Confused between i10 and Figo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am planning to book a hatchback this weekend for my family. Actually I am confused between i10 kappa and ford figo.
Figo Zxi -
Figo is a good car as it comes with many features which are not there in i10. Figo has a biggest boot in this segment plus very powerful A/C(i.e 154 cc compressor). But there are some cons mentioned below with figo which are restricting me to make my decision:-
1. Less ground clearance
2. Less mileage

Pros:-
1. best in class A/c.
2. very spacious.
3. Largest boot in this segment
4. Best music system
5. Vey comfortable while riding.

i10 magna kappa -
i10 on the other side has good interiors as compared to figo and silent engine.
pros:-
1. Very good interior
2. Good mileage
3. Silent engine
4. Good ground clearance.

Cons :-
1. Less space(Can adjust only 2 adult in rear)
2. Not a powerful A/c when compare to figo
3. Boot is also not that much large as compared to figo
4. Music system is not provided(well this not very important)

Guys please help me out so that i can make my decision and book my car.

Regards,

Nik

Last edited:
You basically want a petrol car and you have shortlisted 2 of the best ones of the segment.
Have you td both the cars? IMO Figo Petrol has a bit sluggish(initial) response as compared to i10, but at higher speeds even Figo is quite good to drive. I would recommend you to go for Figo since i find it a complete VFM package. A Figo diesel will be the best option if you have diesel option on your list.
There are many more options for your budget but i didnt mention them as it will only lead to confusion.

Thread Starter #3
You basically want a petrol car and you have shortlisted 2 of the best ones of the segment.
Have you td both the cars? IMO Figo Petrol has a bit sluggish(initial) response as compared to i10, but at higher speeds even Figo is quite good to drive. I would recommend you to go for Figo since i find it a complete VFM package. A Figo diesel will be the best option if you have diesel option on your list.
There are many more options for your budget but i didnt mention them as it will only lead to confusion.
I don't have any problem considering diesel version of figo.

Actually I have few requirements from the car :-

1. Powerful A/C
2. Excellent mileage
3. Good ride on city conditions.

Please mention if you have some more options as my budget is 6L.

Regards,

Nik

Figo diesel is the best option and it fulfills all the requirements mentioned by you. As far as the ground clearance issue is concerned almost all of them have more or less same gc.
You may consider the following ones too though i would strongly recommend you to go for FIGO diesel. This imo is the best vfm hatch available in market.
1. Chevrolet Beat
2. MS Swift
3. Fiat Grande Punto

Thread Starter #5
Figo diesel is the best option and it fulfills all the requirements mentioned by you. As far as the ground clearance issue is concerned almost all of them have more or less same gc.
You may consider the following ones too though i would strongly recommend you to go for FIGO diesel. This imo is the best vfm hatch available in market.
1. Chevrolet Beat
2. MS Swift
3. Fiat Grande Punto
Beat :- I didn't like the design of the car and ride quality.

Swift - I already have swift Vdi.

Fiat grande punto :- i have heard that punto has a pathetic A/C in delhi hot summer condition. Could you please provide me mileage fig of punto diesel.

People are saying that normally Figo diesel gives 14-15 Kpl under city conditions and I think that this is not at all a gud mileage bcoz my swift vdi gives 20 Kpl in city.

I need good mileage as my run is 120 Kms a day.

Regards,

Nik

Its bit unfair to compare Figo with i10. Figo is one segment above, you should compare Figo with Swift etc.
Figo is much bigger and its ride/handling is excellent. i10 is cute small car, but pricey, based on what it offers. And the ride is bit bumpy for rear passanger.

Your budget 6L, is adequate to buy any petro hatchback. Do consider Polo and Punto also.

If your drive is say 1000KM+, diesel is good option. There in your budget, Figo and Punto should come.

Thread Starter #7
Its bit unfair to compare Figo with i10. Figo is one segment above, you should compare Figo with Swift etc.
Figo is much bigger and its ride/handling is excellent. i10 is cute small car, but pricey, based on what it offers. And the ride is bit bumpy for rear passanger.

Your budget 6L, is adequate to buy any petro hatchback. Do consider Polo and Punto also.

If your drive is say 1000KM+, diesel is good option. There in your budget, Figo and Punto should come.
Thanks RSM for ur prompt reply :)
I already have swift Vdi and I am very happy with the car performance.
Now I am looking for another car which can deliver best mileage as my swift is giving.

My run is approx 120 Kms a day.
My requirements are:-

1. Best mileage
2. A/c should be very chilli because in delhi temp goes upto 46.
3. Should be spacious and comfort ride.

Please let me know which car will suit me best.

Regards,

Nik

Thread Starter #9
Hello Nik, Could you please answer a few questions asked here (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-bike-shopper/1298-looking-buy-car-must-read.html) before I advice you something?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Your Budget
6L
- Your Location?
Delhi

- Top 5 Priorities

Mileage,powerful A/C,best Ride,space and comfort
- Monthly Running?
How much Kilometers your vehicle will be used in a month?
1000+

- For Which Purpose?
For which purpose your vehicle will be used?
Family
- Max. Seating Capacity
Maximum person your vehicle should accomodate? (Including Driver)

- Priority of Fuel Type
Which Type of fuel your vehicle should be running with?
Diesel is first choice
- Body Type
Which type of vehicle you would prefer more?
Hatchback

350Z

Core Team
Nik, much appreciate your co-operation and glad to have a Delhi’ite onboard. :smile: In the approximate budget of Rs.6 Lakhs for a diesel hatchback, the following models suit your requirements best:

- Ford Figo Titanium Duratorq (Rs.5.81 Lakhs)
- Fiat Grande Punto MJD Dynamic (Rs.5.81 Lakhs)
- Maruti Ritz VDi ABS (Rs.5.75 Lakhs)
- Volkswagen Polo Trendline Diesel (Rs.5.98 Lakhs)

So looking overall, practically Figo or Punto does suits your requirements best, otherwise I’d suggest taking a look at Polo, though you’ll have to compromise a li’l with rear space and rear power windows which I’m sure most of us might not prefer after shelling that amount but considering long term use, what you get is the “solid” quality. Else, your decision should be between Figo and Punto. Also, Please Do NOT hurry in booking, Extensively test drive and check all your preferred cars before reaching to a conclusion. Good luck!

