Guide Me To Buy a New Car: Xcent or Amaze?

Thread Starter #1
Hello Experts,

I have Igen I20 Sportz Automatic and planning to exchange either Xcent or Amaze.
Which one I can choose. I am planning to go for only Automatic.
Which one give the similar comfort as I20.

Thanks in advance.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Guide me to buy a new card Xcent or Amaze

whats's your budget ? since both cars have 2 models each in automatic.

Amaze S AT (6.7 ex delhi )
Amaze VX AT(7.5 ex delhi )

Xcent S AT(6.3 ex delhi)
Xcent SX(0) AT(7.2 ex delhi)

positives for xcent-
*Better interior.
*tad more features.

positives for amaze
* 5 speed automatic gearbox.
*Heat Absorbing front windshield.

you may try a new car with a better gearbox but not so great interior or you can go on with hyundai and select xcent , the steering and suspension is better than the i20.

take a TD and make a decision. for feature comparison check images below.

hondacarindia.com amaze eBrochure.pdf.png

www.hyundai.com wcm upload_wwn IN ebrochure 2014_Xcent_ebrochure_1401963894065.pdf.png

Last edited:
Hi anrasg,
why don't you look for Tata Zest AMT, if you are ready for diesel car. I personally think Zest is better than Amaze & Accent in terms of look and features.

Why dont you try Tata Zest AMT diesel?

They have better milage with diesel engine and good interiers too.

Plesae dont tell me " I dont like Tata" or "TATA ASS is Bad'[;)]

Take a TD and post the experiance here.

Edit- Sorry I didnt see Mukesh's post on Zest before posting.

Last edited:
If your requirement is strict petrol AMT, I would suggest this.
1. Xcent/Grand i10 - Better NVH levels and refinement, VFM package
2. Amaze/Brio

But if nothing like that, Tata Zest Diesel AMT is a good choice, considering that FE for diesel will always be higher than petrol versions, and priced less, makes it an VFM Diesel AT at an very affordable price, and fits exactly for your budget(assumption)...

Last edited:
Since you are looking at Automatic, if you want Diesel AT then Zest FTronic AMT is the best bet. However if you're looking for petrol, then Amaze/Brio or Xcent/Grand i10 are next options. The former have better Gearbox and Engine while the latter have more equipment and are slightly cheaper. Grand i10 Automatic doesn't get ABS, Airbags while rest have it. I have driven both the Xcent and Amaze AT recently, Both cars initial pick up is good but as the speed increases, the 1.2 Kappa begins to feel strained. In day to day basis it might not be a deal breaker, but what will be is the FE of that Engine. It's the same engine as in you're i20. Low FE is the most negative thing of that engine especially in Automatic version. So I would pick Amaze/Brio AT if Petrol and Zest AT if Diesel.

I have Igen I20 Sportz Automatic and planning to exchange either Xcent or Amaze.
Which one I can choose. I am planning to go for only Automatic.
Which one give the similar comfort as I20.
Since you are currently driving an i20, Amaze may disappoint you every time you drive one in terms of interiors, NVH, over all fineness etc. How ever it is a good car to drive.

Again Xcent would not satisfy you as an upgrade from i20 in terms of fit and finish and comfort.
Xcent is more of an upgrade for i10.
However it is a good car for a daily city use.

Do check the new Tata Zest.
In terms of comfort, it will be the best amoung the lot.

Last edited:
Since you are currently driving an i20, Amaze may disappoint you every time you drive one in terms of interiors, NVH, over all fineness etc. How ever it is a good car to drive.
He is looking at Automatic Transmission car. I suggested him Amaze and now I am shocked that you are saying that its NVH levels are bad. Have you ever driven a petrol car from Honda. If you haven't TD one soon. After that you'll take you're words back. Honda Petrol Engines are never known for poor NVH, Diesel however is noisy due to Aluminium Block. I am really surprised by your comments regarding Amaze (Specifically Petrol).

He is looking at Automatic Transmission car. I suggested him Amaze and now I am shocked that you are saying that its NVH levels are bad. Have you ever driven a petrol car from Honda. If you haven't TD one soon. After that you'll take you're words back. Honda Petrol Engines are never known for poor NVH, Diesel however is noisy due to Aluminium Block. I am really surprised by your comments regarding Amaze (Specifically Petrol).
This comment above is not in good spirit.
We are not playing politics here to attack somebody by pick and choose of a particular word from the post and then make it look bad with out of contest interpretation.
Honda petrol engines are refined and NVH of petrol Hondas are good. I have not mentioned anywhere NVH is bad.
Reply was only to the first post where a person is upgrading or changing from i20 and there is no doubt that a person used to i20 will find Amaze disappointing. Same is the case with Xcent. Also it is written in my post that both are good cars to drive. My comment about these two cars was based only on the original poster's experience with i20 and he was asking about these two cars. There was no mention of petrol or diesel in his requirement. Suggested him to check Zest because he mentioned about comfort.
Not checked posts from others while replying to the original poster and what you suggested to him is not a concern in my post.
Do not want to engage into any further argument on this.

Last edited:
A question to the OP.
Is budget a big constraint ?
I dont believe either Xcent or Amaze provide you any significant space capabilities over i20 other than a boot. Here too, its just 400 ltrs over 280 lt. Probably you should go for a C2 sedan instead of a compact one. Trust me, you will start feeling bored with these cars in just 1 year. Because they are virtually identical to your I20 in terms of interior space , ride and performance.

In fact, you should really see whether large boot space is a priority or not. If it is, then compact sedan is NOT the answer. You need to go to C2 where you get much more boot space, more interior space, better ride , handling and a more satisfying ownership experience. Only thing is, there are limited choices in AT. There are options like the Vento TSI, City CVT or even Verna AT.

Thread Starter #11
Hello Experts,

Thank you very much for all your suggestions.
Now I dropped to go for Xcent or Amaze.
Planning to go for Ecosport Automatic. But the waiting period is around 2 to 3 months.
And even I need to give 2 colour choice.

Top Bottom