Selling Scorpio (2013) and Buying Safari Storme. Is it Worth?

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI-ns,
I know that there are so many reviews about both vehicles. Here I want to know from the owners that is Storme worth? I have bought Scorpio In 2013 and somehow i am not satisfied with the vehicle in terms of comfort and on road dynamics, there is a lot of movement in the vehicle and my father gets a feeling of Nausia everytime he drives with me. Generally my father uses his Qualis. So whats your thought about my situation. I am keen towards Safari Storme.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Selling Scorpio(2013) and buying Safari Storme. Is it worth?

Well Safari storme is a wonderful vehicle. I own it and none of any of the passengers who have travelled with me in my car over 100 kms drive have complained of any nausia.

However, would like you to TD storme extensively with your father before you take a descision. You would get some suggestions of going for XUV as well.

Its finally upto you.

I have limited experience on Scorpio, sat only for brief period that too good 3 years ago. So do not want to compare the ride of scorpio 2010 model to that of 2013 model.

My old experience with Scorpio and storme is that storme is hands down winner. But again selling a 2013 model and going for a new vehicle, not so sure.

Well buddy Safari Storme definitely has better ride quality as compared to Scorpio. It's just that Scorpio has more movement than storme. The only place i like in Scorpio is the driving seat[:)].

What model of Storme are you looking to buy?

Hello TAI-ns,
I know that there are so many reviews about both vehicles. Here I want to know from the owners that is Storme worth? I have bought Scorpio In 2013 and somehow i am not satisfied with the vehicle in terms of comfort and on road dynamics, there is a lot of movement in the vehicle and my father gets a feeling of Nausia everytime he drives with me. Generally my father uses his Qualis. So whats your thought about my situation. I am keen towards Safari Storme.
Thanks.
  • First check the air pressure on all the tyres on your Scorpio to make sure they are not overinflated. If not fully occupied, 30psi gives you good ride. Get the wheels balanced and aligned, if required.
  • Visit a Mahindra showroom and take another Scorpio for a drive to rule out any specific issue with the suspension system in your vehicle.
  • Go visit a Tata showroom, take an extensive Test Drive with your father, on the route you usually take the Scorpio.
  • If you are not satisfied, go and book a Duster/Terrano, after having tested the ride comfort, again with your father on board.

Yeah, the Scorpio always has such problems. The Storme will be much better, but the only disadvantage of Storme is the absence of proper 3rd row seats. It has only jump seats. I guess you can even try the upgraded Aria for an overall Flexible UV.

i would suggest you drive a duster / terrano before signing the dotted ink with the Storme.

just curious what made you buy the scorpio in the first place? by 2013, the storme was already available.

Hi
There are different solutions and their various impacts. Dome solutions as follows -
1)Keeping Scorpio doing modifications. It will be less heavy on pocket.
2)Scorpio has already depriciated much. Assuming you have ran 10k on the odo. It will sell around 9-10 lakhs and again invest your money in a similar vehicle. Safari and Scorpio are similar SUVS. Will be heavy on pocket and as you have purchased a vehicle previous year you may feel too early to sell a vehicle.
) Leave Scorpio, Safari buy another SUV in similar range like Innova, XUV500, Ecosport, Duster or it's twin Terrano. For sedan Honda City only choice.
Ankit

As you got many options to think first and rule out scorpio's ride quality,check the tyre pressures first,suspensions on your car, check with the dealer and see is it the same you and your father experience on other scorpio's.

Top Bottom