> Your Location: New Delhi,India

> Top Five Priorities: Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Luggage Space

> Monthly Running: 800-1000 kms

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: Regular Use

> Seating Capacity: 5 Adults

Plz Help

You have lots of options in this range.
Maruti swift/dzire - market leader. Other than driving pleasure, design and low mantainence it does not have much into it. I personally am convinced maruti cars do not have structural rigidity hence not that safe. Comfort wise also marutis are clautrophobic. remember brakes are an issue for non Zxi versions

Hyundai has 4 products in this range and all 4 are awesome. Grand i10 / i20/xcent and recently launched elite i20. Only warning is no feedback steering. But test drive it and see if this suits you. Hyundai's check all 5 boxes of safety, comfort, mantainence (a bit higher than maruti though), design and luggage space

Fiat Punto evo - 90hp (Emotion 1.4l) - brand new in market and fiat are the safest cars on road. And they are working hard to improve their brand image. mantainence wise per visit may be expensive but duration of servicing is 15k kms whereas other brands needs to be done in 10000 kms

Polo - also facelifted recently. But not a great fan personally because of high mantainence cost, claustrophobic back seat and scary service stories. safety wise and driving pleasure wise though one of the best

Micra - Fun to drive, zippy and responsive engine, but i felt it very basic when compared to hyundai / fiat. Your call. You may try.

Liva - Toyota brand, and quick due to light weight. But it feels cheap and cost cutting is evident. Feels tin/ plastic like structural rigidity.

Honda Brio may not be apt for 5 passengers and non existent storage space. If you can wait jazz launch is around the corner. May be in 6 months time. Amaze is another great product. Hondas are fun to drive and almost tick all boxes for you. Though again personally i have doubts on structural rigidity of amaze.

Ford Figo petrol may not be a good suggestion for you, but you may see fiesta classic (though it is on its end of journey)

TATA Zest is a great product and gathering lot of attention since its recent launch. they claim 3 mode petrol engine as well. So if you may you can try putting your hand in tata.

For you're requirement the top 5 cars I would pick are
1. Toyota Liva
2. Honda Amaze
3. Hyundai Xcent
4. Maruti Swift
5. Hyundai Grand i10

Out of these 5 cars, Liva can seat 5 passengers, while Amaze has best engine, Xcent is the most loaded, Swift is the most popular and Fun to Drive, while Grand i10 is the cheapest to buy. While these cars tick most of you're requirements, some dont. The Liva has everything you asked while it isn't as stylish as others here. Hyundai & Maruti Cars are not cheap to service at all, one time they were but now they aren't. We have 2 Hyundai's ( Verna, i20) & 1 Maruti (WagonR). These cars service costs are higher when compared to their rivals. And These dealers make money from ASS.
Toyota Liva is easier to maintain and service costs are very less.

Maruti Swift is good choices here because of ASS Network, trendy style, very good petrol engine.

Grand i10 & Xcent are good too with good petrol motors and feature packed.

Amaze is also very good and it has big boot and spacious rear seat. Although its interiors are boring, fit & finish is good throughout.

Test Drive all these cars it'll make decision easier. Just like everyone, heart says Grand i10, Xcent while mind says Liva, Amaze. I always prefer Mind over Heart.

Do not consider Liva, roadways buses have better interiors.

Safety - Zest is overall heaviest in segment, metal is thicker, door close with better thud, window glass is thicker blocking road noise, wider tires with alloys standard. All of them provides ABS+Airbag option.

Comfort - Zest is most spacious, Xcent is too narrow (strict 4 seater), Dzire backseat is not impressive, very small glass area (claustrophobic), Amaze is decent.

Low Maintenance - Zest will be cheapest on your pocket.

Design - Zest has most appealing design. Xcent also looks nice from front view, its quirky rear tail-lamp spoil the looks. Dzire is too common. Amaze looks worst, senseless crease lines everywhere.

Luggage Space - Amaze has best luggage Space in sub 4m.

IMO Dzire will provide you best driving pleasure, Zest will provide full fledged sedan class comfort, Xcent offers a well rounded package, Well Amaze is very mediocre car.

Safety - Zest is overall heaviest in segment, metal is thicker, door close with better thud, window glass is thicker blocking road noise, wider tires with alloys standard. All of them provides ABS Airbag option.

Comfort - Zest is most spacious, Xcent is too narrow (strict 4 seater), Dzire backseat is not impressive, very small glass area (claustrophobic), Amaze is decent.

Agreed.

Low Maintenance - Zest will be cheapest on your pocket.

Design - Zest has most appealing design. Xcent also looks nice from front view, its quirky rear tail-lamp spoil the looks. Dzire is too common. Amaze looks worst, senseless crease lines everywhere.

