Is Polo 1.2P Comfortline a Right Choice? (Total Cost of Ownership / Peace of Mind)?

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post at TAI and I am super excited about being a part of this community.

I have been dreaming about owning a car right from my childhood days. The desire to own a car has moved now to the next level as I am finally ready to own one (sincerely hoping so). Here are my requirements:

Your Budget: Max 6.5 Lakhs
New or Used: New Car
Your Location: Bangalore
Top Five Priorities: Safety, reliability, Decent Power for City/Highway drive, Comfort and moderate Maintenance Cost.
Monthly Running: 500Kms (Max)
Type of Fuel: Petrol
For What Purpose: Weekends and occasional highway drives.
Seating Capacity: 4 (5 occasionally)
Type of Segment: Hatchback

The most important thing that I want in my car is Safety' - First, Strong Build/Structural quality, second ABS, and then Airbags. Everyone (my friends and colleagues) laugh at me when talk about importance of safety in a car.[frustration]

Anyways, based on my requirement, I am considering the following cars:

VW Polo 1.2P (CL): I am inclined very much towards Polo (love the killed looks and build quality) as it meets my requirement in terms of Safety aspects, but it’s kind of expensive and little worried about Total cost of ownership (maintenance cost, reliability, etc. etc.).

Ford Figo Titanium: Figo seems like a good VFM car but I have read that the Petrol engine in Figo is very underpowered. Build quality seems to be okay.

Ritz ZXI: I like the looks, I know that the engine is one of the best, price seems okay for the ZXI variant, BUT the I found the build quality to be very bad if not pathetic (so is the case with every Maruti car? right?).

My heart says go for Polo, I can stretch my budget a little to own the Comfortline variant. Buying VW Polo is not going to be a very easy decision from financial point of view. Being from a middle-class family, it'll hurt my finances a little BUT I am ready to bear it ONLY if I’ll have peace of mind. I’ve read horror stories (breakdown, repairing cost ranging from 20K to 4Lacks) from Polo owners and something like that happens to me, I’ll be in great trouble.

So guys, please help me out in making the right decision.

Note: I haven’t test driven any car yet. I just started my driving lessons about a week back.[:D]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Is Polo 1.2P Comfortline a Right Choice? (Total Cost of Ownership / Peace of Mind

Maintenance cost will be high compared to other cars. Just so you know updated polo will be coming in july. Just cosmetic changes nothing major. So you can get good discounts on the previous model [:)]

Do take a test drive of the polo. What you said about figo is correct and ritz is too old.

Why don't you check grand i10 asta(o) better suspension and handling than other Hyundai's. Even the mileage is better in the car. Have abs plus 2 airbags.

Do ask the executives about any ongoing discounts.

Re: Is Polo 1.2P Comfortline a Right Choice? (Total Cost of Ownership / Peace of Mind

I second allhyundaicars.
If maintenance is a major factor stay away from Germans and Ford to some extent. Its all heaven till everything is working but when something goes wrong its all hell lose.
Why not swift/i20/grand/renault if you are considering polo? Also consider tata bolt if they have good ASS in your area.
I am not sure about on-road price for these vehicles in banglore ! !

Thread Starter #4

Maintenance cost will be high compared to other cars. Just so you know updated polo will be coming in july. Just cosmetic changes nothing major. So you can get good discounts on the previous model [:)]
Thanks for responding. Yeah, I am also hoping that I may get good discount in the month of July (when revamped Polo will be launched).

Do take a test drive of the polo. What you said about figo is correct and ritz is too old.
Once I complete my driving classes, I'll TD polo (June 15th >).

Why don't you check grand i10 asta(o) better suspension and handling than other Hyundai's. Even the mileage is better in the car. Have abs plus 2 airbags.
I know that the engine is top notch, but I am little hesitant about two thinks. Some may find these unlogical/silly:

1. The wide black colored door moldings spoiled the car's look for me.
  2. The Asta variant comes with engine Start/Stop button. I don't like it! I'd love to start my car using a 'Key'. :stupid:

Do ask the executives about any ongoing discounts.
Last week I walked into Hyundai Showroom in Bangalore to checkout Grand i10, I was told that NO offer at all. Not even a 1 Rupee.. [frustration]

Thread Starter #5

Why isn't VW imporves its After Sales Service and why they aren't doing something to bring down the repair/spare costs?? Heard somewhere that VW is planning to invest 800cr for localization and also that the company is planning engine Assembly In India. Is it good news?

Top Bottom