Need Help For Buying a Car For My Wife!

Thread Starter #1

TAI-ger

Suspended
Hello Guys,
I decided to buy a car for my wife since it is safer than the Mahindra Rodeo scooter that she is using.

My preferences:

1.) Budget - max 6 lacs.

2.) Priorities - Safety, easy maneuverability.

3.) Type of fuel - Petrol only.

4.) Car segment - Hatchback.

5.) Some cars are - Polo, Figo (petrol only), i20, i10, Honda Brio.

Please help!

Thanks,
Rithwik.

These priorities aren't enough to choose.
Do you need space, mileage, value, etc?
Given that you need Petrol, the Swift can also be a good option if you don't need much rear space or boot space.

Thread Starter #3

TAI-ger

Suspended
These priorities aren't enough to choose.
Do you need space, mileage, value, etc?
Given that you need Petrol, the Swift can also be a good option if you don't need much rear space or boot space.
Hello DJbro,
Milege is not any problem. rear seat space is not my priority since my wife will sit in the driver seat and my son will sit in the front passenger seat. No need for resale value and other values. Just below 7lakhs and easy maneuverability and it's the car.

Thanks,
Rithwik.

5.) Some cars are - Polo, Figo (petrol only), i20, i10, Honda Brio.
Hello rithwik,

Since you need a petrol powered motor, figo shouldn't be in consideration IMO. its a more than good diesel mill but.

Petrol polo goes in the same lines as figo. The refinement that you generally associate with petrol engines will be missed in polo. If you can afford a TSI then nothing like it.

i20 petrol - struggles for power

i10- IMO doesn't do well at high speeds. You can get it if you want to limit the driving within the city. I would rather suggest grand i10.

Swift- Better than the cars (petrol version) above except for the space at rear bench. It is cramped.

Honda Brio will be great on engine and its a drivers car. Spacious than the swift. If you are ok with its looks and small boot. It will be a good buy. You will not regret.

No matter which car you buy, Try to extend your budget in such a way that you get the ABS and airbags. [:)]

Thread Starter #5

TAI-ger

Suspended
Hello guys,
My wife decided not to go for hyundai since it is a korean company and korean quality is the worst quality(heard somewhere). What about A/T transmission. My wife needs convinience and easy maneuverability such that she could drive it easily without. She will never hit any highway. So please give the best car which suits her below 7lacs.

@Ajay Sreedhar,
The Honda Brio doesnot have A/T in the top end version. And the looks are not that good from the front.

Thanks,
Rithwik.

For ladies driving, its better to have a lighter cars which will be easily manuverable and would be lighter on wallet too. You can also consider Celerio with AMT, Wagon R, new Alto among others. Since it is from Maruti stable, you also get good service at reasonable price and vehicles are fuel efficient too.

^^ Brio comes with 2 airbags and ABS in the VX trim of A/T.
Looks are subjective so yes thats completely your choice.
I had forgot to ask if you guys could wait for the bolt and jazz?
Pricing yeah will be a suspense (especially jazz)[:)]

Thread Starter #9

TAI-ger

Suspended
^^ Brio comes with 2 airbags and ABS in the VX trim of A/T.
Looks are subjective so yes thats completely your choice.
I had forgot to ask if you guys could wait for the bolt and jazz?
Pricing yeah will be a suspense (especially jazz)[:)]
Yes, I can wait for the jazz as it is a very good car. Brio has low seating position which is not good but I am considering it also as an option.

Thanks,
Rithwik.

Top Bottom