• Ford Classic

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Ford Ecosport

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Others

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Don't kick me for start comparing 3 different segment. I'm a kind of mad monkey when it comes to automobiles.

Looking to exchange my 5 year old Linea with 65k on odo. Reason being the car is getting old and the rear seat is not that comfort (parents complain during long drives) Others it's a no nonsense car and I'm very much happy with it.

Ok, here are my requirements (no specific order)
1) Budget - 9L On road
2) Diesel with Good FE
3) PROPER Sedan, no sub 4 meters (exception for Ecosport)
4) Rear seat comfort (75% car will be driven with only 2 person, but when ever 4 / 5 on board, that's going to be a long drive. so rear seat comfort is most important)
5) ABS must, Airbags optional
6) Least bothered about service network (learned to live with it)

Cars out of my list (no offence please)
- All sub 4 meters
- Ford Fiesta - not a good looker, especially the rear
- Fiat Linea - why another Linea? getting bored
- Manza - Nice VFM car filling all my requirements, but the Looks spoil it
- Etios - Interiors are not applealing

Cars considered
- Nissan Sunny
- Renault Scala
- Ford Classic
- Ford Ecosport

1) Sunny / Scala (XL/XV)
+ Good FE
+ Space, space and space
+ Fits well within my budget
+ Comes loaded with safety package
- Not a good handler
- Interiors are not appealing

2) Ford Classic (Titanium)
+ VFM - Cheapest of the entire choice
+ Titanium comes with ABS & Airbags
+ Wide spread service network
+ Better handling
- Too old
- May be discontinued in near future (future of this car then???)

3) Ecosport (Trend)
+ Ground clearance (Hope pre GC upgrade Linea owners can understand why this came 1st in list)
+ Modern Looks (inside out)
- Price hike, price hike
- Too much waiting period

Should I consider any other cars? (9L budget)

If Leniea is not meeting your comfort expectation, why a car of 9L on-road will?

If you are thinking about a car of higher segment, please consider that. Why a Linea of just 65K on odo be sold?

My take: Use Linea or increase buget (not stretch for a few lacs).

Thread Starter #3
If Leniea is not meeting your comfort expectation, why a car of 9L on-road will?
Linea is a good handler and when it comes to comfort (especially the rear seat) it is average. Stiffer suspension makes irritating on rough roads / patches.

Why a Linea of just 65K on odo be sold?
Reason stated above - comfort.

Looking at your requirements i would say go ahead with Sunny.

It fulfills most of your requirements and has decent space at rear and good leg room as well.

And it comes with ABS and Airbags as well.

I'm inclined more towards Sunny. Would like to hear feedback from Sunny owners / users
I doubt whether Sunny has more comfor than Linea. Just wanted to mention that take TD and if you feel so, go ahead.

May be your linea suspesions need change, I don't know. Check that as well.

Thread Starter #8
I doubt whether Sunny has more comfor than Linea. Just wanted to mention that take TD and if you feel so, go ahead.
Driven and been on the rear seats of sunny extensively and fell in love with the comfort that offers (compared with my Linea) Even if required I can tune the Sunny's suspension for better handling.

May be your linea suspesions need change, I don't know. Check that as well.
What so ever it may be, decided to sell her.

It should be a Sunny offers an excellent comfort all around[:)], Try checking the New Honda too
You mean New City? I am a big fan of Honda (not only myself, everyone in our family too) but the New City SV is out of my budget[roll]

I would say you to increase the budget. Ecosport is a good driver's car but rear seat comfort is not the best.

I would advise you to look for an used D segment car.

Being a ecosport owner i am not recommending it because i dont want you to keep waiting in the queue for another 4 or 5 months

Manza apart from looks its a good car for your requirement

why nothing from volkswagen, honda and skoda

amaze, vento are good
ford classic is still at its best but it carries the same decade old engine and old design

as anshuman said the better bet for you is to grab a good next segment car in seconds market

Hi
Go for Nissan Sunny as its your first choice, It has good Rear seat comfort. It has good interiors according to me. Go for Scala as only difference between their interiors is leather quality and logo on steering wheel. Renault has better exteriors then Sunny also. They have same space, engine, some or hardly any features difference.

Thread Starter #12
I would say you to increase the budget. Ecosport is a good driver's car but rear seat comfort is not the best.
I would advise you to look for an used D segment car.
Started with a budget of 7L for a used car. But wanted to taste the virginity of a brand new car. Almost everyone in the family is against used car.[frustration]

Being a ecosport owner i am not recommending it because i dont want you to keep waiting in the queue for another 4 or 5 months
Except for the waiting period and rear seat comfort do you have any negative points? Interested in hearing from the actual owner.

why nothing from volkswagen, honda and skoda
amaze, vento are good
I doubt Vento / Rapid will fit my budget. Amaze is out of the list for 2 reasons (sub 4m, looks)

Go for Nissan Sunny as its your first choice, It has good Rear seat comfort. It has good interiors according to me. Go for Scala as only difference between their interiors is leather quality and logo on steering wheel. Renault has better exteriors then Sunny also. They have same space, engine, some or hardly any features difference.
Reason I have Scala in the list is,
- Mid variant of Scala gets Alloys + fine vision meters etc which sunny doesn't have
- Renault offered Exchange bonus upto 60k during December (which I can push now also)
- Not too many on the road

Apart from the above, I prefer Sunny over Scala

Last edited by a moderator:
Except for the waiting period and rear seat comfort do you have any negative points? Interested in hearing from the actual owner.

rear seat comfort : i never travelled in rear seat, and havent received any complaint from family members, they felt its better that that of the comfort in FIGO

I doubt Vento / Rapid will fit my budget. Amaze is out of the list for 2 reasons (sub 4m, looks)

just take a TD and check the rear seat comfort of AMAZE it may prove you otherwise.

honda cars are made with more space for people and less space for machine
check out this brochure https://www.hondacarindia.com/amaze/eBrochure.pdf
you can consider the renaults rebranded sunny too

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
just take a TD and check the rear seat comfort of AMAZE it may prove you otherwise.
Sorry dear, a BIG NO for all sub 4m though they may prove to be VFM / comfortable / practical. Afterall I'm looking for a Sedan and not something with a added piece of box at rear.

honda cars are made with more space for people and less space for machine
True.
Even I'm a die hard fan of Honda. I had City in the past and we still have a Civic at home. The kind of interior space Honda offers is really awesome.

Top Bottom