Buying a New or Used Hatch / Sedan / SUV. Confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Confused [evil] so am I.

I had been very difficult to decide a car after the sierra sale.

The very first confusion began from new or used car.

Then came the idea of Used - Suv/Muv or New hatch/sedan.

Then almost a week ( Poor Raj , was searching for used xylo and scorpio for me) it was decided the NEW car.

Ok new which one?
1. Figo / vista
2.fiesta/ manza

3. Today's confusion - the car can be discussed at the last .

1. Figo/vista battle for a long time . Mind was not at all accepting a small car. I dont like it. No reasons . But friendly to pocket , less emi and high FE.
We have vista with one of my aunt and i have driven it for about 5k kms approx. It is a tdi though. The one i planned was qjt aka the national engine

2. Ok no hatch. A stylish sedan.
Fiesta. Just 10 days ago my sister got a fiesta for their family. The best handling but lose in the comfort dept to the manza.

Manza , my very own uncle owns it and i have driven almost half of its kms. You have a owner ship report on the forum too.

Now the manza is more developed with features and priced exactly the same as the fiesta.

I plan for the base model in these . so the battle begins.
Both the cars are 6.90 On road pondicherry today for diesel

Fiesta - lxi
Manza - LX

On the side note a tempting offer from ford figo - 75k discount for figo middle varient making on road 5.5Lak on december 2013 model.

Ok does it stops here. No. Tata showroom has a manza vx model ( yeah with abs ebd & dvd touch screen etc etc ) december 2013 model.
The on road without any discount is 7.60L and i have pushed for the 70K discount as given by ford. Yet to get answers from them

The regular model's discount will be informed by Monday.

Does the confusion stops here. No. Read on.

On calculating the Loan , one the bank had a excellent offer ( yet to apply) the eligibility and other criteria matched and hence i can buy a car upto 7.50L On road

So what.
The Sumo Gold Ex stands at 7.90L . Discounts yet to be announced .
I hope this comes into the radar too. This is just a sumo with dual ac. No goodies like that pampers the Manza.
This is the 3rd car that add's to the confusion.

Totally confused [confused]
Manza for goodies + comfort + FE
Sumo for just the go any where nature . Ah i am used to my sierra the best car ever i had.

Which one??
Hope so i decide by the end of the month!!!!!!!!!!

Mod - Title can be changed after the purchase .

350Z

Core Team
Re: A car without a Name

Ilango, welcome back. Before deciding on a car, I'd recommend to decide the requirements first. You can never choose a suitable car unless the exact requirements are clear.

Drive Safe,
350Z

legroom or luggage room which is your priority ?
How many members will travel ?
Rear comfort or driving pleasure which one takes first place for you ?
Performance or mileage or both you want ?
big car @ low price or safer car even if the price is high ?
what do you want enjoy my ride or resale value ?

if you have answers for the above questions, then just check which one ticks most of your requirement then go for it.
even the vehicle is bad at safety, mileage, comfort, performance and ride quality, just to have a SUV, then Sumo Glod EX should be your ride.

even if it costs a bomb shell, please do go for the car that comes with ABS, EBD and Airbags(atleast front).

what about premier rio that comes with fiat engine now ?
RiO | India’s Most Fuel Efficient SUV#

why no to brands like fiat or suzuki or renault or nissan or datson or hyundai or honda or toyota or mahindra or cheverolet.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
yep i agree. The requirement just varies every second.

One moment the monkey in me thinks of FE
A FE + many goodies supplied with the car like CD player , central lock + remote + power window blah blah blah all for 6.95 On road price discounts to be discounted later on

Another monkey in me says the Sumo Gold - Go anywhere attitude , small cars (even the Auto's ) stopping to give way for my sierra . Bare basic big car Suv with just Dual ac.

Fiesta for its handling.

Summing it up its again mind battling between err some thing . I am bad in expressing haha

Ok to pause this confusion i am traveling around Karnataka from tomorrow on official work.
Time for some deviation [;)]

even the vehicle is bad at safety, mileage, comfort, performance and ride quality, just to have a SUV, then Sumo Glod EX should be your ride.

even if it costs a bomb shell, please do go for the car that comes with ABS, EBD and Airbags(atleast front).

what about premier rio that comes with fiat engine now ?
RiO | India’s Most Fuel Efficient SUV#

why no to brands like fiat or suzuki or renault or nissan or datson or hyundai or honda or toyota or mahindra or cheverolet.
Not bomb shell , Manza LX & sumo gold gx cost almost similar. Sumo being 50ish k greater

Strictly no other brands from service point of view.

legroom or luggage room which is your priority ?
How many members will travel ?
Rear comfort or driving pleasure which one takes first place for you ?
Performance or mileage or both you want ?
big car @ low price or safer car even if the price is high ?
what do you want enjoy my ride or resale value ?
Call me Mad if i answer "Both" in most of your questions.

Bit biased toward FE Manza or FE fiesta classic just for one answer.
Need to drive a Lot .

I dont have a definite KMs that i will try to cover up per year , but i use the every opportunity to drive.
Driving makes me [:D]. Hope my old friend here knows about me [evil]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude you have your choices and requirements spilled over all different catagories[;)]. Lol

But if you are looking for decent FE and space then i would suggest yoy go ahead with Manza.

Also what exactly is your budget range. It will help us serve you better. [:)]

ilango[speed thirst];383223 said:
it may be 10 if 2015 LOL.
Then better to wait for next year [;)]
Actually you may end up seeing some new models next year which are highly fuel efficient with offroading capabilities and handling (like Toyota Rush?)

Last edited:
I second what srinivas has suggested above.
But if the requirement is urgent my vote will be for sumo gold. It has become a heart throbe of many personal users now with its refined engine and improved other aspects like handling, ride quality and FE.
Guess you will love every bit of it because you enjoyed owning a sierra.

the current generation gold is leaps and bounds ahead of the old sumo. i travel in a white colour gold gx with body graphics. the driver floors the pedal in the highway and the 3.0 liter engine responds with out any hestitation. even the brakes felt good. the space and comfort everything is good. go for the 84 ps version and it's good for indian highways.

First of all you decide few things,

- how much do you travel in month or year
- petrol or diesel
- no. of people travels regularly
- City : Highway ratio
- ready to wait for few months for market to get you another option.

Reading above threads, I think you can go for vivid range, right from TATA Nano to TATA Safari[;)]

Thread Starter #15
Couldn't believe myself that you sold Sierra.
Even i cannot believe.
The sierra cannot be forgot.

To add fuel , i am now driving my uncle's Manza as they are on tour to Goa in Bus(volvo B7)

This car is punishing me[evil]. I negotiated curve at high speed twice yesterday night , feeling it is just 30 or 40 kmph , the real was 70 ish

Brakes--> i press them as in sierra and this thing locks up the wheels[evil]

And most important , i has to reduce speed for small poth holes Oh , it was small for sierra no for this girl [:D]

Thank you all for the wishes. I think i may take the delivery by 29th or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom