Looking for a New Petrol Hatch

Thread Starter #1
Well, don't get excited, it's not for me... [:D] It's for my FIL who want to replace his age old Omni. He is feeling uncomfortable to drive it these days due to the lack or Power Steering and AC. I suggested him to go for a new car long ago, and he started thinking about it now.

• Your Budget: No idea. 3-4 L I feel.
  • New or Used: New Car
  • Your Location: Chennai (Actually Kalpakkam)
  • Top Five Priorities: Power Steering, AC, FE, Low Maintenance
  • Monthly Running: Nothing regular. Just on & off trips from Kalpakkam to Chennai. Not much on highways otherwise. Maybe, they would do some trips when the car is new...
  • Type of Fuel: Petrol
  • For What Purpose: A simple family car
  • Seating Capacity: 2 Mostly, 4-5 occasionally
  • Type of Segment: Hatchback
So, the requirement is plain and simple. An AC car with Power Steering. Hence, the first one hit my mind was Alto K10. Surprised that I suggested a MS car? Yeah, that's the requirement. I don't think any feature rich car would suit him or his requirements. Rather it should be simple, easy to use and maintain and of course fuel efficient. However, what other choice do we have? Eon, Santro, Spark? I know, the choice is less and may finally drilled down to 2 options in max. Yet, I would like to see the better one.

Yes MS cars suit senior citizens best. Simply because they are not complicated.

I can shortlist 3 cars -

Alto 800
Alto K10
Wagon R (Huge discounts)
Celerio - ?

I guess these are enough options not much debate should flow.

I know you will have suggestions for various cars , whatever the car you choose go for the one with ABS and Airbag variant.

Plenty of options are there in 3-4 lakh budget. I think you forgot the most VFM new entry in the market. Datsun 'Go'.

1.Go
2.Eon 1.ltr /800
3.Santro ?(though it is age old and may be stopped in next 2 years, due to its sitting position,power,ac & driving comfort it is really suited for aged person)
4. I 10 era
5..All new Alto K10 ( Current alto k10 will be replaced with all new K10 which looks like Alto 800 /celerio in near months.
If ready to extend the budget 1 lakh more

6. Wagonr (budget need to extended little bit)
7. Micra Active
8. Ritz
9.Swift
10.Grand i10
11. Brio.

Yes. MS k10 Vxi is the best that will suit him, as per the budget you said. If he can extend his budget a little Tata Indica eV2 Diesel or MS WagonR or MS Stingray can be in his garage [I think there are discounts going on this cars.]

Thread Starter #6
Yes MS cars suit senior citizens best. Simply because they are not complicated.

I can shortlist 3 cars -

Alto 800
Alto K10
Wagon R (Huge discounts)
Celerio - ?

I guess these are enough options not much debate should flow.
Right Anshuman. 800 is out of my list mainly for it's ugly design. Wagon R & Celerio is out of budget.

I think you forgot the most VFM new entry in the market. Datsun 'Go'.

1.Go
2.Eon 1.ltr /800
3.Santro ?(though it is age old and may be stopped in next 2 years, due to its sitting position,power,ac & driving comfort it is really suited for aged person)
4. I 10 era
5..All new Alto K10 ( Current alto k10 will be replaced with all new K10 which looks like Alto 800 /celerio in near months.
If ready to extend the budget 1 lakh more

6. Wagonr (budget need to extended little bit)
7. Micra Active
8. Ritz
9.Swift
10.Grand i10
11. Brio.
I consciously ignored Go as it's unknown for now, with almost no dealership network. Nissan isn't great either, in that regard.

Eon - I am doubtful whether he would be comfortable sitting inside as the car is quite tiny and he is of good height.

Santro - Definitely! However old it may be, my most preferred and in the list.

Rest all are out of budget.

If he can extend his budget a little Tata Indica eV2 Diesel
Well, Diesel? Do you really think so?

Top Bottom