Most Fuel Efficient Best Petrol Hatchback

Thread Starter #1
I need your suggestion to find the best and most FE petrol hatch in india. I am looking in B segment cars.

owners please suggest their FE for swift, pulse, micra, punto. Only petrol please

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jithin:

Out of the hatchbacks named above, Swift is the one to go for. Best is subjective but most fuel efficient, best performing and most fun to drive is the Swift out of the cars mentioned by you. Punto owners don't jump on me saying "Punto petrol is also fun to drive", like or hate - you can't debate.. but Punto petrol is nothing more than sluggish.

I think in B segment only Maruti cars give you a consistent mileage though most of the Brio owners have started reporting mileage of 20+ while driving sedately on highways.

I drive Ritz and getting 14-15 on city roads with 25% AC and have received upto 19kmpl on highways with 80% AC.

Thread Starter #8
Thanks guys, so brio and swift are the best fuel efficient petrol B segment cars. Heard new swift will be launched any time soon. Any idea about brio? Long time since i heard anything about brio since honda is busy with amaze and city.

Not sure about the new swift as Maruti is busy in selling celerio as of now. I would say brio and swift are two completely different car, take test drive and decide for yourself.
Also you can consider RITZ if you can live with the design.

Hi Jithinmjose ,
GO for Brio !. Better looks and space then Brio(NO OFFENCE TO SWIFT 2 OWNERS ).
Cramped Rear Space . Its Maruti but I NEVER LIKED THEIR CARS !! .

Maruti going to introduce facelift in Festive Season . It has additional features like DRLs etc .

I think in B segment only Maruti cars give you a consistent mileage though most of the Brio owners have started reporting mileage of 20+ while driving sedately on highways.

I drive Ritz and getting 14-15 on city roads with 25% AC and have received upto 19kmpl on highways with 80% AC.

I am agreed with you, Ritz is more fuel efficient and powerful. Some benefits of buying Ritz if you struggling to jump in a little upper segment.

- share same platform as of Swift
- same engine as of Swift
- built quality is quite good as compared to Brio, i10, Micra, Pulse, TM Vista
- and more over good resale value.

As Sambit mech says. Go through every post in http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...st-fuel-efficient-cars-you-can-buy-india.html and analyse the FE stats by yourself. I say Brio is better than the options being discussed here. Main reason being the kerb weight of brio is the best in the segment.

Another point. FE of a car will depend heavily on your driving style. The better you drive the better will be the car's mileage. As simple as that [:)]

Last edited:
I am using new Swift from the last 6 months and getting consistently 15+ FE in B2B traffic in kolkata.In highway i did 2000km road trip to Vizag and got 21kmpl as per MID.I am very happy with the performance with respect to FE and Handling as well as by look.

own a ritz and get the same figures ( sometimes slightly better ) in the first 10k kms.

I am using new Swift from the last 6 months and getting consistently 15+ FE in B2B traffic in kolkata.In highway i did 2000km road trip to Vizag and got 21kmpl as per MID.I am very happy with the performance with respect to FE and Handling as well as by look.
Is this petrol or diesel?

Top Bottom