i told you all that XUV is out of contest so i have taken the delivery of used 99000 kms done fortuner 2010 model yesterday.

Small shuddering and minor seat beautification work is still pending.
will start a new thread on it soon

Top Bottom