Suggestions on Buying Used Tata Sumo Grande

Thread Starter #1
Hi Experts,
I am looking for a good old SUV type of car with budget of 2.5 lacs.
While researching I came across one Tata Sumo Grande in Pune of 2008 as manuafcturing year. It clocked almost 1,00,000 kilometers as of now. Owner quoted prize of 2.25 lacs for this car.

Is it feasible to buy 2008 model Tata Sumo Grande at 2.25 lacs?
Also any idea of how much warranty Tata provides on kilometer running.

Awaiting for your replies.

Thanks and Regards
Aniket P.Katkar

350Z

Core Team
Is it feasible to buy 2008 model Tata Sumo Grande at 2.25 lacs? Also any idea of how much warranty Tata provides on kilometer running.
The warranty would have expired anyway regardless of kilometers covered because the car in question is six years old. Moreover, if the owner hasn't taken care of replacing essential parts, it would further add up to the costs after purchasing. So it makes sense to stretch the budget a bit and fetch a lesser run and well-maintained model. Don’t forget to read our used car inspection guide: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pecting-second-hand-car-exhaustive-guide.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi,
Even i saw a Sumo Grande modified last week and stunned to see the great looks of that car. Alloys and body work has changed this car completely. Its a good choice to get a Used car which ran less than 60000 kilometers.

If it is a pune passing along with single owner and you have directly contacted the owner with no agent in between I think it’s a good deal. I think the warranty must have been expired as it either 100000 kms or 3 years whichever is earlier but I don’t think this vehicle would have an issue if driven single handedly. You can follow the above guide and can get it inspected by a good mechanic

Last edited:
It's grande mk1, you have to be worried about the wallow and poor ride quality of the car. this was addressed in mk2.

2.2 dicor is a great engine. check for engine, suspension with the help of a mechanic.

try to bargain the price as sumo grande is not a sales chart buster

Top Bottom