Need Advice For (Premium?) City Hatch!

Thread Starter #1
Hi, I'm going in for a nice hatchback car that I will use for city driving mostly.
I have a very long list of options now and I can't seem to choose.
Ideally I'd like to spend 5-7.5 lakhs on my car but I can stretch up to 8.2 maximum if it's really worth it.
Currently my list is these cars.

Beat Diesel LTO | On Road : ₹6,01,540
Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Option | On Road : ₹7,06,480
Chevrolet Sail UVA LT ABS : ₹6,69,780
Maruti Swift ZDi | On Road : ₹7,05,250
Nissan Micra Diesel XV Premium | On Road : ₹8,02,170
Hyundai i20 Asta 1.4 CRDi | On Road : ₹8,16,608

The important factors for me are the features, servicing (should be reasonable), spare part availability and cost, car should be stable (no major complaints) and resale value.

Please help me analyse the cars as I need to make the purchase soon.

Re: Need advise for (premium?) city hatch asap!

When are you planning to get sir?
Can you wait till June as Tata's new cars Bolt and Zest seem to be great cars and could be worth a TD?

Thread Starter #3

Hey, I'm in the need for a car in the next 2-3 weeks. I can't wait that long for the launch.
Also I don't really want a tata car, I have an indigo cs already.

Swift ZDi will be mt choice for you as Maruti's service is available anywhere and it'll come up with all essential features.

bhvm

Honoured Member

hyundai i20
or i10 grand.

chevy srv with racing kit if you can find it .

Thread Starter #6
Swift ZDi will be mt choice for you as Maruti's service is available anywhere and it'll come up with all essential features.
Is there a facelift for swift coming soon though?
And what about features in the car?
Compared to the grand i10 the swift has a smaller boot and less features.

hyundai i20
or i10 grand.
Can you list the reasons why? What sets them apart?

chevy srv with racing kit if you can find it .
I'm only going in for brand new, first hand cars. So I don't think the SRV is an option. Also why would I need a racing kit?

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member

Can you list the reasons why? What sets them apart?

I'm only going in for brand new, first hand cars. So I don't think the SRV is an option. Also why would I need a racing kit?
i20 and i10 grand are really touching The B class due to exclusive features like-
chilled glovebox
dual headlights (i20)
gear suggestion
6.5 inch speakers (good bass )
rear ac (&feet )
6 speed gearbox (i20)

I would pick Swift over i20. i20 is too old and will be replaced with new model later this year. Swift isn't as loaded as i20 but all the essential features are there and the thing that sets it apart from i20 is the way it drives, just brilliant. Steering is much more responsive, grip is good and doesn't have bounciness of i20. So Maruti Swift Diesel its then. If you're ok with a 3 cyl engine, have a look at Polo which has good FE and is brilliant to drive.

Hi IwantaCamaro
If I were you, I would go for Chevy. Does not have too much power, but in the city who cares about power anyway[:)] Looks brilliant inside out and I like chevy after sale service. Has had positive experiences so far.

Thread Starter #10
i20 and i10 grand are really touching The B class due to exclusive features like-
chilled glovebox
dual headlights (i20)
gear suggestion
6.5 inch speakers (good bass )
rear ac (&feet )
6 speed gearbox (i20)
What about servicing and spare part costs?

I would pick Swift over i20. i20 is too old and will be replaced with new model later this year. Swift isn't as loaded as i20 but all the essential features are there and the thing that sets it apart from i20 is the way it drives, just brilliant. Steering is much more responsive, grip is good and doesn't have bounciness of i20. So Maruti Swift Diesel its then. If you're ok with a 3 cyl engine, have a look at Polo which has good FE and is brilliant to drive.
Isn't the swift going to be updated in 2014? In terms of driving, I am yet to try the i20 but I have driven the swift and I find the driveability to be fairly nice.

With regard to the Polo, I will not buy a wolkswagen as the servicing cost and spare part cost is too high.

Hi IwantaCamaro
If I were you, I would go for Chevy. Does not have too much power, but in the city who cares about power anyway[:)] Looks brilliant inside out and I like chevy after sale service. Has had positive experiences so far.
I completely agree that it looks amazing and the service is good. But isn't the resale value a bit on the lower side?
I would like to add however that sometimes I will take the car on the highway when I visit Chandigarh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #12

my sister owns both. each service with oil change is like 3.5k. spares look reasonable unless you bang up somewhere.
Banging the car is not likely, but it is possible considering Delhi traffic and the cab drivers here. Nevertheless scratches are very common here. But with regard to 3.5k per service in diesel? That sounds very reasonable. I currently pay 2.5k on an average per service of my etios.

Hi Iwantacamaro,
Swift ZDI without a doubt.Its not for nothing that's it's the best seller for 5 years in a row.The best handling car which puts a smile on your face every time you unleash it.The engine is reliable,the service is at par with i20.The only detriment is that this year a facelift with stop start button,auto fold mirrors,DRL and Rain sensing wipers is coming.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Thread Starter #14
Hi Iwantacamaro,
Swift ZDI without a doubt.Its not for nothing that's it's the best seller for 5 years in a row.The best handling car which puts a smile on your face every time you unleash it.The engine is reliable,the service is at par with i20.The only detriment is that this year a facelift with stop start button,auto fold mirrors,DRL and Rain sensing wipers is coming.
Regards,
Aneesh.
Is it confirmed? When is the updated version coming?

Hi Iwantacamaro,
Regards,
Aneesh.
The Update is expected in June/ July i think but not immediately. Since you're not ready to wait, Swift would be the best option.

Regarding Polo, its service is only in 1 year/15000 kms. Same is with i20 but Hyundai includes labour charge while VW doesn't. My brother who has a 2011 Hyundai Verna Petrol pays more for service then i pay for my 2013 Skoda Rapid Diesel

Top Bottom