Please Suggest a Diesel Hatch For My Cousin

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

My cousin brother is planning a get a diesel hatch for his day to day use. He is working in a estate company in Delhi. His requirements are:

Car type: Hatchback.
Fuel : Diesel
Monthly run: 1500 km.
Budget : 5 - 6 lakhs.
Car Manufacturers : Anyone except TATA. ( People plzz don't shoot me for this, he is not an enthusiast like us. He is from Aam Janata category. I tried to convince him for TATA. But a big NO from him)

Car will be used for his day to day drive to office and weekend long drives.

thanks in advance.

DJD

What are his requirements bro?
I guess he would change his mindset about Tata cars if he does a TD of the Bolt or Zest.
If it's a hatch then Polo, Swift, Bolt, Grand i10, Figo are the better choices.
Base models of the compact sedans may also be available.

Thread Starter #4
What are his requirements bro?
I guess he would change his mindset about Tata cars if he does a TD of the Bolt or Zest.
If it's a hatch then Polo, Swift, Bolt, Grand i10, Figo are the better choices.
Base models of the compact sedans may also be available.
Hello DJ Bro,
If he belongs to Aam Janata category, why look everywhere!!! Close eyes & settle for swift LDI/VDI in the specified budget. [;)]
Thank you for the reply.

Drivetech, You are absolutely right. He also wants the swift LDi. But his max budget is 6 lakh. To get the swift LDI he has to stretch another 50k. At present he is looking for the Figo TdCi base version. OTR price comes around 5.5 L.

Grande I10 is good if it is petrol. But my cousin wants a diesel. So grande i10 is ruled out due to its puny diesel engine.

What about Beat diesel?

Beat diesel is also a good car with lots of equipment, but let down by a small diesel engine, which though good in city, strains on highways. He can consider the Beat Diesel too as a choice.
Also new car buyers must be concerned about safety. Swift LDi is devoid of any features. At least safety equipment like ABS should be present.

yeah Ritz is a better choice, there are many pros of buying it,
- Good resale
- MASS available all over India
- Good FE
- proven Diesel Engine
- easy on pocket to maintain.

Thank you for the reply.

Drivetech, You are absolutely right. He also wants the swift LDi. But his max budget is 6 lakh. To get the swift LDI he has to stretch another 50k. At present he is looking for the Figo TdCi base version. OTR price comes around 5.5 L.

Grande I10 is good if it is petrol. But my cousin wants a diesel. So grande i10 is ruled out due to its puny diesel engine.

What about Beat diesel?
Read through the thread till now, and Figo is the best choice. With Ford, the trick is to bargain , bargain hard and then bargain again. He will definitely get mid version if he is lucky.
Figo ticks many of the boxes -- good engine, good space , excellent handling dynamics, excellent steering and lower maintenance costs. Also mid version if I remember correctly is well equipped too.
Ask him to do a TD and decide.

Why not the Punto? With the discounts making rounds, you can just get the active variant ticking your needs.

else as drivetech4 says "If he belongs to Aam Janata category, why look everywhere!!! Close eyes & settle for swift LDI/VDI in the specified budget."[lol]

will it be a wise decision to buy a diesel hatch, since is not sure govt will or will not lift diesel price regulation?
that is completely his/her personal decision. But yes, the brent is above 110 now and the diesel prices will keep going up till the subsidy will diminish. Expect the petrol prices to drop reason being rupee vs $

Top Bottom