Planning To Buy a New Car For Rs.4 Lakh (On-Road)

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am planning to buy a new car. Here are the details:
Budget: Not more than 4lakhs on road.
Top priorities: Comfort(easy ingress n egress), Sporty Design, Fuel Efficient
After market accessories: Decent enough ICE system around 10k max (Please suggest what combination can I go for, brands, price. I am very new at this as it's my first car)

Also, the Hyundai dealer said that for Hyundai EON Era+ the Rear Parcel Tray isn't available.In that case, is there any alternative to fix the rear speakers?[confused]

My Current Options:
Alto 800 LXI 3.67 lakhs , Hyundai EON ERA+ (dealer has offered upgrade on Dlite+ at same price) 3.88 lakhs

Also, any TAI-ger from Bangalore, please let me know if the Trident Hyundai dealers at Sankey road are good. [surprise]

Check out the Datsun Go. It is really VFM car.

For the rear parcel tray, any accessory shop will custom made it while you do fix the rear speakers.

Ajay@

There is no diesel at these budjet. The most low cost diesel car (Indica V2 LS BS3)in the country cost approx 4.40 lakhs on road if you are taking the car for private use.

Ajay@

There is no diesel at these budjet. The most low cost diesel car (Indica V2 LS BS3)in the country cost approx 4.40 lakhs on road if you are taking the car for private use.
Beat diesel entry variant ex showroom is 3.9L :stupid:
I missed his quote not more than 4 lakh "on road"

Sir,You will get the Chevrolet Spark LT (Top-of-the-variant) with LPG for 3.9 lakhs On-road.It is safer than the Alto 800 Lxi and the EON.The spark will come with factory fitted MP3 Player and with a Rear Parcel tray too.IMHO It looks the best and sporty among your Options.BTW,There is a limited edition Spark going on too.Thank you

Spark_SVP_Exteriors_side_profile_980x478_01.jpg

Spark_Marquee_Colorizer_1280x551_FNR_17Feb14_01.jpg

Thread Starter #8
@furious_driver
I'm not inclined towards the Datsun GO, purely because of the A.S.S. I feel a Hyundai or a Maruti has an edge over Nissan/Datsun on this front.
Although, it was the first car I researched, and the space and power GO provides is pretty good, it's a no-no from my family's side as well due to the brand's trust factor.

@bharathbigb
Thanks Sir, I'll get in touch with the Chevy dealership as well.

Anyone from Bangalore who has experience with Trident Hyundai at Sankey Road? Dad's edging towards the EON ERA+, so need to know if those guys are good.

Datsun Go is a great option, but since you're saying that's out of the question why not have a look at the Hyundai Eon 1.0l or Alto K10 as well?

If it's between the Eon 0.8l and Alto 800 I would definitely recommend the Eon. Not only is it better looking and better to drive, but it feels slightly more solid.

No offense to anyone, but I have heard too many stories about Chevy India's electrical issues to recommend it.

Thread Starter #10
@Viru
Yeah, my dad and to an extent, I am also moving in favor of the EON Era+

@bharathbigb
Sir, I have checked the price at Trident Chevrolet and the base model is offered at 3.5lakhs ex-showroom, so not of much help either the Chevy Spark.

There's one more thing, ICE system at max budget of 10k. Please advise.
I would like a system with good performance and tight bass.

You can get Alto 800 LXI and LXI with Airbag for under 4 lakhs On road in Bangalore. VXI has integrated audio and is priced around 4.15 lakhs. Eon Era+ is a good package and if the dealer is offering at 3.88 lakhs, you can go ahead and book it

Last edited:
Beat diesel entry variant ex showroom is 3.9L :stupid:
I missed his quote not more than 4 lakh "on road"
That may be for the petrol entry level variant or the price shown in their advertisement after all the offers(which we doesnt get) value reduced from Ex showroom price.

When i checked their website ex show room price at bangalore for the beat diesel Lower variant is 4.86 lakhs. Almost 1 lakh higher than you mentioned

Attachments

i would suggest alto k10. it has more grunt than alto 800. it can be fun to drive and also economical and you get a good service. any day maruthi is better than hyundai in terms of maintenance.

Sub 4 lakh budget Alto 800 and Nano Twist are best models. I can vouch for these two as I own both of them. Next choice should be Go and Beat.

No offence to anyone - EON and Spark are cramped inside. Also exponential maintenance cost of Hyundai is very high.

I would advise against Datsun. Eventhough it has one of the best in class space, the quality levels are pathetic. The door closes with a big irritating metal sound such that you dont even want to close/open the door anymore. Apart from that the plastic quality of dashboard is pretty average while the steering stalks are of acceptable quality. On the exterior front, it looks more than its price. Also take into account that service quality is questionable.

You can alternatively look at Beat, alto 800.
Better to extend your budget a little bit and get a grandi10, brio or micra. They are much more worth than the price difference suggests.

Last edited:

Top Bottom