Looking For a Used Car – Budget 3 Lacs (Bought Skoda Octavia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Alright guys so I am in the market looking for a used car for my personal use. I have been using XUV till now II mean ever since i returned from US) and it has already done 30K in 1.5 years. Eon is being used by my dad and the R15 by my brother. So I am left with nothing but XUV. So finally I have decided to get myself a used car for now and give DRACO a rest and use it for family trips or out of town trips.

My Requirements, well not that clear but I’ll try to add them up[;)].
Condition: Used
Fuel: Diesel
Type: sedan/hatch
Safety: Disc brakes, ABS will be a plus, airbags plus
Rest: good mileage, good ac, comfortable for 4 atleast

So far I have shortlisted these cars:
1. Swift
2. Octavia – I won’t have any issues finding spares. I have very good resource
3. Optra - I won’t have any issues finding spares. I have very good resource
4. Dzire
5. Fiesta
6. Figo – Not sure but will give it a look
7. Fabia – Shall I consider it?

So are there any other options i can look out for? What can be the best deal in can get in this budget.

Need to make a quick decision and get myself another car in this week.

Re: Looking for a used car – Budget 3 lacs

Diesel car for 3 lacs budget is a little hefty task, but still you may get a good car for that budget.

- Old generation Swift Diesel & Dzire [lower variant] is good to have.

- Regarding Octavia, you can get this car but it might be too old or some accident record. [As per my experience]. Also maintaining this car will be headache if its not your luck day.

- Same story with Optra/Optra Magnum.

- Fiesta Classic can be a good choice.

- I am not sure that you will find much Figo in market as used.

- You may not find Diesel Fabia much in market in used condition. If found cost may be a little high.

As per my experience you can get good diesel car within 3 lac budget from the list below;

-Ford Fiesta/Ikon-TDCi
-Maruti Suzuki Swift/Swift Dzrie
-Tata Indigo CS/eCS/Vista
-Hyundai Ascent Viva
-Chevrolet Beat
-Mahindra Logan/Verito

Re: Looking For a Used Car – Budget 3 Lacs

3 lacs for used diesel will get you abused ones only. If you are based in UP try getting from NCR you can get a cheaper deal.

How much would you drive per month on this ? I guess petrol used one will be better bet.

Thread Starter #4

Plz check my replies in bold
Diesel car for 3 lacs budget is a little hefty task, but still you may get a good car for that budget.

- Old generation Swift Diesel & Dzire [lower variant] is good to have.

- Regarding Octavia, you can get this car but it might be too old or some accident record. [As per my experience]. Also maintaining this car will be headache if its not your luck day. - Actually Octavia's are the only good car's i have come across in last 2 days.
- Same story with Optra/Optra Magnum. -

- Fiesta Classic can be a good choice.

- I am not sure that you will find much Figo in market as used.

- You may not find Diesel Fabia much in market in used condition. If found cost may be a little high.

As per my experience you can get good diesel car within 3 lac budget from the list below;

-Ford Fiesta/Ikon-TDCi- Had a look at 2 fiesta's yesterday but the cars didn't appeal me. But definitely in list.
-Maruti Suzuki Swift/Swift Dzrie- Not able to find a decent one as of now. Have lined up few more to see tomorrow.
-Tata Indigo CS/eCS/Vista Don't want to touch a used TATA except safari.
-Hyundai Ascent Viva- saw one in red but the guy was asking a lot of money.
-Chevrolet Beat Not interested in this one though
-Mahindra Logan/VeritoDon't like the car
3 lacs for used diesel will get you abused ones only. If you are based in UP try getting from NCR you can get a cheaper deal.
Actually i feel the opposite, NCR region price is slightly on the higher side.

How much would you drive per month on this ? I guess petrol used one will be better bet.
My running will vary and would be around 1500-2000 kms per month.

