Members. I am planning to buy a new car. It would have to be most probably a hatchback. This will be my first car and I have never owned a car. I have driven an automatic in USA for a period of 1 Year (just to give an idea of my experience or say lack of, with cars).
Now the main requirements for me are
1. Automatic Transmission
2. Safety features
3. Decent FE
I have been researching a lot since last few months reading various ownership reviews on this and other forums. I do not have a budget set but since it will be a hatchback (with AT), I want to spend not a lot. But since I want safety as well, I know price will be high.
So my research on various cars says this...
1. Maruti Suzuki A-Star AT -> Not available new anymore and I am not really wanting to go for used/pre-owned car. Also it has ABS
only and no airbags
2. Celerio AMT - Very high waiting times and no safety features like ABS
or airbags. Don't think Maruti will also introduce them in AMT version.
3. Hyundai Grand i10 AT -> Great interiors. Hyundai is considered usually second to Maruti in terms of presence in the market. But its top end AT also doesn't have ABS
/Airbags. This is a let down. No idea what Hyundai was thinking.
4. Ritz AT - Doesn't have safety features.
5. Honda Brio AT - This is the top contender for me at the moment. It has airbags and ABS
and Honda badge might be good I feel. This car I believe doesn't sell much but seems to be having lot of good reviews from the people who own it.
6. Nissan Micra CVT - Seems to have lot of bells and whistles and also safety features and most expensive from the last few I have listed. Also concerned about the A.S.S of Nissan.
7. Hyundai i20 AT - Goes over budget at 9 Lakh+ OTR and we only get 1 airbag.
I want to mention that I am not an enthusiast. I want car for commuting in city of Mumbai. I may never take the car out of city I think since I personally prefer to do highway journeys and such in volvo and such buses.