Luggage Space - Amaze has best luggage Space in sub 4m.

IMO Dzire will provide you best driving pleasure, Zest will provide full fledged sedan class comfort, Xcent offers a well rounded package, Well Amaze is very mediocre car.
Why rule out that car for just interiors ? I can give you many examples which have more then one negatives which sell in decent numbers. Will anyone give reward for nice interiors ? Apart from aesthetics, other factors must also be considered.

Thicker body panel doesn't always means tougher car. Take Polo for example, it scored 0 stars( Non Airbags) version and 4 stars for Dual Airbags version, while Honda Jazz, i20 scored 5 stars despite being Lighter.

If Amaze crease lines were useless, why did People bought Uber Stylish i20, Verna, Sonata which also have cuts & creases in them.

I would recommend you Tata Zest and Honda Brio.

The advantages of Tata Zest:

• Additional Boot space
  • Excellent interiors and exteriors
  • Best Value for the buck taking into consideration safety, equipment and overall maintenance cost (Being a TATA).
  • The new Engine has been appreciated by almost everybody in the first drive reviews.

Advantages of Brio:
  • A good hatchback with a big advantage of having one of the finest petrol engine.
  • Good fuel efficiency
  • Excellent after sale support

Go for tried and tested car as new cars there will be a lot of uknown unknowns. And you might be a testmill for people, maruti hyundai best bet

Hi everyone,
Which Car Should i go for?

My Budget: 4-6 Lakhs

> New or Used: New

Plz Help
Hi,

IMO if you want a petrol car within 5-6 L budget, it must be from Honda or Suzuki. The IVtec and K series engines are far better compared to the competition and they are reliable, fuel efficient and fun to drive.

In 5 - 6 L range only two cars (From Honda & Suzuki) will come with all the safety features i.e Swift and Brio. Considering your requirement of comfort and luggage space i will say brio.

Now, if you want amaze with all the safety features you will have to increase your budget up to 8 L.

Or you can slightly increase your budget and get the Dezire ZXi. (i think OTR price will be around 6.5 L). IMHO this will be a safe bet.

My suggestion: Go for Tata Zest or Hyundai Grand i-10/Xcent. All three cars are feature rich and newly launched (2013 & 2014) with good engines. All are equiped with best in class safety systems.

Hi everyone,
Which Car Should i go for?

My Budget: 4-6 Lakhs

> New or Used: New

Plz Help
In the hatchback space, considering Safety to be a priority for you[clap], Nissan Micra Active (top-end) it is. It has ABS, 2 airbags, more space than the Brio, Swift (particularly boot space). No other car will give you ABS and Airbags OTR for less than 6 lacs, IMO.

All the compact sedans will give you more space for pax and luggage, but their ABS/Airbag equipped models will definitely exceed 6 lacs.

In the hatchback space, considering Safety to be a priority for you[clap], Nissan Micra Active (top-end) it is. It has ABS, 2 airbags, more space than the Brio, Swift (particularly boot space). No other car will give you ABS and Airbags OTR for less than 6 lacs, IMO.

All the compact sedans will give you more space for pax and luggage, but their ABS/Airbag equipped models will definitely exceed 6 lacs.
Good Suggestion, Micra Active has all you're needs ticked. Although Brio & Swift also have Safety features, they have small boot compared to Micra. You can also consider compact sedans if you want boot space.

Thread Starter #13
Thanks all of you guys for your suggestions.What do you think about the elite i20? I am planning to go for this? should i go for i20?

Thanks all of you guys for your suggestions.What do you think about the elite i20? I am planning to go for this? should i go for i20?
Yes surely you can take a look at Elite i20, if you're looking for Petrol version look elsewhere, you have cars with much better engines then i20. That Kappa2 engine isn't as good as Swift, Brio, Polo TSi, or even it's own sibling Grand i10. Even though Grand i10 and Elite i20 share same engine, the former offers much better performance and economy. If you're not in hurry, wait for Honda Jazz. Otherwise you can look at Grand i10/Xcent if you want Hyundai. Swift, Brio, Polo TSI are the best options. Each of these have good performance, powertrains, dynamics and deliver decent fuel economy. Unless you want feature packed petrol car, there is no alternative to the i20

Safety - Zest is overall heaviest in segment, metal is thicker, door close with better thud, window glass is thicker blocking road noise, wider tires with alloys standard. All of them provides ABS+Airbag option.
Does more weight, thicker metal and thicker glass make a car safer ??[confused] Then Polo, Punto and Fabia without airbags should be far safer than a Swift/i10 !! [roll]

Top Bottom