Had a brief Look & Test Drive of the Elite i20 last Saturday.
First saw the car thoroughly inside out. The things which impressed me are
1. Looks Elegant and will impress person of all ages
2. Car looks longer then old car but is shorter.
3. Bright colors look pleasing compared to sober colors.
4. Interiors are again plush and not too trendy
5. Fit & Finish is good throughout and plastics have good feel to them
6. Seats are more supportive (Front & Rear)
7. Boot space is good again like the old car
8. Tail lamps have attractive LEDs in them.
Things which disappointed me
1. Window line is higher, short persons will not like it.
2. Rear seat space especially if tall persons are in front
3. Rear AC vents are useless IMO
, since they get blocked when 3rd passenger is sitting
4. No soft touch plastics
After seeing it, I asked for Test Drive and the SE was very prompt in answering my questions. Test Drive car came and off we went.
As soon as we stepped inside car, AC was set for full speed with Recirulation on. It was Hot outside. The engine is barely audible, After iVTEC & K Series engines, this might be the most refined engine. I haven't Test Driven Polo GT TSI though.
Gearshifts are smooth and slick and need very less effort to shift. Clutch is light as is the steering. Car pulls well once you pass 1300-1500 rpm, post 3000rpm the car will struggle to maintain speed if gear isn't changed. Keeping it in the boil will make the most of this engine. It isn't as free revving as K series or iVTEC though. Drove for around 6 kms on rough & smooth roads and the ride quality is good. Handling though improved over earlier car isn't in the league of Polo, Figo.
So then, Initial Impressions are good and I like it much compared to earlier version. But, I will wait for Honda to launch Jazz and then decide.