Ritz Zxi or Figo Titanium or Grand i10 Asta

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAIans,

I am planning to buy a hatch in next 3-5 months from now. Currently I have a 2 year old Alto K10 and I am totally disappointed with it. I want to make sure this time I take a right decision in picking the right car for me as I don’t have any plans to upgrade for next 5 years. My usage will be around 500-600 km per month (80% in Bangalore's heavy traffic); hence diesel car is ruled out. My budget is 6 lakhs OTR (OTR prices in Bangalore is higher compared to other places) and below is my requirement:
1. Good Fuel Efficiency & Low Cost of Maintenance: Considering the ever increasing petrol prices, good fuel efficient engine is my top priority. At the same time I do not want to pay premium for maintaining it. A car with a minimum cost to maintain on a longer run is what I will be looking at.
2. Space & Comfort : Comfortness while driving is what I am missing in my Alto! I am 6 feet tall and feel very discomfort while driving even during small drives. So looking for a car which has good interior space for both driver and rear passengers (Should have decent leg room and shoulder room).
3. Handling & Ride Quality : The car should handle well both in city and on highways. As I mentioned before, I will be driving mostly within the city. So looking for a car which can maneuver easily in the heavy traffic without causing much stress and at the same time should be fun to drive (stability at high speed) on the highways. I know I cannot expect outright performance in this segment but a decent handling and good ride quality (good suspension) is what I need.
4. Others Factors : Good AC & Music system (Since I am looking top variant, car will come with factory fitted music system. As far as I have heard, these will not be that good. I don’t want to upgrade, so would like to have a decent set).

I have shortlisted:
Ritz Zxi
Figo Titanium
Grand i10

Please suggest me which fits best to my requirements.

Ritz-Good fuel efficiency, Maintaince less. Not a good engine when compared to other. Less space

Grand i10 - uneffective AC. Mileage petrol in summers on lower side and Maintaince sometimes on higher side. Music system and features good

Figo-Good Fuel efficiency and comfort. Best AC. In class. Comfortable. Maintaince on higher side and not good for bumper to bumper.

Consider Brio
It has space, Good Fuel efficiency, Lower Maintaince cost and good music system and comfortable.

Ankit

1) Good Fuel Efficiency
Ritz > Grand i10 > Figo
Out of all Figo is worst car coming to fuel efficiency, My neighbor reported 10KMPL for his petrol figo
If petrol dont go for Figo

2) Low Cost of Maintenance
Ritz> Grand i10 == Figo

Hyundai Service is a bit costly it true you have to be cautious while giving to service they may add all unnecessary stuff.
3) Space
GrandI10 > Figo == Ritz

you will surprize to find lot of space in grand i10, all praises for its small engine bay.

4) Comfort
Grand i10 > Ritz > Figo

Figo even dont have back side power windows
Dashboard is too thin and make you to feel as cheap car.
Grand i10 is true VFM coming to features
5) Handling & Ride Quality
Figo > Ritz == Grand I10

Grand i10 may lose here but still it's good
6) Others Factors
Grand I10
- AC is a bit poor in grand i10
+ Quality is top notch in grand i10

Ritz
- Fit and Finish is very bad in Ritz just open Boot lid you can make easy difference comparing to Grand i10
+ The Best Engine in lot Power + mileage

Figo
- At times it give you a cheap car feel of not having Back power windows, Poor Dash board design, Thin doors and Poor paint quality
+ It will beat all coming to handling and stability

Out of this Lot Grand i10 is true All rounder and the best one to choose

Ritz-Good fuel efficiency, Maintaince less. Not a good engine when compared to other. Less space

Grand i10 - uneffective AC. Mileage petrol in summers on lower side and Maintaince sometimes on higher side. Music system and features good

Figo-Good Fuel efficiency and comfort. Best AC. In class. Comfortable. Maintaince on higher side and not good for bumper to bumper.

Consider Brio
It has space, Good Fuel efficiency, Lower Maintaince cost and good music system and comfortable.

Ankit
I beg to differ about Ritz. Don't say its not a good engine.That 1.2 L 4 pot engine can carry you anywhere. The refinement is also very good. That engine can be abused. Your experience may be from K10 3 pot ,which is different.

But for you, inside city travel,Ritz is not required . I would prefer Brio auto for you. You may need to extend a little bit of your purse strings.[:)]

Last edited:
My take::

Figo:: Not advisable for Petrol

Ritz:: Good engine, spacious(compare to Swift) but body roll you have to bear with it.

Gi10:: Hot hatch in market but F.E could be a concern as old i10 & i20 were reported low FE. AC should not be a problem in B'lore.

As, mentioned by Ankit try your hand on Brio it won't disappoint you on driving mechanism. [;)]

Please take back to back test drives. These budget Hatchbacks has their pros & cons and you need to decide which affects you most

1) Good Fuel Efficiency
Ritz > Grand i10 > Figo
Out of all Figo is worst car coming to fuel efficiency, My neighbor reported 10KMPL for his petrol figo
This is due to 160 cc AC inside the car . My i20 has 120 cc and gives 6-7 KMPL in summers so you can except mileage around 7-8 KMPl in grand i10
Figo figures are usually around 10-11 KMPl .Best mileage is of Brio 12-13 KMPL in city .Its engine is a gem .

Ankit

Last edited:
Petrol Figo is thirsty, Ritz is very old now. It was launched in 2009, before Figo 2010. Grand i10 is good.

