"Thank You all guys" are the words from my friend.
He is overwhelmed by your response.
He had a word with his family which further restricted or filtered the choice.
As he said,
1. Since car would be driven mostly in city, it is best to stay in sub 4m range though it can be accommodated.
2. His family rejected Fiat but liked Linea. His family had bad ownership experience with Fiat Uno 1.2L petrol. Avoid is the word by family.
3. Same with TATA, they had Indica, which was efficient with chronic habit of visiting service center for one or the other problem. The experience at service center too was horrible.
4. He is well aware of Skoda horror stories but VW too is following. He is considering Vento albeit halfheartedly w.r.t peace of ownership.
5. His parents suggested to prefer Japanese/Koreans or volume cars as ownership experience is expected to be better.
One of their suggestion is Hyundai Verna 1.6L and Ford Ecosport.
He has driven Verna and found engine punchy, ride quality good for city but reports of bouncy suspension or boat like handling is really worrying him.
(He drives i20P so light steering isn't an issue)
He has not tested Ecosport but will it qualify P-Q-R-S criteria.
Any other cars from his filtered choices?
How about new i20? New Reports claim that it may have better handling and dynamics(Grand i10 has better ride, so more anticipation)
Thank you again for your time and patience.