Planning to Buy Tata Indica eV2 Diesel - Need Suggestion

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI members,

I am planning to buy new Tata Indica eV2 Diesel [LX variant]. Please post comments if you are owner OR driven this car for Short/Long trips OR has some ideas regarding this car.

WHY THIS CAR ?

- Cheapest Diesel hatchback in this segment with some good features.
- Not interested more than 5.5 lacs on NEW car.
- Not interested in USED cars.
- Best in class mileage [heard from many cab drivers]
- Good space
- Ample of service station in INDIA
- Not very expensive spares [heard from many cab drivers]

My daily commutation is around 60 kms [some monthly/bimonthly long trips may tick ODO to 5000 kms a month]

If you are owner, please can you tell me WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO BUY THIS CAR ? [roll]

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello Amit, your requirements suggest that you need a VFM vehicle with good features. Tata indica ev2 could be the ideal choice. After driving indica vista for more than 3 years, I am satisfied (Met my requirements)[:)] and I would certainly recommend people to check tata cars during their new car purchase.

You cant go wrong with the Indica, it's a proven product and the current discounts which Tata's are throwing will only be an icing on the cake. so if your eyes are set on Indica then go ahead and buy it.

Hi Amit,

Indica eV2 is indeed a good car. The CR4 Engine is also very good. Only thing on the flipside is visual appeal and interiors.

If you are fine with it then Indica eV2 is very good car. Remember when HorizoNext was launched, the eV2 and Indigo were refereshed and there were updates around gearbox and clutch upgrade (if I mistake not). Thus making these car much better than thier predecessors.

So, if you want to go for max VFM, eV2 does make sense.

Just below 6L would be the vista quadrajet base LS variant, and with discounts you would not have to extent much from your said budget.
See whats on offering on vista quadrajet and whats its on road price if its within your reach would suggest you to go for vista.

Hope i am stepping in just at the right time..[:)]
We have just replaced our family workhorse tata indica Lsi(petrol) and have picked up a Tata Indica ev2 LX (BS3).
We chose this for obvious reasons like good mileage,lesser running costs,cheaper spares etc...
Ours is a NA BS3 IDI version which is a tested and proven unit which has scored the trust of millions.
And yes if you take the CR4 (BS4) version it is newly launched and it is yet to prove itself.
So if you are more inclined towatds CR4, as suggested by Vijay above , slightly stretch your budget and go for vista Quadrajet.

Thread Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback.

I may not be able to stretch my budget, neither VISTA suits my requirement. Few thing I would love to see in my budget is Power Steering, Power Windows, Auto OVRM adjustment, audio system, alloy wheels.

This car suits my budget and the features I am looking for. The only thing I am much worried about is the ride quality, handling, engine quality [CR4]. Can anyone give a brief on it.

Also the VISTA engine is designed by FIAT whereas Indica CR4 engine is not, correct me if I am wrong.

As far as (any model) indica is concerned there is nothing to worry about ride quality and handling cos it is proven since many many years. I myself have travelled in /driven our indica for many miles, sometimes say 500 kms at a stretch and never felt tired at all.

And yes quadrajet is the engine from Fiat & CR4 (Comman rail, 4 cylinder) is a pure tata engine.

This car suits my budget and the features I am looking for. The only thing I am much worried about is the ride quality, handling, engine quality [CR4]. Can anyone give a brief on it.
If Indica is satisfying your needs then please go for it, it's ride quality is very plush and the engine is a proven unit too.

The life and story of Indica had been a very strange one with lots of ups and downs. The basic styling of Indica remains the same after 15 years in production. It is robust ,less fuel hungry ,can be abused, VFM car. All said, just think ,would you invest in a car which is decade old and looks outdated. At the same cost I would suggest Beat Diesel/Ritz LDi with a better mileage and stylish looks for a young person like you.The power windows /stereo can be put aftermarket as per your choice.
Indica may be off the shelves once Bolt come in to picture.

Top Bottom