New 7+ Seater For Rs.16 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys, my relative needs to buy a new car, and even I am struggling to come up with an ideal solution!

Requirements:

At least 7 seats
Cost around 16 lakhs
Mainly for use in Delhi, occasional long distance journey
Must have decent boot space even with 7 passengers
Acceptable fuel economy in the city
Comfortable suspension
Spacious (one of the future passengers has mild claustrophobia)
Reliable (obviously)
Reasonable maintenance rates
Good resale value (Not a top priority)

Since the car will most likely be driven personally rather than by a driver, it should be user friendly, which is why the Xylo has been ruled out.

I know it's a bit of a specific list, but I'm sure nobody can help me better than TAI-gers! [;)]

Re: New 7+ seater for 16 lakh

Most of your requirements ticks in favour INNOVA.

Hi guys, my relative needs to buy a new car, and even I am struggling to come up with an ideal solution!

Must have decent boot space even with 7 passengers

[;)]
You need a carrier on top for descent luggage if all 7 passenger are travelling most of the time.

Thread Starter #3
Re: New 7+ seater for 16 lakh

Most of your requirements ticks in favour INNOVA.

You need a carrier on top for descent luggage if all 7 passenger are travelling most of the time.
Thanks for the suggestion...since you own a Safari Storme, do you think it would be a suitable choice here?

As long as the Innova has space for a few small suitcases behind the seats it should be ok...

Hi Viru. According to your relatives requirements 2 car's come in my mind. 1st is XUV but you require boot space when all seats up, so it can be leaved.
2nd is Innova perfect vehicle for you except Taxi Image. Safari can be considered but not a proper seven seater

Ankit

Thread Starter #5
Hi Viru. According to your relatives requirements 2 car's come in my mind. 1st is XUV but you require boot space when all seats up, so it can be leaved.
2nd is Innova perfect vehicle for you except Taxi Image. Safari can be considered but not a proper seven seater

Ankit
Thanks! I guess Innova is the primary suggestion, Taxi image is something we can circumvent by choosing a good colour and a few tasteful accessories [;)]

Why is the Safari is not a proper 7 seater? Is it largely different from the Safari Storme?

Thanks! I guess Innova is the primary suggestion, Taxi image is something we can circumvent by choosing a good colour and a few tasteful accessories [;)]

Why is the Safari is not a proper 7 seater? Is it largely different from the Safari Storme?
It is same. Check pic below and say if it is proper 7 seater. Be ready to visit doctors daily.

Ankit

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
It is same. Check pic below and say if it is proper 7 seater. Be ready to visit doctors daily.

Ankit
Wow! That's nearly as bad as the old Sumo! Definitely out of the question!

I was hoping the Chevy Enjoy, Nissan Evalia or Ashok Leyland Stile would fill this void, but they're all simply too ugly and bus-like, while the suspension setup wouldn't do the spine any favours...

This makes me miss the old Toyota Previa!

For boot space, some luggage can be shifted to roof mounted carrier.
What's the height of sixth & seventh passenger.?
If they are sub 5.5 f, xuv, Aria, innova , force one could be the possible choices.

Why do you think the xylo is not user friendly?

Check Sumo grade with front facing 3rd row. It was coming with 8 seater option, might do some justice with the title of the thread (7+seater).

Thread Starter #10
For boot space, some luggage can be shifted to roof mounted carrier.
What's the height of sixth & seventh passenger.?
If they are sub 5.5 f, xuv, Aria, innova , force one could be the possible choices.

Why do you think the xylo is not user friendly?

Check Sumo grade with front facing 3rd row. It was coming with 8 seater option, might do some justice with the title of the thread (7+seater).
Yep, but roof carrier will be a last resort.

6th and 7th passengers are around 5 foot 4 women...hasn't the Aria been discontinued?

Xylo's engine is rough as old boots, and you can only use it between 1,500 and 2,500 rpm before it sounds like the valves are going to make creases in the hood! Also the gearbox is very vague and notchy.

Seating arrangement for Grande is pretty good, the extra height of the vehicle should help make 3rd row passengers feel less trapped. Engine is not very powerful for it's size but torque output is good, especially for a flat curve which should make it more efficient. But the rear leaf springs are a bit of a let-down.

I will definitely keep the Grande in mind though, it seems like a fair deal.

Innova seems to be the best choice for you, eyes closed.

Since you mentioned the car will be driven personally and not by a chauffeur, take a TD of the XUV and the Aria as well. You will enjoy driving these cars more than the slow and sluggish Innova. Also, these cars are more VFM than the dated Innova.

Aria is not discontinued. In fact they were going to launch it with some image correction.
For 5.4 f, Aria & xuv both are good.
Grande is 2.2 lit Dicor same as Safari.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
what you need is xuv500 w8. it's a pure drivers machine and has loads of useful gizmos to keep you hooked.

innova is simply a taxi with Toyota premium. xylo has huge body roll and isn't a peppy one either. safari storme is good if you can stand last row and lack of features.

also look for used fortuner in that price bracket.

My immediate suggestion for their budget is the Aria, which is more value than the Innova now and also gives better efficiency and power than the Innova and also in safety equipments. If they can overlook the MPV-ish looks, it is the best car for 7 people in the price range. Given that TASS is also much improved now, it could be the best choice. I guess they don't need 4X4 system, so the Pleasure 4x2 is the best variant.[:)]

I found XUV more delightfull than Aria from driver's POV.

If the rear female passengers are middle aged then they will find Grande, XUV, Aria more comfortable.

Top Bottom