In the Market For 2 Cars...People Carrier and Hatchback

Thread Starter #1
So the thread title says it all friends...

As I updated my other threads, my Xylo is gone already and Civic is going to leave any day now. There is only one reason for this. My parents are moving to Delhi now. This also means we need new rides here. Now after my parents move here, the family count will increase because then it would be Dad+Mom+Me+Driver+Grandpa+Grandma+Maid. So we definitely need a People mover.

Now the cars we have shortlisted is the:
1. Innova (too expensive and we already had one here in Delhi before so trying to not to repeat)
2. XUV (this dad is seriously interested in)
3. Aria with discounts (this dad and me are seriously hoping for but dad does not want to get stuck with a lemon)
4. Safari Storme (this dad likes also but high ground clearance means it could make it difficult for grandma to climb in)
5. Xylo (again a repeat but also given a thought too. but this time it will be the mHawk engine)

Now is it worth increasing budget for the Ssangyong Rexton? Fortuners and Pajero Sports are waaayyy above the budget so no looking at them.

Coming to the hatchback:
I need a hatchback to go from college and back everyday which will be almost 80-100 kms daily (Dwarka to Noida). It needs to seriously fuel efficient and needs to look cool as well. Oh and it will be most likely second hand so it needs to be reliable.
I am looking at:

1. VW Polo (too much swag in the car but heard maintenance will be heavy. FE is reasonably good too. this is my first choice provided I find a good one)
2.Hyundai i20 (tight second choice because it looks good and is much more spacious than the Polo. Powerful diesel engine without compromising on FE.)
3. Ford Figo (just considering it for the heck of it because its a reasonable car. dull looks will need to be spruced up and might need a remap.)
4. Vista D90 (i know handling sucks compared to others here but I really like the car. also not sure if D90 will be available in used market so fast.)
5. Liva Diesel (liked the driving position of the car. interior was just meh but otherwise an okayish car. )

I am not considering the Swifts and Ritzs because I do not want a MS product. With a heavy heart, I am not considering the Puntos as well because I have just heard toooo many horror stories and I cannot afford to the take the plunge.

Purchase will be made in 2-3 months...

Re: In the market for 2 cars... a People Carrier and a Hatchback

Hi Type-r
If you don't want to be stuck with a lemon , Go for XUV .
For hatchback look for Hyundai i20

For SUV - XUV or Storme (Latter is miles ahead)

For HB - i20/Polo/Punto (I would recommend you to wait for Bolt)

Thread Starter #5

For SUV, it's confusing between Storme Aria and XUV
and hatchback, i like Punto too but its scary to maintain from what i have heard. How is Micra?

For SUV, it's confusing between Storme Aria and XUV
and hatchback, i like Punto too but its scary to maintain from what i have heard. How is Micra?
Micra is good only thing is looks bit girlish , but has astounding diesel FE of around 20 kmpl in city. You can try Pulse also.

For SUV I will definitely recommend you Storme. Having seen/driven our members' Storme here, I can vouch for it.

Thread Starter #7

unfortunately i out of above, i have sat only in Innova and Xylo. need to take some time out and visit showrooms.

for the hatchback, will Pulse already be in used market?

I like both the XUV as well as the Storme. I think XUV is more fun to drive, whereas Storme is better for passengers. Why I incline more towards the XUV is because it is a fresh product from scratch unlike the Storme, plus it has better features (both safety and comfort) as well.

For the hatchback, wait for the Bolt. Else pick the i20. No other option really.

Do you definitely need two separate cars or one single car which serves both purposes?
If you need two separate cars, the Aria and the upcoming Bolt will do good.
If a single all-rounder, I would suggest the Maruti Ertiga.

Thread Starter #13

Another contender for the People Mover is the Maruti Ertiga ZDi ABS with Alloys... any suggestions on this? i feel it is comparatively small in size compared to rest of the pack here.

When is the Bolt coming out? And Dharmesh, i have heard so many horror stories. Though my heart still wants one.

Another contender for the People Mover is the Maruti Ertiga ZDi ABS with Alloys... any suggestions on this? i feel it is comparatively small in size compared to rest of the pack here.
When you have the budget for cars like Storme and XUV, why do you need the Ertiga?

Ertiga is a much smaller car with much lesser power and torque.

When you have the budget for cars like Storme and XUV, why do you need the Ertiga?

Ertiga is a much smaller car with much lesser power and torque.
The third seats of Ertiga is almost useless. If they are unfolded only 2 kids can seat at most. Also no luggage space. The only good thing about Ertiga is FE and MJD engine. No wonder you cannot see many Ertiga Taxis.

Top Bottom