Skoda vRs Used Car

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I need some suggestion from you. In some of my previous post I taken your suggestion on new Cedia Sports, as I shutdown the deal not taken. I taken ZEN for the time being. Now, I have seen some Octavia vRs 2005 and 2006 model here are the prices:

vRs 2005:
Second Owner
KM: 54000+
New front tyres, new battery, some dents and cracks on bumper
Color: Black
Final Price: 3.25 lac
Negotiate till 3.20, not going further, also I doubt about the painting may be repainted, seen some slat black with metalic. If I am not wrong the octavia are not coming with any metalic black color.
Test Drive: Feels good, but at parking when I reverse it I got some druk, druk sound from chaises bottom, do not know if it is coming from brake or something else. There is a big dent on the front glass may be a stone hit from road during what he said, steering is not aligned properly, if I do straight it goes towards left sharply. I am not impressed on that.
He said the car is in running condition, and you do not need to spend. But the seat are not original all are repaired, I almost confirmed, but when I open it I found a Rat inside the engine, so I really upset. I change my mind not to take decision to early.

vRs 2006:
Single Owner
Driven only by drivers
KM: 53000+
Color: Black
Final price from owner: 3 lac
Recently serviced on Skoda service at 49000 kms. He also said the new gearbox has been changed he paid 70000/- for the gearbox, and already have Fortuner, Superb, Accord & Passat, so this is for sell because of parking space and less use in days. He asked to verify all the service history with his nearest service center in lower parel. There are few little dents only visible at close sight. Two mirrors are not working properly may be because of nice rains in Mumbai. I test drive it, feels the gearbox have good response then above, the engine area looks much neat.

Another 2007 Petrol I seen, do not have much information on it. On weekend I planned to go and check, the add is on Quikr.

On this weekend I am going to verify it with the skoda service station.

Can you please suggest if these prices are better deal for me.

I uploaded the engine section of second option i.e. 2006 model.

Regards,
PMG

Attachments

To me the second one looks to be decent one, if you have made up your mind to take a Skoda. Do a proper check before final negotiation.

Thread Starter #3
Dear Anshuman,

Can you please suggest few options or some kind of quick steps which are the area I need to check, it will be helpful for me to finalize the deal.

Regards,
PMGC

Thread Starter #5
My driving is 50 KM daily, and mostly on express highway which is soon going to complete between Sion - Panvel. At 12 I left from home and night 12 I reach home, lucky to get less traffic so I hope the car will give me around 9~10 KM/L in petrol. I appreciate unless if there are no some major service. Can you also tell me how can I detect any issue related to engine, during test drive I feel smooth sound inside cabin.

Hi PMGC , For best inspection take it to a nearby Skoda Service centre . They will have a look at engine and tell about problem(If Any ).

Yes get is checked by Skoda service or Trusted mechanic. You can check for any extra knocking during idling, or any oil leaks etc.

50 km/per will warrant for diesel or CNG car else will be heavy on pockets.

350Z

Core Team
Another 2007 Petrol I seen, do not have much information on it. On weekend I planned to go and check, the add is on Quikr.

On this weekend I am going to verify it with the skoda service station.

Can you please suggest if these prices are better deal for me.

I uploaded the engine section of second option i.e. 2006 model.
To be honest, neither of them looks to be worth and it seems that respective owners of both the cars have utilized most out of their rides. If I were in place, at least I will not consider them unless I’m adamant on quickly acquiring a vRS. Please meticulously inspect the second model if you decide to finalize it. Don't ever go by the looks of a used car. Otherwise, keep the search on through agents and classifieds (online / newspaper). Take a wise decision, three lakh is not a less money.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Check for accidents, chassis , gearbox , engine and any electronics inside the car. Hook it to your laptop to read codes if errors exist.
Test drive all and take mechanic with you to check the car for you.

What I would suggest is find a good experience mechanic or a Service engineer from SKODA showroom and ask to inspect those cars. They can really help you to get the exact condition of the car. I had done similar while buying a FORD IKON car in Pune. As per my views the experience mechanic from the particular brand showroom will have advantage over a local mechanic.

[You may need to pay some penny to them for the inspection]

Thread Starter #11
Finally I closed the deal with 2.60 lacs, soon I will upload some photos. I already drove it 1000+ km after my purchase. I will go for the attached tyre profile, the tyres will go more 5000+, but I prefer to change now and sell the older to some local dealer they will give me some money. In Mumbai the dealer takes tyres in all conditions, and since rainy seasons are going to come on 1st week of June, before that I need to put new tyres.

I need your suggestion if I can go for "Micheline Pilot Sports 3"

Thanks
Pranab

Attachments

Top Bottom