Looking For a Car For a Person with Slip Disc

Thread Starter #1
HI All,

My father has been recently diagnosed with Slip Disc and since it is also the time to change his car (been driving an Alto from the past 12 years), we are looking for a car.

Requirements:
0. Good Back Support
1. Preferably Hatchback
2. Monthly running 300-400km
3. Once in a while usage of Highway. 90% City driving.
4. No specific preference for type of transmission.
5. At least Basic Safety gadgets. ABS and dual Air bags.

Thanks a lot in advance

My FIL has same sort of back problem. He personally says maruti cars suits him in general and Wagon R suits him best in particular. Suspension setup of maruti hatches are suiting his requirements. Important that ingress and egress should be effortless for such persons. So wagon R is good i feel. Take a test drive of various cars for seating comfort before zeroing on one.

Since your father is having the slip disc issue I would suggest let him check all the cars individually by having a test drive and check the comfort level. i20 has a good cussioning for the seats as well as suspensions are also great but please check other options as well.

Thread Starter #4
My FIL has same sort of back problem. He personally says maruti cars suits him in general and Wagon R suits him best in particular. Suspension setup of maruti hatches are suiting his requirements. Important that ingress and egress should be effortless for such persons. So wagon R is good i feel. Take a test drive of various cars for seating comfort before zeroing on one.
I would have suggested him the Wagon R itself but the issue comes with safety equipments. none available in the Wagon R

Since your father is having the slip disc issue I would suggest let him check all the cars individually by having a test drive and check the comfort level. i20 has a good cussioning for the seats as well as suspensions are also great but please check other options as well.
Thanks Konkantrip. Will ask him to TD himself the options which he thinks are best for him.

Your father may need a tall and comfortable seating.
So I guess the WagonR may be the best option. The Nano is also a good city car, given that it has been upgraded a lot and has tall seating and great space.
The i10 is also worth a look.

I would suggest the car that have straight and higher seating posture . example are Ritz and Wagon R. Both are pretty good. Go for the one which suits your dad.

Last edited by a moderator:
A fully loaded maruti Ritz would serve all the purpose, a tall boy hatchback so ingress and out gets easy for your father, with all the safety equipments that you are looking for.
WagonR you can get ABS as optional on its Vxi trim.
Take your father and test drive the cars and see which one he feels comfortable in.

I found a Wagon R Vxi with ABS on road yesterday in TN. Please check with maruti if they provide the same with Vxi as optional.

Last edited by a moderator:
If comfortable and supportive seat is all that's needed then it has to be BRIO. The driver seat is fantastically supportive and will offer all the required comfort.
Else it has to be Swift, the front seats of Swift have got decent comfort and are very supportive too.

And if one needs a combination of well cushioned seats with a soft suspension setup(my recommendation here) then the car has to be i20. It has got decent seating comfort and soft suspension setup is a boon. In the cases like slip disc, a softer suspension is more important than more cushioned seats and this is where i20 scores higher than all.

Top Bottom