• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
Planning to buy new DIESEL car in the budget of 8.5 lakhs ,

1. Fiat Linea Classic Plus
2. Volkswagen Polo HIGHLINE
3. Hyundai i20 ASTA
4. Swift Dzire ZDI

Please suggest on this to proceed further to buy this within 3 days of time line [:)]

Re: Urgent help needed in buying in the budget of 8.5 lakhs Diesel Car

I guess it will be better if you leave all and go for the new Ford Fiesta(Base or mid variant), it will fell in your budget and is a notch above all others. Linea classic is good but is a bit too much stripped and in the 75 bhp tune, the car isn't really very good. Remember, the VGT is replaced by FGT - which means higher lag.

Polo, Linea and DZire are equipped with 'small' engines. i20 has got a good engine but the Fiesta can offer you the best of performance, ride, handling and of course - joy.

Thread Starter #4

Polo, Linea and DZire are equipped with 'small' engines. i20 has got a good engine but the Fiesta can offer you the best of performance, ride, handling and of course - joy.
Thanks for your valuable suggestion but Fiesta's base variant cost is 9.5 lacs which exceeds my budget [cry]

Thread Starter #5
If you need a bigger, more flexible car, Ertiga will be the best choice.
If sedan, The Xcent or Dzire are my suggestions.
Can I know the + and _ aspects of the above said sedan cars possibly. Also Ertiga will it comes under my budget [confused] If so please mention

How about Amaze... one of my friend owns both Amaze and Dzire diesel and when I asked him which one is better, he was all gaga about Amaze. I have advice you to have a test drive yourself before selection anyone.

Mr.Ananth,In your given Options,Safety is not Concerned and Not a single car is Top-of-the-line Varian.Fiesta is the best car under 10 lakhs right now.Did you consider the Punto sir ?? (As you have an i20 as an option in the poll),Did you consider the Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) ?? Remember you will be getting the Top-of-the-line Diesel Varient LTZ (O) for 7.8 Lakhs.You can also go for the Chevrolet enjoy,Same Top-of-the-line Vatient LTZ Diesel 7 Seater.AND Both of them have Price cuts and have a Limited edition Variont too !!

Sail LTZ (O) TCDI 1.3 ABS Limited edition

sail.jpg

Enjoy LTZ (O) 1.3 TCDI ABS (RWD [glasses] ) Limited edition

sd.jpg

Thank you

Last edited:
Can I know the + and _ aspects of the above said sedan cars possibly. Also Ertiga will it comes under my budget If so please mention
Ertiga VDi variant may come in reach of you. You may have to extend your budget a bit more, probably a few thousands.
Dzire:
Positives: Nice and classy cabin, comfy seats, best ride and handling combination, diesel power on highways, refinement, good amount of equipment.
Negatives: Less cabin and boot space compared to Xcent, Turbo lag below 2000rpm.
Xcent:
Positives: Fantastic cabin and quality, Lots of equipment, great VFM, Light steering and clutch good for city, Great space for the size, 1.1l Engine decent enough for city, refinement
Negatives: Suspension not as composed or stable as Dzire, Engine lacks power after 100kmph or 2500rpm, Engine tends to stall while moving from standstill and judders, Steering too light for highways, Airbags optional only.
These are my views of the cars. Do a full TD and see which car suits you.
The Ertiga can also be considered if the price comes within your reach.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion but Fiesta's base variant cost is 9.5 lacs which exceeds my budget [cry]
For the car that costs 7.69 Ex showroom, how the on-road price can be 9.6 lac? In TN, the tax is 10%, which translates to 77k and rest is insurance. These are two major payments to be made and I guess adding all the money you will be paying, it shouldn't go anywhere higher than 8.8-8.9 lac.

Thread Starter #10
Mr.Ananth,In your given Options,Safety is not Concerned and Not a single car is Top-of-the-line Varian.Fiesta is the best car under 10 lakhs right now.Did you consider the Punto sir ?? (As you have an i20 as an option in the poll),Did you consider the Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) ?? Remember you will be getting the Top-of-the-line Diesel Varient LTZ (O) for 7.8 Lakhs.You can also go for the Chevrolet enjoy,Same Top-of-the-line Vatient LTZ Diesel 7 Seater.AND Both of them have Price cuts and have a Limited edition Variont too !!

