Buying a Tata Safari Storme in Bangalore: Pre-Purchase Queries

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,
It's my first post so may be little wrongly placed in the forum . . please move it if so.
I have decided to buy Safari Storme -actually it was pre-decided, when I reach a carreer stage to afford it - i will do it (Not only the down payment but also owner ship cost!). Just for my satisfaction I test drove a couple of cars/suvs -such as scorpio/city/linea/XUV .. yes sedan as well as SUV --but instead to adding to my confusion it further strengthen my decision --and why? The ride quality, first and 2nd row ride quality, heighted sitting positon, Back support, Best space for 5 -I did not get that feel in any other vehicle!
-I wanted to check if any one else planning to buy one in Bangalore -what are the discounts or offers going on? Concord motors said 20K discount on LX and 40k on Ex (he sold me its corporate offer, not sure)
-What accessories do we generally get for free or rather what we can negotiate for
-Any one who bought recently -can you please share the details of offers and deals
-Which dealer is best to go in bangalore -I felt concord to be reasonable well, no complains, Prerna motors, pathetic -when I asked for a TD, guys asked to come to their shwroom and take it!!

hi CKP, firstly welcome to TAI.

Storme is a good choice for vehicle. There are quite few members here from Bangalore who have purchased tata vehicles, some of them I can recollect are rekharam(storme), shail1016 (aria). anshuman8 may also help you.

I am not aware of the discounts that are currently being offered in storme. However, would like yousuggest is that, it would be prefereble that you choose EX over LX model. The reason being, EX have few very critical features not present in LX,
1. Roof Top AC
2. Height adjustment in Driverseat.
3. Rear Wipers

There are additonal features like Clock in dashboard, fog lamps, Driver Arm rests. which are also necessary. I bought LX model and now wish i had these features but cannot upgrade. Probably this is Tatas strategy.

So in a nutshell even if it calls for stretching your budget, do that but opt for EX.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks a lot @vikyjoshi, yes I do agree that at least ex is must .. but the price difference does not seemed to be worth --but as you said it cannot be upgraded. Cunning tata strategy
I got my first taste of "horrid" TATA exp -so far I have been dealing with them over phone and at my place and it was all really good -today I went to the show room to finalize the deal ..I was told to my surprise that the quotation for ex which was handed to me yesterday, "bymistake" mentions 40K as discount -actual discount is only 20k and its across all variants.
They did not have a single EX model -all VX variant. I wanted to sit in EX and confirm that seat comfort (stiffness, support) is same as topend 4x4 VX model. In fact they do not have even LX.
I got a little suspicious, why so much little stock -an upgrade is in pipeline or what? For lx delivery time 2 months! for ex they have it available in Pune plant so 3 weeks.
I now understand why scorpio sells so much as compared to safari -people who want to go with safari go with it irrespective of their apathy (am in same bracket) :( , so they really do not care. On other hand scorpio has all variants, ready to give test drive on vehicle of your choice, very professional handling!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi CKP,
I also own Storme LX, even though i am very satisfied with LX model but sometimes i think that i should have gone for EX. Primarily because of Roof top AC and hand rests (usually on long drives) but overall Storme is a very nice SUV and you will not regret after buying it.
Having said that; you can install roof top AC in LX model by spending between 11-14K, but that will void the warranty.

Thread Starter #5
@mukesh, thanks a lot for sharing your experience
What was the delivery time for you guys -The manager told me that they place order twice a month and based on that they produce safari -they do not keep a ready stock. In fact he said there was a pearl white safari 230 days old and he can immediately deliver it along with substantial discount -but I am little suspicios as if it's returned vehicle or some manufacture time issues --I really do not want to take risk with my 11-12 lacs (Ex Showroom)!!

Thread Starter #7
@Truck Man, the offer is an eye wash -its standard 20k discount across model or you pay 30k to get three year insurance free ..but with weird terms and condition , And if you
go for exchange then an additional 20-30k..
But manager was not able to explain the 90K stuff!! Yes, actually the manager shared "by mistake" that a new version is expected and might be there is option of front facing third row and tyre at back again -but when I tried to grill further, he said he have no idea with the dates.
New launch mean ++price, so I will rather go for the current one. How do you check the chesis number -When I bought my Wagon R, I just believed the invoice!

ckp005, welcome to TAI. Ask for VIN number when you book your vehicle. Search the forum there is a thread to decode same. Do a proper PDI before taking the delivery/registration.

If you have an old car , Tata/Concorde might be able to give you exchange bonus on paper (without selling the car to them).

@mukesh, thanks a lot for sharing your experience
What was the delivery time for you guys -The manager told me that they place order twice a month and based on that they produce safari -they do not keep a ready stock. In fact he said there was a pearl white safari 230 days old and he can immediately deliver it along with substantial discount -but I am little suspicios as if it's returned vehicle or some manufacture time issues --I really do not want to take risk with my 11-12 lacs (Ex Showroom)!!

Hey, that's not true what I suspect the dealer want's to clear his old stock. In my case i insisted for fresh vehicle and received the vehicle of April 2014 & I took the delivery on 26th May of VX version.

Hi, firstly when i want to prerana motors, they have opened new showroom, inquired about storme and offers about aria, there is some good offers on storme

1. Exchange bonus of 25k, corporate discount of 4-7k, 3yrs of insurance free ( some small amount should be paid by buyer say ~20k for ~LX, 30k for ~EX etc)

2. On aria only 25k exchange bonus.

I would suggest you to bargain, if they dont oblige please try and act as if you are walking away from the deal, they will be behind you. Some of my friends got a very good deal through bargaining.

Or else tell the dealer that the other showroom is giving more discount and ask for more, run the blame game show you can extract maximum discounts.

NOTE

I strongly feel that the updated model is about to get launched in another 2 months max, so buyers can wait or extract maximum discounts if the updated model is not an option.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
@anshuman8, Thanks for sharing info.
I wen to prerna motors (BTM) and concorde motors (dairy circle) -so far I have been dealing with concorde motors silk board -New information, Music system has been discontinued except in the top end model :( -both the showrooms were surprised that silk board dealer do not know this!! and I will buy that -because these guys have been messing up with information from very beginning. Silk board seems to be an extention of their service station, rather a proper showroom! -Only one vehicle can be parked inside and thats the one for delivery! I think thats the main reason these guys are not uptodate.
Any way, I am thinking to place order either with Prerna or Concorde -do you guys have any opinion, which one should I go with?
@Shail1061, I tried to bargain, but seems they are little chance of getting any additional discount, my final package for EX -20K and basic accessories as mud flaps etc. What disappointed me most was music system - I will have to pay for that.
@anshuman8, how can they provide bonus without really selling the car to them? can you bit elaborate, you are also in bangalore -so if possible can you please suggest a showroom if you already have done that?

@anshuman8, how can they provide bonus without really selling the car to them? can you bit elaborate, you are also in bangalore -so if possible can you please suggest a showroom if you already have done that?
It is possible, depends on your negotiation. Yes Concorde main office is near Dairy Circle (opp Christ College). You should deal with them.

PS. tomorrow morning I will be at Concorde Silk Board to get my cars "Free" checked up at pre-monsoon camp. If you can come we can discuss. PM me your number in that case.

Thread Starter #14
Thanks @sam, ya I have also made up my mind to go with concorde dairy circle. @anshuman8, I mailed you my number, please let me know when you are planning to go there.

Top Bottom