Is It Wise To Purchase Used Maruti SX4 Automatic?

Thread Starter #1
Namaste.

I am planning to buy one 2010 ZXI AT model of Maruti SX4. I have already seen one.

But mechanics and my friends are very much worried about the Automatic Transmission.

The test drive for 10/15 minutes didnt reveal any problem, but even then I find almost everyone speaking against choosing an used automatic transmission SX4.

Can I get some kind guidance from some esteemed members please regarding whether it is wise to proceed and if yes, under what conditions.

Thanks to all.

No man it's not wise decision at all to go for sx4 automatic. As maruti is not at all know for auto gear box you can find many difficulties later on. If you want auto car in sx4 segment then go for City, either City zX or 3 rd gen city. As Honda auto gear box is very fine and doesn't creates any problem after many years also.
As long as your query concern MT sx4 is not very successful product in Indian market and for AT no question exists.
So my openion is don't go for sX4 AT.

Namaste.

I am planning to buy one 2010 ZXI AT model of Maruti SX4. I have already seen one.

But mechanics and my friends are very much worried about the Automatic Transmission.

The test drive for 10/15 minutes didnt reveal any problem, but even then I find almost everyone speaking against choosing an used automatic transmission SX4.

Can I get some kind guidance from some esteemed members please regarding whether it is wise to proceed and if yes, under what conditions.

Thanks to all.
Welcome to TAI..As you have written it is 2010 model but what is the ODO reading?are you buying it from any dealer or from individual?Get it checked thoroughly from MASS and ask for service history.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for your kind responses.

The car was being sold by a dealer gving warranty from Mahindra Firs Choice. It was having 31000 km in odometer. But I later came to know that Mahindra First Choice has no factory in Kolkata. Moreover, these sophisticate cars should be serviced only by Maruti authorized service centres and so the waranty is virtually meaningless.

I am deciding not to go for the car, thanks to your kind guidance. SX4 AT seems to be not a good product.

My regards to all.

I am deciding not to go for the car, thanks to your kind guidance. SX4 AT seems to be not a good product.

My regards to all.
SX4 is a good product but this Automatic looks like a white elephant to me!! You will also not get much in resale later on.

The car was being sold by a dealer gving warranty from Mahindra Firs Choice. It was having 31000 km in odometer. But I later came to know that Mahindra First Choice has no factory in Kolkata. Moreover, these sophisticate cars should be serviced only by Maruti authorized service centres and so the waranty is virtually meaningless.

My regards to all.
Sx4 is good car but the cabin comfort is one concern, I thought though. And AT is big worry. And car have very poor 2nd hand market value.

Thread Starter #7
My gratitude to all for kind responses.

Regarding Manual Tansmission, I hope the prolem should be minimum.

So far as the low resale value is concerned, I myself can get that benefit as I am searching one used sx4.

Regarding cabin comfort, I didnt feel much difference between City and SX4, except the fact that in City, the leg space is a bit greater.

So I hope Manual Transmission SX4 is not that bad ?

Your kind comments please.

Thanks and regards to all.

My gratitude to all for kind responses.

Regarding Manual Tansmission, I hope the prolem should be minimum.

So far as the low resale value is concerned, I myself can get that benefit as I am searching one used sx4.

Regarding cabin comfort, I didnt feel much difference between City and SX4, except the fact that in City, the leg space is a bit greater.

So I hope Manual Transmission SX4 is not that bad ?

Your kind comments please.

Thanks and regards to all.
SX4 MT is fine. I know 2 persons who have it in my relation. Both running fine without any issues. People didn't buy sx4 because they felt that the design of the car wasn't impressive for its price. But since you are considering a used one, I think its fine.
Bargain hard, its resale value is low. [:D]

Parban, welcome to TAI. Could you share more about your requirements for the car you are in search for, and is it specific that you are looking for SX4?
The ride quality as well as comforts cannot be matched for honda city and sx4.

You sure about SX4 cause as far as I think City is far ahead in terms on SX4 .You will get better everything . Try a 2nd Generation one it will be niggle free for 1 lakh KM if not maintained properly .Think .

Why are you looking at used get yourself a new one if you have budget .

Ankit

Thread Starter #11
Thanks, jihu123 and vijay.

I have been a first hand Maruti Zen MPFI Euro II from 2003. The car has notgiven me any trouble as yet by grace of God.

But I need a more spacious and comfortable car for especially my aged mother.

I get my salary from Govt of West Bengal and they are paying me Rs 30000 approx less each month as they are having 'financial crunch'. So I can not go for a new Honda City right now.

Everyday My car runs for 1.5 km, the distance between my residence and office. Only in weekends we go out for around 50 km and occassionally for 200/300 km. So fuel efficiency is not that concern for me. If it gives 10/11 km per lt with AC, it would be ok for me.

I was searching SX4 for the above reasons.

My thanks and regards to all.

My thanks to Ankit. Yes, I am thinking of searching one used Honda City. I cant gofor a new one for the reason just explained above. But my use is very lmited.

Greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
SX4 is a car having low maintenance. Also spare parts are cheap. I've been using an SX4 MT for nearly 6 years and have had no problems whatsoever. Plus Maruti service and customer support cannot be matched. Yes resale value is low so it would be to your advantage as you will get it for a low price. Do make a thorough inspection of the car if you are planning to buy it though.

Thread Starter #14
Thanks Ankit. I s there any way of checking whether the used Honda City I choose has met any accidet or not from Honda? Our mechanics seem to test the car superficially. Is purchasing a used car always a great risk ?

Is it also corect that Honda spare parts are very expensive?

Other Honda City Owners also may reply pleaase.

My reards to all.

Has anyone had any problems with the sx4 automatics or is this all assumptions based on thin air? It's better not to say anything rather than make unsubstantiated insinuations but this is rarely followed after all bolne mein tax nahi lagta.

Top Bottom