Second Hand Car For About Rs.2 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys

I current have a first hand alto clocked at 33000km its a 2007 model LXI "petrol"
a few minor dents and scratches of course [:D]
i plan to sell that "any clue how much i might get for it "

now im aiming for a corolla or a old honda accord or the honda city the dolphin one

more keen on the Corolla though but all suggestions are open

its gonna be a family car and CNG is gonna be installed cause at times
the car will go about 300-500 km in weekly-10 days

so go head guys :D

The Alto might sell anywhere between 1.3- 1.6 lacs depends on whom you sell.

Of the choices you have Corolla will be good, but no idea about spares and service cost.

Honda City if you want go for NHC ZX model (2006 and above) or ANHC model (2009 and above)

Resale value for cars varies from location to location. At Coimbatore 2006, Alto Lxi will get fetch 1.5L if it is in top notch condition and 1.25 it is not so well maintained.

Bigger cars surprising have lower resale value & for 2 Lakhs, you might be able to get even a 2005/2006 Corolla or City in decent shape. Please look out for Optra & UVA kind of cars as well which are good in terms of comfort - but have poor resale value.

Thread Starter #4
hmm so can anyone give me feed back about the corolla ?
cost
service
spares
etc?

well my cars engine is VERY good smooth gears are good everything maintained
bad part is there are dents on the car i was thinking of patching it and selling it
will it kill the value?

Sorry for the late response. Just stumbled upon your thread now. Well given your budget and your weekly running, putting a CNG kit will be a valuable addition. Now which car to get a CNG kit is the main question.

You can get it fitted in a Corolla or an even the second gen Honda City but I would recommend to look out for a Maruti SX4. I am sure you will stumble upon one of 2007-08 make with-in this budget. Spare costs will be surely lower than the likes of Corolla or the City and I've seen many SX4's running on CNG kits absolutely fine for many many kilometers.

Regarding your own Alto, I would advice you to keep the dents as they are if they are not huge and be genuine to the person your selling to and let him know the fact that you didn't get any sort of things done and the car is absolutely stock. Re-painting would surely depreciate the cost of the vehicle. If the new owner would want it, he will get the car painted himself.

Thread Starter #7
Sorry for the late response. Just stumbled upon your thread now. Well given your budget and your weekly running, putting a CNG kit will be a valuable addition. Now which car to get a CNG kit is the main question.

You can get it fitted in a Corolla or an even the second gen Honda City but I would recommend to look out for a Maruti SX4. I am sure you will stumble upon one of 2007-08 make with-in this budget. Spare costs will be surely lower than the likes of Corolla or the City and I've seen many SX4's running on CNG kits absolutely fine for many many kilometers.

Regarding your own Alto, I would advice you to keep the dents as they are if they are not huge and be genuine to the person your selling to and let him know the fact that you didn't get any sort of things done and the car is absolutely stock. Re-painting would surely depreciate the cost of the vehicle. If the new owner would want it, he will get the car painted himself.

well yeh i thuoght abuot hte sx4 as well but it goes 3lakh+ i did check olx though

i am looking forward ot a Corolla but im unable to find it at such a good price
but after fitting the CNG is the car good enough?
does it kill the engine or anything at all ?

hmm yes you are right about the alto il try doing that :)

350Z

Core Team
I current have a first hand alto clocked at 33000km its a 2007 model LXI "petrol". a few minor dents and scratches of course
i plan to sell that "any clue how much i might get for it "
Alto holds a reasonable resale value. Your car can easily fetch over Rs.1.5 Lakh considering it is well-kept and doesn’t have major dents. Try to deal with an individual.

now im aiming for a corolla or a old honda accord or the honda city the dolphin one

more keen on the Corolla though but all suggestions are open

its gonna be a family car and CNG is gonna be installed cause at times
the car will go about 300-500 km in weekly-10 days
Unless the reason for exchange is running alone, it doesn't make financial sense to swap Alto for a bigger car. Your current car can serve for much cheaper with CNG installed. However, if bigger car is indeed a requirement then it's important to remember that maintenance and overall costs will be much higher than an Alto. More so considering it will be a second hand car. I'd advice to look out for new-like used sedans which have a likelihood of less wear and tear (therefore less predicted after-purchase expenses) as well as some of them might be covered under standard warranty too. Such options include Fiat Linea, Chevrolet Aveo, Ford Fiesta Classic, Honda City etc.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
hello

thanks for the word on alto @350z
but a bigger car is required and i do understand the maintenance i was looking for
the best low maintenance car out of these.
and surfer

well i dont plan to get a esteem or boleno already owned a esteem when it was out

so planning to get something for 2lakh
im locked on the corolla though

Top Bottom