Hyundai Verna 2014 vs Ford Fiesta 2014!!

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a car in the next two months. I wated to buy a sedan and after a lot of research i hav zeroed in on Hyundai Verna 1.6 Sx Diesel and Ford Fiesta Diesel (Both 2014 models). I am really confused which car to go for. I really llike the 2014 Ford Fiesta but all the review says the Verna is a better package. My main requirement are good ride quality, handling and good millage :) Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance

Thread Starter #3
True, but what gizmos and features does the verna hav that the fiesta doesn't have ? I actually thought the fiesta has more features compared to verna.

Last edited:
@D.J.D

Not completely true. It's been quite common these day people telling Verna's ride quality and handling is meh. No it's not true. Why? They have learned from past mistakes and Verna 2013 is an huge improvement in terms of handling and ride quality. Yes, still body roll is not yet fixed but reduced to an great extent. Comparing fiesta's backseat comfort, Verna is better. And still a lot more is there.

Ford is good in handling and ride quality, I agree. But new Verna is not a slouch either and for me, it offers better VFM package compared to Fiesta.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a car in the next two months. I wated to buy a sedan and after a lot of research i hav zeroed in on Hyundai Verna 1.6 Sx Diesel and Ford Fiesta Diesel (Both 2014 models). I am really confused which car to go for. I really llike the 2014 Ford Fiesta but all the review says the Verna is a better package. My main requirement are good ride quality, handling and good millage :) Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance
Well, if you have enough of the money to go for Verna SX then why look at Fiesta? Verna is the car to go for. Ride and handling have a bit improved and by every way feels more premium than Fiesta. Although Verna has a poor rear seat(as compared to City) but then Fiesta comes equipped with even poorer.

In my case, I would blindly pick the Fiesta Titanium (O), even though I fancied Verna once. But, I dunno about ride quality and handling, mileage is the second-best-in-class. Features are great. Voice command control, SMS reader (voice) and all you can think about. Only things it lacks are GPS and a touchscreen display for ICE. And, a slightly bigger screen would make it nicer. Hope I helped :)

Firstly Both are Good cars, Verna is an established player and was the leader in the segment until it lost the spot to Honda City. What Verna has the Fiesta doesn't and vice versa. Here is the comparison i am making to make you're decision easier

Looks/ Design
1. Hyundai Verna
2 Ford Fiesta

Interiors & Equipment
1. Ford Fiesta(More Features)
2. Hyundai Verna(Better Interiors)

Engine & Perfomance
1. Hyundai Verna
2. Ford Fiesta

Refinement & Fuel economy
1. Ford Fiesta
2. Hyundai Verna

Ride & Handling
1. Ford Fiesta
2. Hyundai Verna

Space & Comfort
1. Hyundai Verna
2. Ford Fiesta

Service Costs & Maintainance
1. Ford Fiesta
2. Hyundai Verna

Overall, i would say both cars have equal advantages and disadvantages, the one last area where the fight closes is the Price, here its the Fiesta that is way cheaper then Verna and should be the natural choice between the two.

Secondly, Why other cars haven't been considered?

If i wanted a car in this segment, i would close my eyes and buy Honda City. That car has a lot going for it. Its looks, engines, space, comfort, features are all fantastic. Then there is the service costs which is also cheaper and it has resale value as an added advantage. These are the very reasons why it sells 7700 units/ month. You can consider this car for the above reasons. Also a "Honda is a Honda", i have Brio and i am very very happy with it. Out of the various cars i have owned before this car has been the most reliable for me.

My brother has a Verna 1.6 SX. he is unhappy with the vehicle. High Service Costs, Low Ground Clearance, Poor Fuel Economy, Light steering wheel are the reasons.

@ Kavin, you have got more options as great products in the market like Verna, Fiesta, Vento, Rapid, City etc. For no future regrets you personally test drive all the above and conclude as per your requirement.

In the above question, my answer will be biased towards the Fiesta.

@ Kavin, you have got more options as great products in the market like Verna, Fiesta, Vento, Rapid, City etc. For no future regrets you personally test drive all the above and conclude as per your requirement.
+100, all the cars in the segment are worth a try. All have their own USP like:
  • Vento: Build quality, comfort and pure raw performance.
  • Rapid: Same as Vento with an added advantage of fantastic dynamics.
  • City: Luxury
  • Fiesta: Dynamics
  • Verna: Featured and a very refined engine(No second question on the refinement of diesel mills of Hyundai)

Out of Verna and Fiesta, Verna simply excels in the terms of cabin quality, luxury feel and it has got a bigger engine with higher power output. Fiesta on the other hand is fun to drive, but with the power on offer - most of the fun is actually out of the drive(I wish it had 120 horses and at least 25 kgm of twist).

Thread Starter #11
Well, if you have enough of the money to go for Verna SX then why look at Fiesta? Verna is the car to go for. Ride and handling have a bit improved and by every way feels more premium than Fiesta. Although Verna has a poor rear seat(as compared to City) but then Fiesta comes equipped with even poorer.
Both are almost the same price , Verna 1.6 SX Diesel is 1120512 where as the Ford Fiesta is 1112881 (Both are On road price in chennai). The diff is just 7631 Rs.

Firstly Both are Good cars, Verna is an established player and was the leader in the segment until it lost the spot to Honda City. What Verna has the Fiesta doesn't and vice versa. Here is the comparison i am making to make you're decision easier

First of all thanks a lot for this detailed analysis i really appreciate that. Honda city was also in my list but after the test drive i didn't like the way Honda City felt, no offence, just a personal thing. Anyways i will definitely consider all your points and take my final decision. Thanks a ton again mate.

In the above question, my answer will be biased towards the Fiesta.
Thanks mate, thats what i am doing currently. Test drove the Fiesta, Honda city and verna already, got a few more on the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Verna : Complete family sedan with luxury feel
Fiesta : fun to drive sedan with sporty feel
I was in the same dilemma city vs fiesta. I picked fiesta because
1) We already have a spacious car ( indigo )
2) I was basically looking for fun to drive
3) In our family of 4 ,2 people are fat other 2 slim ,we can sit easily in fiesta too:stupid:
In a nutshell if your looking for a family sedan than verna , city else fiesta , linea [:)]
All the best[drive]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Verna : Complete family sedan with luxury feel
Fiesta : fun to drive sedan with sporty feel
I was in the same dilemma city vs fiesta. I picked fiesta because
1) We already have a spacious car ( indigo )
2) I was basically looking for fun to drive
3) In our family of 4 ,2 people are fat other 2 slim ,we can sit easily in fiesta too:stupid:
In a nutshell if your looking for a family sedan than verna , city else fiesta , linea [:)]
All the best[drive]
Haha! Aweosme :) Thansk a lot mate. I think i will make my decison very soon and it might just be the Fiesta :P

Choose Verna for its softer ride & better interiors and Fiesta for its great handling & feature set. TD both extensively before deciding. I guess these segment buyers are confused with so many options. ohh..I forgot the new Honda City. Any reason why you restricted between this two options alone?

Last edited:

Top Bottom