i20 Petrol or Amaze Petrol?

Thread Starter #1
Hello Gurus,

Which one is a good pick among I20 Petrol & Amaze Petrol?
I need to choose one among these two.

Can you kindly suggest?

Hi I own A hyundai i20 and not happy with FE .Go for Amaze as it has better FE.And Honda petrol engines are superior to Hyundai .

Amaze is much better when it comes to driving pleasure. However, it has less equipment and i20 interiors are better. So if you are fine with moderate interiors go with Amaze. Do a td and the make your mind.
Also as Ankit said i guess i20 has less FE. My friend has one and he says he has never got more than 10-11kmpl.

Last edited:
Hello Gurus,

Can you kindly suggest?
I have driven my Brothers i20 and i will surely say dont buy it. He would come and say it returns only 10 kmpl. Its neither got perfomance nor Fuel Efficiency. I will surely put my money on Amaze.

Hello Gurus,

Can you kindly suggest?
IMO both are good vehicles but their running cost in terms of maintenance is high. You may wish to check about i10 Grand which will be as good as i20 but has lots of improvements over drivability and features. If you are particular about these two then Amaze will be better as it is a sedan.

My take --

Amaze -- If you want mileage -- IMHO interiors in amaze are not of my liking. But over all I found a humming noise constantly penetrating inside cabin while driving amaze petrol and engine always felt strained. Maybe because I test drove the amaze CVT.
i20 -- If you do not worry about mileage -- Interiors and features are top class.

I would suggest Honda Amaze, reasons as follows,

- Very spacious sub 4m car in market
- Sedan compared to a Hatchback
- One of the best petrol engine available in market
- Honda's reliability
- Best FE in class
- Very silent engine

Yes, interiors are plain and simple, but most of them will go for style, comfort, space and safety than some cool feature alone.

Also you can check my ownership review thread for more info.

ALL THE VERY BEST

Honda amaze is better in driving & FE, not so luxury as compare to i20, still i suggest to go for Amaze as in petrol its much better then i20.

Top Bottom