Need Advice on Buying Mahindra Verito Vibe D6

Thread Starter #1
My friend planning to buy Mahindra Verito Vibe D6.
My friend right now owns Maruti Suzuki Swift VDI. He has a family of 5 people(all adults). In Swift, they can't sit with comfort especially in rear seat, only 2 person can fit with legs squeeze.
Priorities:
Good Diesel Engine
Good Head Room
Good Leg Room
Comfortable Seats for long drives
Decent Bootspace
Rear seat that can fit 3 people

My friend planning to buy Mahindra Verito Vibe D6.
My friend right now owns Maruti Suzuki Swift VDI. He has a family of 5 people(all adults). In Swift, they can't sit with comfort especially in rear seat, only 2 person can fit with legs squeeze.
Priorities:
Good Diesel Engine
Good Head Room
Good Leg Room
Comfortable Seats for long drives
Decent Bootspace
Rear seat that can fit 3 people
Price Range and type of Car ?

Five full sized adults in a hatchback. [thinking] So basically the back-seat legroom and headroom is a priority. Well instead of the Verito Vibe, tell your friend to check out two-three more cars which have decent amount of space and will fall in the budget as well.

First is Toyota Liva. Although it looks little tiny from the outside, the car has lots of space on the inside and would be my first option if I were to travel with 5 adults on-board in a hatch.

Secondly do check out the Hyundai i20. It too has fair amount of space in the back-seat both for head & leg and its wide as well.

Thirdly, ask him to wait if he can for the launch of the new Tata Bolt & Tata Zest which I'm sure will fall in his budget. The under-pinning are those of the current Vista but with newer technology, better looking both from inside & outside and with tons of new features. Back seat comfort and space wise it will beat any in the competition. Should be out anytime after September.

Thread Starter #5
Five full sized adults in a hatchback. [thinking] So basically the back-seat legroom and headroom is a priority. Well instead of the Verito Vibe, tell your friend to check out two-three more cars which have decent amount of space and will fall in the budget as well.

First is Toyota Liva. Although it looks little tiny from the outside, the car has lots of space on the inside and would be my first option if I were to travel with 5 adults on-board in a hatch.

Secondly do check out the Hyundai i20. It too has fair amount of space in the back-seat both for head & leg and its wide as well.

Thirdly, ask him to wait if he can for the launch of the new Tata Bolt & Tata Zest which I'm sure will fall in his budget. The under-pinning are those of the current Vista but with newer technology, better looking both from inside & outside and with tons of new features. Back seat comfort and space wise it will beat any in the competition. Should be out anytime after September.
------------------------Vibe-------Liva------I20-------Vista
Length ----------------3991mm-3775mm-3995mm-3795mm
Width -----------------1740mm-1695mm-1710mm-1695mm
Height ----------------1540mm-1510mm-1505mm-1550mm
Wheel Base ----------2630mm-2460mm-2525mm-2470mm
Bootspace ------------330ltrs --251ltrs ---295ltrs ---232ltrs

Last edited:
Well those figure's do paint a nice picture in favor of the Verito Vibe. But its not one of the more contemporary looking cars around in the market. Plus it hasn't really clicked sales-wise as well from the very time of its launch. If your friend is OK with the looks and back seat space and a tad bigger boot-space is all that he is looking for, I don't see any reason to not go for it.

In this budget of 7.5Lakhs, you can also look at mid variant(LX) of Tata Manza QJD if hatchback is not an absolute priority. Much bigger boot-space, generous amount of space inside the cabin as well and is a comfortable place to be in during long drives, specially the back seat.

But personally I would still go for something like a Hyundai i20 which ticks most of the boxes or maybe just wait for the Tata Bolt & Zest to arrive in the market.

With sales figures of ~281 ( last six month average) Verito Vibe is a dud in the market. It is just a matter of time when M&M will pull the plugs off.
In the coming months there are many cars slated for release, am sure there would be one more suited and meeting your friend's priorities.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I will vote in favor of i20 if budget permits. The 6 speed Manul is a breeze, and you really get B class features like Chiller, Displays, Better stereo etc.

Also, It could be worthwhile to wait for tata BOLT and ZEST.

Mahindra's sales are from their utility vehicles, even their verito sedan is not able to push sales charts, which even failed their attempt in its hatchback version vibe.
yes its a same length,width car as verito is with chopped off boot.But with the current scenario you never know when mahindra might pull of the production of this car.
Test drive other hatchbacks and decide, and if not in a hurry wait for tata's bolt and zest launch.

Is your friend open to MUV. Because 5 adult in a hatchback is uncomfortable.
I would suggest Maruti Ertiga LDi.
Or he can also look into used car. Used Innova / Xylo can be add to the list.

Verito Vibe is surely a failed model and never know when Mahindra pulls the plug for it.

I suggest him to look for alternatives.

One answer .Don't go for that .This is a car that is failed before it was released. The reason being the unpopular design.New Swift VDi can easily seat 3 in the back .Its not as cramped as it looks.

Top Bottom