Buying a Pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 (2011). Worth it?

Thread Starter #1
Okey... so posting after a very loooong time on the forum...

Suggestions needed:
I came across a preworshiped Xuv500 w8; White with some 32k kms on the odo. The car is registered in Jan 2012 (manufacturing may be Dec 2011, not sure)

Basically its one of my colleagues's neighbour's car.
The car is not new for me and neither for my colleague; have seen it parked most of the time outside his office when I go to meet him.

Long back I told him to tell me if any good xuv is for sale. A couple of days back he told me 'THAT' Xuv is for sale. At first I straight away said NO; simply because its from the earlier batch.
But later after giving a second thought; my mind is drifting towards this car. The main reason is that the car is in top condition and is sparingly used. And moreover its a known car. Price will be taken care by my colleague; will proceed only if I am genuinely interested in the car.

Now the thing is:
-Should I try to crack a deal for this car?

-I don't know if the car had been recalled for the niggles and problems upgrades and all. Even if not; will the warranty be transfered to the second owner if I buy this one?

-Thirdly; its almost 2.5 years old, how much deep would be the hole in pocket after the 3 year warranty gets over. Like say clutch or suspensions?

What should be the market value of this car; (MH 46)

Thanks.

Re: Mahindra XUV500 (W201): First Impressions Pg.29 Onwards

Okey... so posting after a very loooong time on the forum...

Suggestions needed:
I came across a preworshiped Xuv500 w8; White with some 32k kms on the odo. The car is registered in Jan 2012 (manufacturing may be Dec 2011, not sure)

Basically its one of my colleagues's neighbour's car.
The car is not new for me and neither for my colleague; have seen it parked most of the time outside his office when I go to meet him.

Long back I told him to tell me if any good xuv is for sale. A couple of days back he told me 'THAT' Xuv is for sale. At first I straight away said NO; simply because its from the earlier batch.
But later after giving a second thought; my mind is drifting towards this car. The main reason is that the car is in top condition and is sparingly used. And moreover its a known car. Price will be taken care by my colleague; will proceed only if I am genuinely interested in the car.

Now the thing is:
-Should I try to crack a deal for this car?

-I don't know if the car had been recalled for the niggles and problems upgrades and all. Even if not; will the warranty be transfered to the second owner if I buy this one?

-Thirdly; its almost 2.5 years old, how much deep would be the hole in pocket after the 3 year warranty gets over. Like say clutch or suspensions?

What should be the market value of this car; (MH 46)

Thanks.
find out what is the owner planning to sell it for.

warranty will be transferred or not you can find out at the mahindra call center 1800 209 6006. you can also get the service and recall details for the car if any.

clutch shouldnt be an issue as it would have been already changed if required till now. assuming the driver is sensible enough. the only issue with the suspension was the replacement of front stabiliser bushes which my RM told me that they have to be changed after every 10k kms now, dont know how true is that maybe other members can throw some light on it.

I met a person this time at the svc whose xuv has done 122000km without any kind of mechanical or electronics issue.

dont have any idea on the prices of used cars may be some research can be done at a local used car salesman.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Mahindra XUV500 (W201): First Impressions Pg.29 Onwards

find out what is the owner planning to sell it for.

warranty will be transferred or not you can find out at the mahindra call center 1800 209 6006. you can also get the service and recall details for the car if any.

clutch shouldnt be an issue as it would have been already changed if required till now. assuming the driver is sensible enough. the only issue with the suspension was the replacement of front stabiliser bushes which my RM told me that they have to be changed after every 10k kms now, dont know how true is that maybe other members can throw some light on it.

I met a person this time at the svc whose xuv has done 122000km without any kind of mechanical or electronics issue.

dont have any idea on the prices of used cars may be some research can be done at a local used car salesman.
Thanks for the reply kinshuk.arya. But its very late now; I have left that car because the owner was not willing to negotiate much. Better I would spend a couple of lakhs more and get a brand new W4.

What was the owner quoting for this I gues it would be a white color I think if the figure is below 10 that is a fair value

it is a very tempting proposition but at the same price range, one can get a brand new Ertiga. So the debate starts new vs used...

No point in answering since you have already made your mind against it. But, if it's afour wheel drive car and costs below 10L, I would recommend it instead of new Ertiga looking into the VFM factor.

Thread Starter #8
What was the owner quoting for this I gues it would be a white color I think if the figure is below 10 that is a fair value
Yes, it was a white W8. The owner was asking 10L. ODO I checked was 40k (Earlier mentioned 30-32k by my friend but he was not sure.) 2011 manufactured but registered in 2012. Had a small chat with the car's chaffur regarding any recalls or changes. He said no such changes or replacements had been done so far. This means the owner did not went for any warranty changes.

I inquired in the market the value of this car (considered 2011), the dealers quoted 9-9.5L. I quoted him 8L:biggrin: and was ready to crack a deal till 8.5L or 8.75L if the owner was ready to negotiate; but my friend says that the owner has got a 9.5L quote from some one. I left the car. Still the car is not sold.

So, dad says its better to buy a new w4 instead of this 2.5years old W8, which havent gone any replacements/changes.

Still in search for a sparingly used XUV. If I come across will crack a deal else a new w4 or w6 after some time. Till then Fluidic Verna rocks....[;)]

Last edited:
What is the price of new XUV W4 & W6 ? It is always good to buy a new car as you will get warranty for 3-4 years.
W4 is going 12.90 on road in pune and w6 is going 14 on road in pune heard goverment is going to increase exise duty next month so prices may increase further

I inquired in the market the value of this car (considered 2011), the dealers quoted 9-9.5L. I quoted him 8L:biggrin: and was ready to crack a deal till 8.5L or 8.75L if the owner was ready to negotiate; but my friend says that the owner has got a 9.5L quote from some one. I left the car. Still the car is not sold.

So, dad says its better to buy a new w4 instead of this 2.5years old W8, which havent gone any replacements/changes.

Still in search for a sparingly used XUV. If I come across will crack a deal else a new w4 or w6 after some time. Till then Fluidic Verna rocks....[;)]
Few days back a friend of mine was selling his May 2013, 13000 km on ODO Siver color W6 XUV I quoted him 10 L but he was demanding 11.30 L as he wanted to close his loan of the same amout. I felt 10L was a fair amount for the car but couldnt crack the deal [cry]

Top Bottom