please suggest best car
mostly wife will drive
Top 5 small cars under 5 lakhs are
1. Honda Brio
2. Chevrolet Beat
3. Hyundai i10
4. Maruti Celerio
5. Nissan Micra Active

All these cars are available around 5 lakhs.
Brio & Beat have 4 cyl engines while rest have 3 cyl engines.

All cars have pros and cons
1. Brio has best engine, performance, fit & finish, Dynamics. Small boot and quirky looks are its weaknesses. I have Brio and love it much more then other cars every time i take it for drive.

2. Chevrolet Beat has funky interior's, good FE, features. While small cabin, hate or love kind of design, low resale value are its cons.

3. Hyundai i10 is the most successful car here in terms of sales. It has good engine, interiors, feature packed. While high service costs, poor dynamics, low FE are its cons.
i10 feels dated since it was launched in 2008

5. Nissan Micra Active is the largest car here and it is spacious has bigger boot and is also dynamically better. Again styling is hit or miss, and the car hasn't been that successful compared to others.

I would pick Brio for its performance, engine, gwarbox, easy to drive nature, compact turning radius, Honda Peace of Mind. You can check ownership reports of Brio in the related thread.

Re: Best petrol car for 5 lacs?

If you want to spend just above 5 lacs consider Xcent and Zest base models. They are truly VFM.

base version of Zest is 4.6L ex-showroom and Elite i20 is also in same price category. If you can spend a little extra, you will have these 2 choices.

Believe this would be an alternative car and mostly driven by Wife, hence do not compromise on Safety features like Airbags and ABS. This eliminates top variants for most of the hatch recommended and even mid variants of sedan.

Believe 5 on be on road price that you have set, I would recommend Beat or Brio, I am sure looking good will be an criteria for selection.

Maruti Celerio automatic with CNG is the best choice
Easy to drive
30 mileage

If it is just 5000 per year, the best would be Brio. You get a lot of peace of mind and satisfaction. And it loves you back:biggrin:

Top Bottom