Hatchback Options For Rs.5.5 Lakh (Comparing Chevrolet Sail U-VA)

Thread Starter #1
I am looking for a Hutchback in 5.5 lack budget. Please help me pick one. Below given are my requirements.

1. I am looking for a car that comes for a long run, so am not keen on resale value.
2. I dont like to go for Maruthi cars, not a personal choice.
3. Good boot space.
4. Petrol variant, good on economy and maintenance
5. I am a novice, so not sure on what kind of engine requirements should be, however, am looking for a vehicle with a decent torch for bumper to bumper driving in city conditions and study drive comfort on long
6. I was checking the feedbacks on Chevrolet Sail UVA, but not keen if its a good choice.

Please suggest.

My suggestion in Hatchbacks would be Honda Brio, Hyundai Grand i10. In compact sedans they would be Honda Amaze, Hyundai Xcent. All cars have same engines, gearbox. Amaze and Xcent have bigger Boot.

Xcent & Grand i10 are feature packed while Amaze and Brio are Fun to Drive. Rear seat comfort is also slightly better in Amaze then Xcent. The brown coloured dash has gone and it is now full black. So my choice Definately would be Honda Brio / Amaze. I own the former too and its a "Brilliant Little Car"

I would suggest you to wait for the Tata Bolt/Zest, given there is a new Turbo petrol launching.
Else, the Grand i10/Xcent petrol will be good.

Honda Brio ticks all your boxes except the bootspace ofcourse. If you can live with the brio boot, its a gem of a car. If its not urgent, if you can wait, I would feel you are better off doing so. Tata Zest and the "KING OF PETROL Hatches", Jazz will be out. Jazz is only if you can wait till year end:tongue:

I am looking for a Hutchback in 5.5 lack budget. Please help me pick one. Below given are my requirements.

1. I am looking for a car that comes for a long run, so am not keen on resale value.
2. I dont like to go for Maruthi cars, not a personal choice.
3. Good boot space.
4. Petrol variant, good on economy and maintenance
5. I am a novice, so not sure on what kind of engine requirements should be, however, am looking for a vehicle with a decent torch for bumper to bumper driving in city conditions and study drive comfort on long
6. I was checking the feedbacks on Chevrolet Sail UVA, but not keen if its a good choice.

Please suggest.
Go for Honda Brio, as Ajay mentioned. Or wait for 6-7 months for new Honda Jazz.

Sail UVa hatch back is a decent car provided you settle for chinese plastics and weightless doors (to give increased mileage). however, the positives are beautifully (if I may say) designed front side elevation (similar to Cruze), plenty of cargo/interior space and mileage of 21 km on highways but 16-18 km in city (Diesel with A/C on) but negatives are ugly at its rear..no driver seat height adjustments, centered diesel tank, non availability of most accessories and spares in cities and worst service centers (in Madurai, TN)...but i would go with the Honda Amaze or Toyota Etios and the higher end VW polo..

Honda Brio if boot space is not an issue or go for the elite i20. I took a test drive of the new i20 and feature wise and driving experience are all top notch.

Top Bottom