Buying a 1988 Model Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
My friend is planning to buy a second hand maruthi 800. All I know about that car is it is a 1988 model car. He asked me what would be reasonable price for which it can be bought for. At this point of time, he has no idea about how much kilometer that car has cloacked so far. Can you fellow members help me out regarding the price?

Attachments

Without understanding the mechanical worthiness of the car & the documents condition, it is quite difficult to arrive at the price.

The car seems to be in decent shape. Anywhere like 35-50 K will be ok for this. Nothing beyond that.
Not sure if this price is based on B'lore market.
For TN (especially Chennai) market with 35~50k one could easily get a 95~98 model M800.

OT: I remember getting screwed by my teachers for using "K" in place of "k" to represent "kilo"
k - kilo
K - Kelvin
No offense Bro, those are my sweet memories and just remembered after seeing your post. [:)]

Without understanding the mechanical worthiness of the car & the documents condition, it is quite difficult to arrive at the price.

Not sure if this price is based on B'lore market.
For TN (especially Chennai) market with 35~50k one could easily get a 95~98 model M800.

OT: I remember getting screwed by my teachers for using "K" in place of "k" to represent "kilo"
k - kilo
K - Kelvin
No offense Bro, those are my sweet memories and just remembered after seeing your post. [:)]
True the prices in TN/KL are much lower.

K is universally used now to denote 1000 post year Y2K. [evil]. We have lived our age, time to shred old conventions. Even is schools now a days curriculum is much changed of what we studied.

Thread Starter #6
Hi mates, thanks for the replies. My friend had already bought that car before i cud suggest him a reasonable price .He purchased the car for 45K which I felt is a little more for a car which is 25 year old.

I had visited him today and took the car for a ride. The odo says 45K but obviously that might be the reading shown after the meter being resetted once or twice back to zero completing 1lak kms. The car is very smooth and i did not feel like I am a driving a 25 year old car.The same goes for the gear shift and steering. Both are butter smooth. However one thing which was really annoying is the screeching sound the fan belt makes which reminds me of the noisy tata indicas.I asked my friend about this and he said its because he has put a new fan belt and it may take time for the sound to fade away. Is there anything like that ? Can you guys throw some light on this?

Last edited:

Top Bottom