Last edited:

Singh saab now its my turn to reciprocate and help you solve your query, though I think I will confuse you even further on this. [;)]

Given your set of requirements as well as high monthly running for the car, it has to be a fairly reliable machine. Maruti Swift & Swift Dzire would suit you the most but the asking price would be high for these cars as they tend to have higher re-sale value. Plus you would be getting the previous gen model 2009/2010 make which didn't have the safety features even in the top VDI model then.

maruti suzuki swift dzire vdi - Delhi - Cars - Shakarpur

Else I would advice you to add one more car to the list, i.e. Fiat Grande Punto. This is one tank like built machine and an exceptionally beautiful looking car even today i.e. 5 years after its launch in India. Drives and handles beautifully and is fairly reliable as well only let down by poor A.S.S from Fiat. The good part about this car is you would be able to get a newer model and at a relatively lower price than say a Maruti Swift. It would be great if you can get hold of the top end Emotion variant which comes with Airbags and ABS as well.

Fiat Punto White 2010 Diesel . Excellent condition - Delhi - Cars

Sale of fiat grande punto diesel - Delhi - Cars - Sarita Vihar

The next which you already have lined up in your list, i.e. Ford Figo.

A very practical car with a nice diesel engine and doesn't enjoy high re-sale value in the second hand market as well. Long term reliability of this vehicle seems to be decent as well as I've seen a few friends of mine clocking beyond 1,00,000kms in it without any major trouble. Lower ground clearance is a little concern as it easily bottoms out and the engine oil pump/ gear box oil pump breaks easily and if you do drive on bad roads, I would advice you to stay away from it. You could easily find a top end variant with safety features within Rs. 3-3.5 Lakhs.

Ford Figo ZXI Diesel 2010 , New tyres,Alloy,Music system.Excellent Condition - Delhi - Cars

P.S. - Links of used cars are just for your reference on the price points for various cars in NCR region. Hope it helps.

Thread Starter #6

Thanks GM88 for your input buddy.

But after TDing a lot of vehicles one thing is clear, i am going for an Octavia. Damm good car. The turbo kick, ride quality, handling and the presence is just amazing. After driving around 15-20 cars (swift, optra, fiesta, accent and couple of more) octavia took my heart away.

I have 3 cars to look today. All 3 are 2005-2006 models and done actual mileage between 72K-78K.

One of these cars has a service record till now from and single owner. Will be checking out them today and get back to you guys.

Please double check the mileage part as 70-80K is very less for a 8-9 year old diesel car. Skoda parts are damn expensive.

Thread Starter #8

Please double check the mileage part as 70-80K is very less for a 8-9 year old diesel car. Skoda parts are damn expensive.
I have checked 2 cars and both of them are single owner and orignal reading for 1 is 78k and the other one is 72k. Waiting for the third one to come.

I really don't care about the parts buddy, I am not going to take 9 year old car to skoda for any parts replacement, I have very good resources from where i can get all the parts.
My cousin just got his rear shockers and bushes changed yesterday for Rs 4000/- only.
He has 2004 octavia rider with 75k on the ODO.

So not worried about parts and maintenance.

Thread Starter #10

Sorry guys for not updating the thread, running real busy with some work.

The good news is that i have bought one already.

And its a 2005 Skoda Octavia - Rider - 77000 kms. Red Color.

Rest will update pretty soon. Gotta run for a meeting.

Thread Starter #11

After checking around 10-15 cars. I finally choose this red rocket. Though i was open to other cars as well but always liked the Octavia. I was checking the cars in Delhi/NCR but somehow didn't get a good deal and people were asking lot of money for anything i liked[anger].

So finally i called my cousin in Saharanpur as he knows some good dealers. He told me about 2 octavia's white and red. I straight away left for Saharanpur. And next day checked both the cars. And after TDing both the cars finalized the red octavia.

It is 2005 rider model with 78000 kms on ODO (Orignal - no meter back) for 2.5 L.

The engine looked really good and suspension was not bad as well. Interiors were ok but needed some cleaning (not a big deal -better than the cars i looked in Delhi) and the good part is that it has Delhi license plate.

Here are some pics after i washed and polish the car. Will be putting more details in a bit.

Attachments

Congratulations on your used car .Get is polished and waxed ,Make it like a new car . It has also been nicely modified .

Ankit

Thread Starter #14
Re: Looking For a Used Car – Budget 3 Lacs (Bought Skoda Octavia)

Thanks Ankit. Yes I am going to get it polished Followed by rubbing in a few days.

So far I have given it one coat of polish.

congrats Singhji! it is looking rather nice. are you going to keep the stripe? and the rims? because personally i feel it could do with better rims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom