Buying a New BMW 320d. Please Help.

Thread Starter #1
H guys,
I am planning on buying a new bmw 320d. Please help me clarify the following.
Pricing:
I am buying 320d in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
When I initially enquired I was given a quotation of 46 lakhs for 320d luxury/sport line.
After a week of negotiation the dealer agreed to give a discount of 3.5 lakhs. Now I am paying 42.5 lakhs for the 320d luxury/sport line. Here is the breakup of the price
Ex-Showroom Price : 3638219
Insurance (100% IDV) + RSA : 102180
Life Tax @ 14% : 509601
Is this a reasonable price to pay?

Features:
The sales rep told me that the idrive screen can play videos. Is this true? If so how?

Also, the idrive screen is smaller when compared to the reviews in youtube on indian 320ds. The sales rep told me navigation is not available in 320d lxury/sport line. Is it true? How can I get navigation with bigger idrive screen?

Please also confirm if the Harman kardon speakers that come with the car are good. Or do I need to upgrade to alpine HiFi.

Will the idrive supports Bluetooth audio and idrive controlling of the ipod navigation?
Please help me guys..
thanks

Re: buying a new bmw 320d. Please help

Hi welcome to TAI,
Why dont you have a look at X3 or Q3 or Q5 . They all lie in same price nearly .

Regards
Ankit

Last edited by a moderator:

I would prefer a BMW over Audi.

Are you buying the F30 shape ?

also when you compared the videos are you sure they were the same model not e90 ?

Mostly overseas models differ to what you get in your country. You might want to confirm these details from BMW website. ( check for accessories and dimensions)

Audis are rubbish if you want to drive it yourself, and the only reason to buy an Audi SUV is to show off. The BMW will be much more enjoyable than the equivalent Audi sedan, guaranteed. The 3 series has great suspension too, so it will be much more comfortable!

The iDrive is this interface for any discs you insert, not sure which formats it is compatible with, but videos should not be a problem. Just don't watch movies while driving! [;)]

Why not just try the Harman audio and upgrade it later if you find it necessary?
BTW Harman are the people backing JBL.

You can play songs on your car's speakers from your iPod via the iDrive interface.

For the sake of your comfort, you can take a few DVDs and your iPod/iPhone to the dealership and tell a sales rep to show you exactly how to operate everything, don't worry about spending time in the car to make sure you are satisfied!

Last edited:

Your quoted price seems to be on higher side compared to other forum members who bought them.

Can you please state your requirements.

My take :
Go for 320D if you LOVE DRIVING dot and if you do it most of the time.

If you are looking at comfortable sedan with good balance of ride quality and handling then A4 comes into picture not that 320 is not comfortable but its stiff suspension is tuned for handling.

TD both the cars, you will decide even without the help from forum members[:D].

Last edited:

Well to answer your question, you really need to check in the showroom on the TD car.

If you are big BMW fan then you can really go for it. But still if you have room for competitors then I would suggest you to go for Mercedes C-class [Grand edition]. A little more penny and you can get AMG styling in this model [like alloys, front grill, badging, rear bumpers etc.]

Thread Starter #8

Your quoted price seems to be on higher side compared to other forum members who bought them.

Can you please state your requirements.

My take :
Go for 320D if you LOVE DRIVING dot and if you do it most of the time.

If you are looking at comfortable sedan with good balance of ride quality and handling then A4 comes into picture not that 320 is not comfortable but its stiff suspension is tuned for handling.

TD both the cars, you will decide even without the help from forum members[:D].
why not choose a car from audi? why don't you consider audi a4?
Audis are rubbish if you want to drive it yourself, and the only reason to buy an Audi SUV is to show off. The BMW will be much more enjoyable than the equivalent Audi sedan, guaranteed. The 3 series has great suspension too, so it will be much more comfortable!

The iDrive is this interface for any discs you insert, not sure which formats it is compatible with, but videos should not be a problem. Just don't watch movies while driving! [;)]

Why not just try the Harman audio and upgrade it later if you find it necessary?
BTW Harman are the people backing JBL.

You can play songs on your car's speakers from your iPod via the iDrive interface.

For the sake of your comfort, you can take a few DVDs and your iPod/iPhone to the dealership and tell a sales rep to show you exactly how to operate everything, don't worry about spending time in the car to make sure you are satisfied!
thanks all for your replies.i love driving and i prefer driving myself. that's another reason i chose 320d. but i drove A4 i really didn't find anything bad. like everyone talks about driving pleasure in 320d, i decided to buy it. i am not very familiar in noticing technical stuff while test drive.. all i can notice is it feels good or better. to me both felt the same.

That's a nice choice buddy and both 320d and A4 are both very good cars and have their own identity. There is nothing like A4 is better over 320d or vice-versa. The best thing is to do TD for both the cars couple of times and drive them back to back. And then go ahead with any of them which ticks most of the boxes for you buddy.

42L is a lot of money buddy so there is no harm in TDing both the cars or other available options. And if you are already satisfied with beamer than go ahead.

Regarding your enquiry on the video play part, take a dvd or something and try it at the dealership in any of the cars.

Secondly regarding the price, do you have any other dealer around or nearby. If yes then get a quotation from them as well.

thanks all for your replies.i love driving and i prefer driving myself. that's another reason i chose 320d. but i drove A4 i really didn't find anything bad. like everyone talks about driving pleasure in 320d, i decided to buy it. i am not very familiar in noticing technical stuff while test drive.. all i can notice is it feels good or better. to me both felt the same.
Well, A4 isn't that bad. But compared to 320D it feels slightly behind in terms of steering feel & handling wise.

You dont find anything different ?. Hmm, then take multiple TD of both from Highway roads to no roads(I meant our local connecting roads filled with potholes[:D]).

Definitely you will find the interiors of Audi to be more premium than Bmw.

Happy shopping[;)]

The 320d is definitely a good choice!

The differences can be hard to notice on most roads, but the main difference you will find will be in the way they corner. The 3 series feels much more agile and balanced in corners, steering feedback is also unbelievable! Audis on the other hand feel sluggish and disconnected in corners, steering feels like it has frostbite.

Try it out! Ask both dealerships for a long TD on some nice road where you can really get a feel for the handling characteristics!

The 320d is definitely a good choice!

The differences can be hard to notice on most roads, but the main difference you will find will be in the way they corner. The 3 series feels much more agile and balanced in corners, steering feedback is also unbelievable! Audis on the other hand feel sluggish and disconnected in corners, steering feels like it has frostbite.

Try it out! Ask both dealerships for a long TD on some nice road where you can really get a feel for the handling characteristics!
Well true about BMW few of my mates have the e46 and e92 M3 they are pretty good to handle

but about Audi a4 it completely depends which one are you after. Most of the audi a4 are front wheel drive compared to bmw 3 series being RWD
if you are talking about quattro A4 they are great handling cars as they have turbo petrol engine and all wheel drive. Audis are not considered as reliable cars in aus though

Well true about BMW few of my mates have the e46 and e92 M3 they are pretty good to handle

but about Audi a4 it completely depends which one are you after. Most of the audi a4 are front wheel drive compared to bmw 3 series being RWD
if you are talking about quattro A4 they are great handling cars as they have turbo petrol engine and all wheel drive. Audis are not considered as reliable cars in aus though
Even the Audi Quattros of these days don't deliver nearly as much enjoyment as one would expect, not even compared to one of the regular BMWs of equivalent size. They just seem to be built to the numbers. As a result, the only Audi Quattro I would ever consider buying is the original one [;)]

Top Bottom