Ertiga CNG LXi or VXi ?

Thread Starter #1
Hi !
I’m planning to buy Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG Version. This will be my first car. I’m not able to decide if I should go for LXi or VXi variant.
I have compared both in terms of features and have received quotes from various delears in Pune City. The feature difference which I found is as below. But the price difference is huge, about 80 to 85k . Is it worth putting this much money for below missing features in LXi

I mean, I don’t feel like paying this much more for something like 'body coloured door handles or fog lamps, speacially when all other specifications including performance for both LXi & VXi variants are exactly same !!!

Even VXi doesn’t offer any extra saftly at that cost ( no ABS etc)

So why should I pay about 80k more for VXi ? I’m comparatively new to car world, so please advise if I’m reading both CNG LXi & VXi variants correctly ? Thanks

Difference between LXi & VXi features.

Body Colored Outside Door Handles
Antenna
Rear AC Ducts
Power Windows ( Front / Rear )
Front Seat Armrest
No Speakers
Fog Lamps (Front / Rear )

Re: Ertiga CNG LXi or VXi ?

Hii welcome to TAI ,
Go for VXI if possible cause SUVS must have power windows according to me . Other features at 80k are Value For Money

80K is substantial saving , which can get you majority of the features which are missing in VXI from after market. And they would be better than OEM ones. Go for LXI (as VXI does not have any safety features).

Just for your reference -

Body Colored Outside Door Handles - 2K
Antenna - 0.3K
Rear AC Ducts - NA
Power Windows ( Front / Rear ) - 8K
Front Seat Armrest - 1K
No Speakers - 6-8K
Stereo - 10K
Fog Lamps (Front / Rear ) - 2K

Total - Around 30K.

Thread Starter #4

80K is substantial saving , which can get you majority of the features which are missing in VXI from after market. And they would be better than OEM ones. Go for LXI (as VXI does not have any safety features).

Just for your reference -

Body Colored Outside Door Handles - 2K
Antenna - 0.3K
Rear AC Ducts - NA
Power Windows ( Front / Rear ) - 8K
Front Seat Armrest - 1K
No Speakers - 6-8K
Stereo - 10K
Fog Lamps (Front / Rear ) - 2K

Total - Around 30K.
Thanks for clarification. I do not have much knowledge on how warranty of car works, If I get these accessories fitted in LXi, will that be called as tamper or modification of the car ? and will that void the warranty ?

Please advise.

Thanks for clarification. I do not have much knowledge on how warranty of car works, If I get these accessories fitted in LXi, will that be called as tamper or modification of the car ? and will that void the warranty ?

Please advise.
Warranty will not void until any OEM electrical wires or any factory mechanical are tampered. The installer needs to be careful to use harness for electrical s.

But it is best if you take VXi if you need some comforts and convenience like power windows (a must nowadays), music system and other essentials like fog lamps. Factory kitted is better than aftermarket ones. After market may be cheaper, but you need to take care of those parts separately. LXi is quite too basic without even headrests.
VXi also gets rear AC vents which is really a must for the LUV!
I own a VDi LUV and welcome to TAI!

Warranty will not void until any OEM electrical wires or any factory mechanical are tampered. The installer needs to be careful to use harness for electrical s.
But it is best if you take VXi if you need some comforts and convenience like power windows (a must nowadays), music system and other essentials like fog lamps. Factory kitted is better than aftermarket ones. After market may be cheaper, but you need to take care of those parts separately. LXi is quite too basic without even headrests.
VXi also gets rear AC vents which is really a must for the LUV!
I own a VDi LUV and welcome to TAI!
If you are worried about aftermarket warranty, you can get them installed from MASS also for few thousand more.

What you save in LXI+Accessories (vs) VXI is mere 40-50K. Even some features like rear AC vent will be missing. You have to take your own call and decide.

I would suggest go for VXI as after market fittings from an acessories shop may save your money but the quality of the work is doubtful also dual AC is some thing which is very difficult to go after market and is very key feature atleast around pune in summers. Also you said you are going for CNG is your running more than 1200 kms a month if yes this option will be useful else stick with petrol

Thread Starter #9

Thanks All for expert advise.
It's hard to trust people who will fit the accessories in LXi (even if Maruti Authorized), that there will not a tamper !! so basically I will have to pay almost double price for factory fitted accessories(surprisingly !!) which are NOT adding anything to 'performance or 'safty' of LXi !!

Quite weird variant are these -LXi & VXi from Maruti. could have offered more if they are charging more in VXi......

cross-roads !! any other suggestion for a buget family car for 5/6 people which will be required for day-today commutation and for few occassional long trips in a year ?

Please advise

There is no other perfect choice than the LUV in the market if you need a more than five seater car.
VXi gives additional convenience and comfort features, doesn't that convince you? What do expect at such a price sir?

any other suggestion for a buget family car for 5/6 people which will be required for day-today commutation and for few occassional long trips in a year ?

Please advise
Yes of course.

You can check out Chevrolet Enjoy Diesel. Much cheaper, spacious and VFM than Ertiga.

The Enjoy is poorly built; although a good VFM and spacious car and it doesn't have highway abilities and refinement is very poor.

The Enjoy is poorly built; although a good VFM and spacious car and it doesn't have highway abilities and refinement is very poor.
There are atleast 3 Enjoy owners who are active members of our forum, let that hear from horse's mouth.

Thread Starter #14
Ownership review requested for Ertiga CNG

Hi All

I'm looking for any ownship reviews/experience for Ertiga CNG. Please share if you own one. Many Thanks

Thread Starter #15
Need Ertiga CNG reviews from owners driving in Pune city

Hi All

I'm looking for Ertiga CNG reviews from owners driving in and around Pune city. Basically I'm looking for your experience with CNG variant, handling given the city road conditions, maintenance, milage and CNG re-filling experience :) !!

Please direct me to relevant threads if already opened.

Thanks all ! looking for your valuable feedback.

Top Bottom