EDIT: Some links you may like to look at:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ts/1739-volkswagen-polo-road-test-review.html
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/test-drive-reports/1613-ford-figo-test-drive-review.html
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reports/1620-chill-ford-figo-1-4-titanium.html
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../281-punto-red-emotion-mjd-5000km-driven.html
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...m-came-home-punto-emotion-pk-1200km-done.html
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...1-my-cute-silver-punto-e-3333km-3-months.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11
Nik, much appreciate your co-operation and glad to have a Delhi’ite onboard. :smile: In the approximate budget of Rs.6 Lakhs for a diesel hatchback, the following models suit your requirements best:

- Ford Figo Titanium Duratorq (Rs.5.81 Lakhs)
- Fiat Grande Punto MJD Dynamic (Rs.5.81 Lakhs)
- Maruti Ritz VDi ABS (Rs.5.75 Lakhs)
- Volkswagen Polo Trendline Diesel (Rs.5.98 Lakhs)

So looking overall, practically Figo or Punto does suits your requirements best, otherwise I’d suggest taking a look at Polo, though you’ll have to compromise a li’l with rear space and rear power windows which I’m sure most of us might not prefer after shelling but considering long term use, this is the car which offers a “solid” quality. Else, your decision should be between Figo and Punto. Also, Please do NOT hurry in booking, extensively test and check all your preferred cars before reaching to a conclusion. Good luck!

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks a lot 350Z!!!

- Ford Figo Titanium Duratorq (Rs.5.81 Lakhs) - 1st option for me
- Fiat Grande Punto MJD Dynamic (Rs.5.81 Lakhs) - I have heard that punto A/c is pathetic for delhi climate condition. Please comment....
- Maruti Ritz VDi ABS (Rs.5.75 Lakhs) - Not in my list a I already have maruti diesel i.e swift diesel.
- Volkswagen Polo Trendline Diesel (Rs.5.98 Lakhs) - Not sure howz the performance of polo diesel(3 cylinder engine) because i think it is underpowered when we compare it with figo and punto.

Please let me know if I am going wrong.

I have taken test drive of punto in dwarka and didn't like the quality of ride and A/C performance.

On the other hand when I took test drive of figo diesel from harpreet ford moti nagar I felt that ride is really good but there was little bit cabin noise.
SP told me that I'll easily get 18-19 Kpl in city and 20-21 Kpl on highway. I asked him to prove me the same or let me ask your user who are coming for figo service to their center. He told me to come on saturday 3rd July as lots of users would be coming to the service center and I can easily ask anyone to confirm it.

I am going tomorrow to Harpreet ford moti nagar to check with figo users and if that is true what SP is saying then I'll book the car tomorrow only.

Please let me know 350Z whether this is my right decision or not???

Regards,

Nik

350Z

Core Team
Nik, Don't be in so hurry and research as much you can, I'm sure it'll pay you off. About the Punto's AC, The owners on our forum like RSM, Fiat-Yamaha, KnightRiderGT etc. would be in position to guide you better. Also, I'd suggest to test drive once the Polo as well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Punto A/C - Its very good. But Figo, i heard is better. Some owners did report the issue with A/C, but after Pollen filter got cleaned, its chilling. Punto's A/C is better than Swift.

Mileage - Punto gives 17-18 in city (40-50% AC) and 22+ on highway (100% AC).

Yes Nik don't jump into conclusions so early.
Wait for some time.
TD with different dealerships if you are Zeroing on a particular car.
See where you will fetch freebies.

Thread Starter #15
Hi All,

I just had a test drive again few minutes back of Punto MJD emotion pack from dwarka New Delhi dealer and felt the same A/C issue. Dealer told me that its too hot outside and therefore car is not able to cool. I told him that everybody need A/C only when its hot outside, who will need A/c when outside temp is 14 or 15 degree. What is the point of saying that car is not cooling because outside temp is high. No doubt punto has gr8 looks and lots of features as compared to other hatchback cars in the market. But the only problem with the car is its A/c and believe me in north india places like delhi, punjab, haryana etc etc people need powerful A/C because temp is increasing slowly and slowly.

Guys I am not taking my decision too early as I was in research from last 1 month. I have checked each and everywhere and TAI and found that Figo has best in class A/C as compared to other cars in the market but it has slightly low fuel efficiency when we compare it with swift diesel and punto.

Let see what happens tomorrow when i'll visit Harpreet ford in moti nagar????

I hope i'll take the right decision tomorrow.

Thanks guys for your valuable feedback on this and let me know if still I am going wrong.

Guys please suggest me which colour should I take if I finalize the car tomorrow. My fav colour for figo is white with black interiors.

Please let me know if there is any other good combination????

regards,

Nik

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom