VW Polo Highline 1.2 Petrol - Decision Pending [Now Purchased]

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

After a week long research and comparison, I have almost decided to go with the Polo petrol highline. It may sound strange but I did all the work sitting here in Dubai. VW SE guy from Thrichur arranged a test drive to satisfy my parents and cousin(who had great influence in the final decision) and after the session the green signal was on..!!!

Always wanted a petrol car since I am expecting less than 1000 kms per month.

Things had most influence in the decision to go with the Polo 1.2 Highline:

1. Ride quality
2. The VW nameplate
3. Looks
4. Good enough feedback from my cousin- the test driver(he drives a swift btw)
5. Feedback from a friend who is using a Polo 1.2 TDI
6. Good enough fuel efficiency
7. Good enough feedback from the online community

Had final negotiations and managed some freebies like insurance, floor mats, mud flaps and car cover(Which I think is impressive). Final OTR for white highline 1.2 petrol is 6.82L after all discounts.

Will have to pay ~4000Rs. extra to make the insurance B2B.

Any suggestions for the further steps? I mean, anything to be discussed with the SE person or any add on accessories.? I am ready with the cash and planning to get the delivery by the coming week as the white color is readily available. Also I am planning my vacation in the first week of April so will love to see the new beauty in my garage.

Further to that a 2% saving will be there on the road tax if registered before 31st March.

Waiting for the expert comments before I go ahead with the payment next week.

Re: VW Polo Highline 1.2 Petrol - Decision Pending

Hi all,
Had final negotiations and managed some freebies like insurance, floor mats, mud flaps and car cover(Which I think is impressive). Final OTR for white highline 1.2 petrol is 6.82L after all discounts.

Will have to pay ~4000Rs. extra to make the insurance B2B.

Any suggestions for the further steps? I mean, anything to be discussed with the SE person or any add on accessories.?
Ask for free AMC i.e. annual maintenance contract for two/three years
Ask for corporate discounts. Since you are paying in cash, ask them for dealer discount etc.

Thread Starter #3

Ask for free AMC i.e. annual maintenance contract for two/three years
Ask for corporate discounts. Since you are paying in cash, ask them for dealer discount etc.
Just talked to the SE guy, he said he will try to get an AMC, I asked for 3 years. Waiting for his confirmation. [:)]. No more cash discounts he said.

Congrats on finalizing Polo 1.2 Petrol Highline. So did your SE include the AMC package in the deal? If he does include it for 2 or 3 years it surely would make for a good deal overall. Do let us know on the updates.

Thread Starter #5

Thanks guys.... Unfortunately no further offers were made by them still I went ahead with the purchase. Got the delivery of the car today and waiting for 3rd of April to get hands on the machine.

Congrats sanjuvply on your new Polo. Wishing you many many happy miles with it. Do start an ownership thread for your new machine. By the way, which color did you go for?

Top Bottom