Figo is spacious, rides & handles brilliantly and has Best AC among 3. The downside is dated looks, poor GC. Build quality is better then other two because the plastics don't rattle in Figo while they do rattle in Ritz. Ritz and Grandi10 petrol engines are very good, so i would vote for Grandi10.. Why not check Swift Petrol, its better car then Ritz IMO. Brio is also brilliant little car if you don't mind tiny boot.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hyundai Service is a bit costly it true you have to be cautious while giving to service they may add all unnecessary stuff.
are you certain that only hyundai does this ?

take a look at this : my cousin's ritz diesel first paid service costed him 12000 rupees.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ars-20-000-kms-zero-issues-27.html#post373383

another screenshot from *******
Screenshot - 03-04-2014 , 19_33_13.jpg

your statement was not correct that's why i posted this. it's not just hyundai it's every service center.

gives 6-7 KMPL in summers so you can except mileage around 7-8 KMPl in grand i10

Ankit
i still don't understand how do you get such a low mileage. my petrol verna gives better mileage then this and grand i10 users have reported mileage of 13-14 kmpl in their respective threads.

i still don't understand how do you get such a low mileage. my petrol verna gives better mileage then this and grand i10 users have reported mileage of 13-14 kmpl in their respective threads.
Even I don't understand the root cause of problem .The car is running good and will be soon going for third free service and lets see what they say about this .

Ankit

The discussion here is true.
Hyndai cars are less fuel efficeint.
It greatly varies based on driving style.
I heard one of relative reporting 12-13kmpl for i10 Auto where as some other reports less than 10kmpl

I thought even grand i10 petrol is not an exception, but my assumptions seems to be wrong.
Lot of petrol users reported healthy 12KMPL on average.

I own Deisel grand i10.
It is good but not the best coming to fuel efficeincy.
if drive sedatively it can return 24kmpl(100% AC) on highway for my driving stylei got on average of 21kmpl on highway(60-40 AC) and 15-17kmpl(40-60 AC) in city.
I am ok with this but not truely satisfied.

I expect it to be 23+ and 17+ respectively considering its 3 cylinder 1.1 engine.

Hyndai engineers done great job[lol]
Just they chopped one cyclinder from i120 thats how both engine oil capacity is 5.3 litres[;)]

personal opinion:
Though i am Honda fan boy Some how i dont like Brio car.
It too Kanjush car particulary i hate Tiny boot + Glass rear door + poor thigh support and cramped rear set up.
truely its not a family car but its an good city car.

Coming to Grand i10 it can truely compete Dzire and Amaze coming to interior space barring boot space

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Ankit
Thanks Ankit for suggesting Brio! Yes even i loved the Honda the moment i saw it and also read lot of positive reviews. But i am little worried about the boot space it offers and also the feature set is not impressive compared to other 3 cars. However i have to admit that i wasn't aware of it's FE, seems pretty good compared to others.

But i have to differ with your statement of Ritz having not good engine. I believe it's K-series engine is only second to Honda's i-VTEC and definitely better than Figo and i10s.

Thread Starter #12
Out of this Lot Grand i10 is true All rounder and the best one to choose
Thanks TurboZone for the details. Yes i agree with you as it appears Grand i10 is surely an all rounder and was both my and my better half's first choice. But I have a major concern if it's fuel efficiency is as bad as i am reading on the forum. Also the high maintenance cost factor is making me think about it many times. [confused]

Thread Starter #13
My take::

Figo:: Not advisable for Petrol

Ritz:: Good engine, spacious(compare to Swift) but body roll you have to bear with it.

Gi10:: Hot hatch in market but F.E could be a concern as old i10 & i20 were reported low FE. AC should not be a problem in B'lore.

As, mentioned by Ankit try your hand on Brio it won't disappoint you on driving mechanism. [;)]

Please take back to back test drives. These budget Hatchbacks has their pros & cons and you need to decide which affects you most
Hi BrioLover, i want to ask for your experience with Brio assuming that you own a Brio! [:D] Let me know if you think i will have issues when it comes to driving position comfort and ingress/egress because of my height? Also is the FE and maintenance cost better than Ritz?

Thread Starter #14
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I was out of town and had no time to check for responses. I really love the new Swift but somehow i strongly feel it is overpriced. I did not consider Brio because of space constrain (tiny boot & also rear space is not comfort for long rides) but i wasn't aware of its FE. So i will rethink at this option. Figo & Ritz were natural choices because of their success in the market. For the moment my heart (and my wife!) says Grand i10 but my mind is not convinced yet.
I will start doing back to back test drives in coming weeks and decide on my buy.

Hi BrioLover, i want to ask for your experience with Brio assuming that you own a Brio! Let me know if you think i will have issues when it comes to driving position comfort and ingress/egress because of my height? Also is the FE and maintenance cost better than Ritz?
Hi Arun,

Yes I own a Brio and it soon to be a Year old.[clap] Coming to your points:

Even I am a 6ft tall and I don't have any problem with Ingress or egress However this could be subjective based on individual preferences so, would suggest to take a ride.
Brio's broad base gives more confidence in driving

F.E should be competitive with Ritz but do checkout the Body roll in Ritz(Toll boy design) which may damper the Highways spirits. Maintenance cost should be same.

Boot space is a concern if you have a frequent Highway trips however it can easily accommodate a Medium size suitcase and bag as boot runs deep. The look of Brio is deceptive small outside big inside.[;)]

Take a test drive and decide.

Top Bottom