Should I Buy Ertiga or Wait For Mobilio? Need Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
Hi

i have a Santro xing 2006 & a Dzire vdi 2012 & now i am planning to replace santro with a new car . i live in a joint family & have 8 members & 2 kids.

i have shortlisted Amaze & Ertiga(both diesel) but when i show both of these to my dad, he rejected amaze as he says its still 5 seater & we already have dzire. i also agree with him.

for Ertiga i am confused as Honda going to introduce Mobilio in next few month.
should i wait for Mobilio or Ertiga is good to go with ?

I would suggest to wait for the Honda mobillio.
Ertiga is best VFM product as of now. As i owned a ZXi for last 10 months with 11000 KM .

I beleive after the Honda lunch , Maruti will definitly adjust price or add some more feature to the Ertiga.

if you feel Mobillio is good then you can go for that otherwise Ertiga is always there.
So wait for 2-3 months, the picture will more clear for you.

Ertiga is sure VFM. If you are planning for Diesel variant [Zdi] then you will praise with the performance of it.

Apart from that it has few cons like,
- less space for third row,
- less space for second row when third row seat is folded for luggage space.
[This problem will still be there in Mobilo].

Mobilo is an extended version of Amaze with bigger tyres.

Nissan Evalia is also MPV in the same price range. TD Evalia for comparison.

But still Ertiga remains at top position in the segment.

The Ertiga is by far the most compact proper MPV in India. Seats 7 adults of avg height comfortably by adjusting the seats accordingly. Smoothest engine and great refinement among the current MPVs.
Sure, the Mobilio will be a bit more spacious and powerful, but will severely lack refinement and interiors. The interiors are absolutely basic and too much cost cuttings. Just one thorough comparison between engineering of Honda City/Amaze with their rivals will reveal all the truth of Honda using it's knife.
I personally think the Mobilio exterior design is fussy and ugly.
The Ertiga has a more upmarket feel and feels a properly engineered MPV.
Maruti's A.S.S also gives a good peace of mind.
I am expecting them to add some more features to the Ertiga like parking sensors/camera integrated touchscreen system, etc.
It's better you wait for the upgraded Ertiga.
But one suggestion sir, 8 members and 2 kids seems to be overload even in a 7 seat MPV. Please don't overload any car sir as there are only 7 seat belts available. Suggest everyone in the car to fasten their seat belts.[:)]

It is worth waiting for the Honda Mobilio, but only fall out maybe increase in Ertiga Prices which was reduced post budget in Feb.

go for a proper MPV /Suv. Best option is Innova. Options as per my knowledge in order below.
If you are in a tight budget go for a used Innova or check out from Sumo gold to top in a reverse order.

1. Innova
2. Xylo
3. Scorpio
4. Sumo Gold

Thread Starter #7
But one suggestion sir, 8 members and 2 kids seems to be overload even in a 7 seat MPV. Please don't overload any car sir as there are only 7 seat belts available. Suggest everyone in the car to fasten their seat belts.[:)]
I like your suggestion, i never go above seating capacity, as we have 2 cars & when we have to go in some function with 6 or 7 members then we go in 2 cars .(as there is always at least 2 person remain home else we did not found anything in our home on next morning [glasses]) so we are planning to get a 7 seater so that if there is 6 or 7 person then can fit in a single car. while 90% there is only 1 or 2 person travel that's why i did not wish to go for bigger & expensive SUV other then this i like Ertiga's interior & car like driving.

I like your suggestion, i never go above seating capacity, as we have 2 cars & when we have to go in some function with 6 or 7 members then we go in 2 cars .(as there is always at least 2 person remain home else we did not found anything in our home on next morning ) so we are planning to get a 7 seater so that if there is 6 or 7 person then can fit in a single car. while 90% there is only 1 or 2 person travel that's why i did not wish to go for bigger & expensive SUV other then this i like Ertiga's interior & car like driving.
Sure sir, you will never be disappointed with the LUV. Fantastic value and flexibility. Go for it![:)]

Wait for the mobilio launch. If you like the car in flesh, you can go for it. But if you dont, (like the bland interiors as Honda India is notorious for), you may get Ertiga. By then, Suzuki might throw in some additional features due to competetion.

Thread Starter #10
as per suggestion from most of people i have decided to wait for another 2-3 month as in that way Ertiga is still here & i have another option of Honda Mobilio, as i like Ertiga more then mobilio due to good quality interior but still i have decide to wait for few month in hope that maruti add some more feature to Ertiga like auto fold-able rear view mirror & automatic climate control. Thanks to all of you [:)] for giving good suggestion & helping me in making a decision

Bro, there are some news about upgraded Ertiga with additional features launching soon.
Have to wait to see whether it's true.

Parveen, I would suggest to wait for the Mobilio launch just so that Maruti decrease Ertiga prices and then you can buy ertiga[;)]
Though Ertiga is 2 year old model, its interior styling still looks better than Mobilio. And even though Earth Dreams churns more power (100BHP), it lacks (cluttery engine sound) refinement of MJD (89 BHP) and a solid punch in mid range.

Bro, there are some news about upgraded Ertiga with additional features launching soon.
Have to wait to see whether it's true.
The updated Ertiga is already available i guess in indonesia?

Last edited:
The updated Ertiga is already available i guess in indonesia?
No bro, the upgraded version seems to have 50:50 split folding 3rd row seats, Bluetooth, ACC, etc.
But still, it is not confirmed.

Thread Starter #14
hi Friends,

I have purchased new Ertiga VDi on Sunday, driven around 60 km & i can say its a very good car.

will share some pic soon.

& thanks all of you for suggestions.

Top Bottom