Sail LTZ (O) TCDI 1.3 ABS Limited edition

View attachment 139822

Enjoy LTZ (O) 1.3 TCDI ABS (RWD [glasses] ) Limited edition

View attachment 139823

Thank you
Hello Ji , all the cars which I have mentioned is in the line top variant. I am in big confusion right now to proceed with Sedan or Hatchback. Just went to the show room to see Dzrie and my mind changing to Swift ZDI with ABS and Airbag. Is it good choice ?

Also regarding Punto the look doesn't attract me and also regarding the Chevy' SAIL interiors not appealing to me sir.

Thread Starter #11
Ertiga VDi variant may come in reach of you. You may have to extend your budget a bit more, probably a few thousands.
Dzire:
Positives: Nice and classy cabin, comfy seats, best ride and handling combination, diesel power on highways, refinement, good amount of equipment.
Negatives: Less cabin and boot space compared to Xcent, Turbo lag below 2000rpm.
Xcent:
Positives: Fantastic cabin and quality, Lots of equipment, great VFM, Light steering and clutch good for city, Great space for the size, 1.1l Engine decent enough for city, refinement
Negatives: Suspension not as composed or stable as Dzire, Engine lacks power after 100kmph or 2500rpm, Engine tends to stall while moving from standstill and judders, Steering too light for highways, Airbags optional only.
These are my views of the cars. Do a full TD and see which car suits you.
The Ertiga can also be considered if the price comes within your reach.
Thanks DJ bro ! I have a constraint right now to go within 8 lacs budget and I am thinking of SWIFT ZDI. The Onroad price cost about 8 lakh 6 thousand. After discount:

Split up :

1. Some straight 20k discount from dealer end
2.Corporate discount
3.Old Car RC book discount
4. 4k Accessories free.

Is it good to proceed with swift ZDI or any option. I am in total confusion right now.[confused][sleep]

Thread Starter #12

For the car that costs 7.69 Ex showroom, how the on-road price can be 9.6 lac? In TN, the tax is 10%, which translates to 77k and rest is insurance. These are two major payments to be made and I guess adding all the money you will be paying, it shouldn't go anywhere higher than 8.8-8.9 lac.
Hello vipul, Is it old fiesta classic or all new fiesta ? If Fiesta classic then I have also considered and went for the test drive. But the only constraint it has been in the marked from 2006 and my fear about it is it may discontinued at any point of time.

Hello Ji (I am just 15 sir ), all the cars which I have mentioned is in the line top variant. I am in big confusion right now to proceed with Sedan or Hatchback. Just went to the show room to see Dzrie and my mind changing to Swift ZDI with ABS and Airbag. Is it good choice ?

Also regarding Punto the look doesn't attract me and also regarding the Chevy' SAIL interiors not appealing to me sir.
Marutis are found everywhere now,Sir.Same as Hyundai. Does it hurt being different in a Chevy ? If there are more than 4 people and you go in the Highways much more than city (I am saying 80:20),Go for the Enjoy Diesel.Please TD both of them Sir.If you have 4 or lesser family members,and all above same,Go for the Sail.In hatchbacks too the Sail UV A has better bootspace than the swift and ofcourse better safety.If you use the car in both City and Highway without Much luggage,the Sail UV A will be the Choice All the 3 options given are Cheaper than the Swift sir[/B].They are kinda rare too on the roads so when you are driving it,it has the ability to Turn some Heads.If you buy either one of them,You will be the First TAIn with a Top Variant Enjoy,Sail or the UVA[;)] .Thank you

Sail UV A

image.jpg

Last edited:
Planning to buy new DIESEL car in the budget of 8.5 lakhs ,

1. Fiat Linea Classic Plus
2. Volkswagen Polo HIGHLINE
3. Hyundai i20 ASTA
4. Swift Dzire ZDI

Please suggest on this to proceed further to buy this within 3 days of time line [:)]
From the above list i will pick the Dzire ZDi.

If you want a decent car with good handling, performance, efficiency and fuss free ownership experience, go for the Dzire ZDi with your eyes closed. It comes within your budget.

Top Bottom