Need Advice on Buying Used Maruti Ritz VDI

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am buying Jan-2011 MH-14 registered Maruti Suzuki Ritz VDi 41000 KM driven for 4,33,000 including all charges from Mahindra first Choice in Pune. Insurance is valid till Feb-15. This car has 15" alloys and JBL Speakers. I have just booked this car, final payment and other formalities are yet to be done. Need advice of all respected veterans.
Here are some photos, please advice.

Pankaj

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
the car looks decent and the price is right for 41k kms. just check svc for major damage,/accident and you're good to go!

check service report from any MASS to ensure there were no major incidents(Engine problems etc). if it is a coastal city driven vehicle, check underbody for signs of rust as well.

Hi you can buy this car but triple check that wiring of JBL speakers was done with care and if possible take it to a MASS for checking any engine problem. Also remember to check service history and RC.

Ankit

Thread Starter #5
Hi,

Mahindra Fist Choice is giving 15 thousand KM Comprehensive warranty, which includes almost everything related to engine, suspension, Gearbox, AC and 24X7 road assistance. 1 free service and Rubbing Polishing and internal cleaning.

Pankaj

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hi,

Mahindra Fist Choice is giving 15 thousand KM Comprehensive warranty, which includes almost everything related to engine, suspension, Gearbox, AC and 24X7 road assistance. 1 free service and Rubbing Polishing and internal cleaning.

Pankaj
Thats a superb deal man[clap]
Congrats, waiting for your Ownership deatailed review and buying experience.

Thread Starter #7
Thats a superb deal man[clap]
Congrats, waiting for your Ownership deatailed review and buying experience.
Thanks, just need advice on tires as I think need to change, SA said those are good and will run more 7 to 8 thousand Km. Your thoughts?

Pankaj

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thanks, just need advice on tires as I think need to change, SA said those are good and will run more 7 to 8 thousand Km. Your thoughts?
Pankaj
Yes they DO look well for about 7k Kms by pic. However with upcoming monsoons, you may need to replace them by 5k KMS for sake of safety. Those alloys look sexy however I feel the wheels are installed with Spacers which may have negative impact on suspension and Fuel eco.

There are also Minor Dings and dents on the car, but its ok as its an old car.
Do Upgrade the Headlights to HID if possible. Also, the car comes with a subwoofer or you plan to install one?

Some of my links-

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...oo-detailed-review-decals-audio-led-mods.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ue-boy-hyundai-i10-magna-detailed-review.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...5-subwoofer-honest-review-car-home-audio.html

Ritz OEM Headlights are insufficient for highway use. if you drive on low beam, side visibility is low. that's my experience. upgrade is recommended.

Thread Starter #10
Ritz OEM Headlights are insufficient for highway use. if you drive on low beam, side visibility is low. that's my experience. upgrade is recommended.
Hi,

What is your recommendation about headlights, please suggest.

Pankaj

Thread Starter #11
Yes they DO look well for about 7k Kms by pic. However with upcoming monsoons, you may need to replace them by 5k KMS for sake of safety. Those alloys look sexy however I feel the wheels are installed with Spacers which may have negative impact on suspension and Fuel eco.

There are also Minor Dings and dents on the car, but its ok as its an old car.
Do Upgrade the Headlights to HID if possible. Also, the car comes with a subwoofer or you plan to install one?

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...5-subwoofer-honest-review-car-home-audio.html

How much it will cost for Headlights upgrades to HID.

Car does not have subwoofer, it has 6 speakers, so might think about subwoofer after few months

Pankaj

Thread Starter #12
Hi you can buy this car but triple check that wiring of JBL speakers was done with care and if possible take it to a MASS for checking any engine problem. Also remember to check service history and RC.

Ankit
Thanks,

I didn't check the wiring but its working fine.

Pankaj

bhvm

Honoured Member
How much it will cost for Headlights upgrades to HID.

Car does not have subwoofer, it has 6 speakers, so might think about subwoofer after few months

Pankaj
A Chinese 35w HID KIT costs 5.5k. The Same Branded Kit costs 8k. However There are too many Duplicates/fraud in Branded kit so I will suggest Chinese kit. Make sure you Buy Bi-Xenon Kit which supports Both High beam and Low beam. Please stick to 4200K Colour temperature (Natural) and Not 6000k (which causes more glare and damaged to eye)

Other Option-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...headlights-upgradation-figo-3.html#post376843

If your Car has 6 Speakers, I do not suggest going for a woofer again as this will eat up all the Luggage space.

Last edited:

Top Bottom